Who are some famous Mormons?

pam

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea Handler, though I don't know many Mormons would would want to claim that. :) She's foul-mouthed atheist comedienne, but was raised LDS.

Jewel (musician) was raised LDS, but her family stopped attending shortly before she turned 8, and she was never baptized.

A thought I had: Someone mentioned Joseph Smith earlier up in the thread. I'd argue that he's famous simply because he's Mormon. But there are many of the General Authorities who were highly accomplished in their careers before they entered the Apostleship, and are arguably famous (or well-known) within their own circles, for reasons other than their religions. For example:

Dallin H. Oaks (Utah State Supreme Court)

Russell M. Nelson (one of the world's leading heart surgeons)

Ezra Taft Benson (US Secretary of Agriculture)

James E. Faust (chairman of the Utah State Democratic Party)

I didn't know that Christina Aguilera was raised Mormon. Honestly, I'm not shocked. If I were famous in any shape or form, I would want my religious beliefs to remain private, if I could. And if someone asked, I would just say, "It's non of your business :) "

I didn't know that Christina Aguilera was raised Mormon. Honestly, I'm not shocked. If I were famous in any shape or form, I would want my religious beliefs to remain private, if I could. And if someone asked, I would just say, "It's non of your business :) "

I've never actually read anywhere that she was. Her parents were, but they divorced when she was six or seven.

The singer Poe isn't LDS (to my knowledge), but her father taught at BYU for about 14 years.

Stephanie Mabey -- she's the girl who sings "The Zombie Song" made popular on Youtube. A friend ld me about the song around Christmas, and I did a little digging, and found out that she also appeared on an EFY CD a few years back.

Oh, has anyone said Lindsey Stirling yet?

Stephanie Mabey -- she's the girl who sings "The Zombie Song" made popular on Youtube. A friend ld me about the song around Christmas, and I did a little digging, and found out that she also appeared on an EFY CD a few years back.

Oh, has anyone said Lindsey Stirling yet?

I mentioned Lindsey in post #8

For a project I'm doing, who are some famous Mormons? I already have quite a list but looking for more. They can be anyone. Whether they were an inventor, musicians, politician, businessman, athlete..etc etc.

Please don't give me links. I want to see how many people we can actually come up with and how diverse the list can be.

So let the list begin.

Do you look for famous people who self-identify as Mormon or is it enough that they can be found in the church records?

Do you look for famous people who self-identify as Mormon or is it enough that they can be found in the church records?

Go ahead and mention them. I probably wouldn't use them for what I'm doing, but it's kind of fun to see who identifies with being LDS.

Edited by pam

Merlin Olson played in Little House on the Prairie and he was LDS. I think you are thinking of Victor French who played with Michael Landon in Highway to Heaven. He wasn't LDS.

No I was thinking of Merlin Olson. And ty for helping me. I just never really paid attention to famous peoples name their famous for what they do, but to me their just normal people like me.

To me No one is better than me and i'm no better then any one alse. We just have different gifts, talents. I'm not afraid to talk to a big ceo etc, for they might have more money and prestigue then I. And I have gifts and talents they don't have were equal. :)

Even thou they might not think so.

Not I. But I'd want people to respect my privacy and space.

I was in the MTC at the same time that he was there. One day he was standing right in front of me in a line. Did know it was him at that time. I think he went to South America on a mission.

He went to Portugal.

For a project I'm doing, who are some famous Mormons? I already have quite a list but looking for more. They can be anyone. Whether they were an inventor, musicians, politician, businessman, athlete..etc etc.

Please don't give me links. I want to see how many people we can actually come up with and how diverse the list can be.

So let the list begin.

the person who did the voice for the mirror in disneys snow white.. the voice of rabbit in the Winnie the pooh (first one at least) and sometimes the voice of Christopher robin... One of the guys that helped George lucas develop his original star wars stories. The guy who did the costumes in chalton hestons "The 10 Commandments" the real Perry portrayed in "captain Phillips". Thew guy who came up with the tunes "whistle while you work, and "high ho, High, ho". The guy who worked on some of the character designs and animations in disneys Cinderella. Ine of the directors for original Battlestar galactica.

the person who did the voice for the mirror in disneys snow white.. the voice of rabbit in the Winnie the pooh (first one at least) and sometimes the voice of Christopher robin... One of the guys that helped George lucas develop his original star wars stories. The guy who did the costumes in chalton hestons "The 10 Commandments" the real Perry portrayed in "captain Phillips". Thew guy who came up with the tunes "whistle while you work, and "high ho, High, ho". The guy who worked on some of the character designs and animations in disneys Cinderella. Ine of the directors for original Battlestar galactica.

Names man..I need names.