Count Down to Christmas Music

Guest LiterateParakeet

Guest LiterateParakeet

Okay, I know some of you don't want to talk about Christmas yet, but if you are one of those people then just think of these as songs about Christ.  Can't go wrong there.  :)  Pres. Kimball said, "No matter how much we speak of him, it is never enough."

This song has a renewed special meaning to me because a friend of mine who knows that I love to study the Savior's names shared that she had learned recently "Emmanuel" means God with us. We knew that right, but here's the thing...when Isaiah said it to the people it was meant as a message of comfort..."He is with you now". That is so beautiful, and just what I needed today. Enjoy the song.

Guest Godless

Couldn't help posting this after I saw what song was in the OP. Bad Religion is my all-time favorite band, and I love their version of the song. They caught a lot of grief for making this album, but who's to say that you can't enjoy some of the holiday traditions even if you don't follow the religion behind the holiday?

What a lovely topic, and how nice to know that other people like Johnny Mathis at Christmas, too.

Here is my favorite, from a Dutch or Belgian (or something) singer named Helmut Lotti, whose voice sounds like an angel from the Book of Revelation.  They tampered with the words for some odd reason, but this is one of the most nearly perfect Christmas songs I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI7wis-HmfI

Guest LiterateParakeet

You guys are awesome!  I've been introduced to several new versions of Christmas music in this thread.  I love Christmas and music is such an important part of it.  Thanks!

Edited by LiterateParakeet

Guest LiterateParakeet

BAH FLIPP'N HUMBUG!

Yea, time for my annual traditional bah-humbug moment  :cursing:  and this thread gets it.  Yea, I've got issues.

LOL Slamjet...as long as you share funny videos, feel free to humbug away.  :)