Need help in wording this.

Bini

I'm going to be planning a party and I need help in wording my preferences. Basically, I'm looking at making reservations at a restaurant that's family friendly but on the pricier side. I want guests to know that children are welcomed to come but we will not be footing the bill for them. I think that's nicer than saying adults only, at least, this way it gives parents the option of bringing the kids or getting a sitter. (I don't really mind making it an 'adult only' get together but I know that some guests won't come if they can't bring their children due to arrangement issues.) Any ideas?

I think you do the invite to all adults

And at the bottom say, While we are not inviting them, we have no objection if you bring your children:  I have a link I can send you so you'll know what to budget for them and whether they'll like the food, and please know that the restaurant is not considered to be particularly child-friendly [if this is true].     

Because if anything suggests you are including the children, you are also obligated to pay for their meals.  

I think you do the invite to all adults

And at the bottom say, While we are not inviting them, we have no objection if you bring your children:  I have a link I can send you so you'll know what to budget for them and whether they'll like the food, and please know that the restaurant is not considered to be particularly child-friendly [if this is true].     

Because if anything suggests you are including the children, you are also obligated to pay for their meals.  

She did mention the restaurant was family friendly.