siouxz72

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

Answer = Me

Hope that helps clear it up for ya.

Ok, I guess I'll give a better answer. It's basically someone that believes in the Church but doesn't love the principles.

tee hee! Thanks for the answer! :P

Now I've got another question. What do you mean by not loving the principles?

Typo... should be "live."

Just a little history on the term. During the 19th century the term Jack Mormon came to mean those that were not officially members of the church but were friendly or took an active interest in their belief system.

Over time the term came to changed to mean someone who became inactive in the church. My understanding is that it is also someone who though inactive maintained good feelings or positive feelings about the Church. But also applies to those that have good feelings towards the church but reject the prohibition of tobacco and alcohol.

Does the term also apply to people that go to church each Sunday but choose not to follow the Word Of Wisdom?

My understanding is that it applies to those that are inactive. Many who attend church on Sundays have vices. I wouldn't think that would make them a Jack Mormon. JMO

<div class='quotemain'>

Does the term also apply to people that go to church each Sunday but choose not to follow the Word Of Wisdom?

My understanding is that it applies to those that are inactive. Many who attend church on Sundays have vices. I wouldn't think that would make them a Jack Mormon. JMO

aha! I see.

I travel "E" Street quite often on the way to LDS Hospital. On that Street they have a Jack Mormon Coffee Shop. I often see a woman outside sweeping the sidewalk about 9 a.m. The thought has occurred to be to enquire more about the store or at least take a picture. B)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Mormon

I cant believe they have jack mormon on wikipedia. I love that website - theyve got everything!!!

Have to be careful with the accuracy of wikipedia though. They have been proven to be posting wrong information several times.