Will we be with our beloved pets in heaven?

ChronoTrigger

Might want to ask them if they want to be with you.

I would think that pets would be a secondary concern.

to what? I would rather see my dead cat Maytag then a lot of my extended family

(the ones who are dead I never met-and there's that whole no Mormons ever in my family, I'd be the first... probably the only one, so I couldn't make any Last of the Mohicans references)

to what? I would rather see my dead cat Maytag then a lot of my extended family

(the ones who are dead I never met-and there's that whole no Mormons ever in my family, I'd be the first... probably the only one, so I couldn't make any Last of the Mohicans references)

Ahhh but you have met them. You just don't remember them right now.

I've had many beloved pets throughout my life. I hope to one day on the other side of the veil, see them, express my love for them, and hope they can look at me with love too. I hope the Lord will not be displeased with my treatment of any of my pets or any other animals that have been under my care.

One thing to keep in mind about people we don't want to see in heaven: If we are unable to forgive, we won't need to worry about seeing anyone in heaven, because that's not where we'll be.

On topic, we have a large and growing list of pets we're looking forward to seeing. It's a point of contention between my kids and the Catholic neighbor's kids. :)

Hmm ok some may find this a little strange but when I was 10 I had a pet steer named baby and I kid you not he was the smartest bovine Ive ever been around and Ive been around alot! He loved me and I loved him. We would take naps together and play together (no I wasnt deprived of childhood friends) as I would chase him and he would chase me etc. No different from a pet like a dog or cat, just alot bigger. I cried when my dad made me take him to the sale because that meant eventual slaughter. Kinda like the pig in that book Charlottes Web except that pig got lucky. Well I hope I see him again. That was 25 years ago now and he is long gone save the memory but I would really like to see that fella again.

I am not going to share (too sacred), but I have absolutely no doubt that I will see my pets in heaven. I doubt Heavebly Father made them for life on earth only. I definitely look forward to being reunited with them. Big creek, that is not strange at all. I already asked Heavenly Father to let me have a horse from my college, since he had no technical owner. We were very close. :)

One thing to keep in mind about people we don't want to see in heaven: If we are unable to forgive, we won't need to worry about seeing anyone in heaven, because that's not where we'll be.

On topic, we have a large and growing list of pets we're looking forward to seeing. It's a point of contention between my kids and the Catholic neighbor's kids. :)

Why? Are you proxying Catholic pets into Mormon heaven?