Are there women in Outer Darkness?

The 1/3 host of heaven that followed Lucifer to OD, were there any females? I ask because the term is Sons of Perdition. Not children or daughters but sons. Does that mean women can't go to Outer Darkness?

9 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

The 1/3 host of heaven that followed Lucifer to OD, were there any females? I ask because the term is Sons of Perdition. Not children or daughters but sons. Does that mean women can't go to Outer Darkness?

English suffers from a lack of true grammatical gender. Yeah, we have "he", "she", "it", but that's not grammatical gender.

In French, Spanish, Italian, and, as I understand it, German, the terms "les fils", " los hijos", "i figli", and "die Söhne" mean, primarily, "the sons", but they can also mean the broader "children" in the context of one's individual offspring.

In Greek, the phrase υἱὸς τῆς ἀπωλείας is not sex-specific, it includes Satan's sons and his daughters, as well.

Just for fun, the word "perdition" means "the lost [one]", i.e., Satan. His sons are those who've chosen to follow him, both spirit from pre-mortality and those of our brothers who choose his path here. But in Geek, the word ἀπώλεια, apōleia, doesn't mean "lost", it means destroy- (-ed, -er, -ing, etc.).

Lehi

Do you know that the Pilipino language doesn't have a word for son or daughter... it only has anak to mean child (as in offspring of).  But in the Pilipino to English dictionary, anak translates to son... so it gets confusing to Filipinos trying to use the dictionary to talk to English-speakers.

In Pilipino, if you want to say specify Son you have to say anak na lalake (male child).

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

This question is begging for someone to make an ex-wife joke...

That literally made me laugh out loud! Awesome NT! LOL!!!! 

In fairness I have nothing bad to say about my exes (wives or girlfriends) but I am SURE they do not share that opinion of me! 

(total joke. Shockingly I don't have any ex wives, except for @zil

Edited by MormonGator

14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

(total joke. Shockingly I don't have any ex wives, except for @zil

Oh sure, use a public forum to tell me it's finally official!  One day you're number 4, next day you're ex-wife umpteen.  Typical.  Now you can go to OD without dragging me along...  Let me know when you leave - I need to clean out my room on the compound. ;)

(joking. really.  cuz fiction is fun.)

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, zil said:

(joking. really.  cuz fiction is fun.)

Yes, it's all fiction people. 

In reality Zil is still my fourth wife. She has a problem with numbers 1-3, but we're working on it. 

30 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Yes, it's all fiction people. 

In reality Zil is still my fourth wife. She has a problem with numbers 1-3, but we're working on it. 

:crackup:(I have no idea why, but I find this extremely amusing.  I hope the rest of you enjoy it as much.)

@Eowyn: I'm pretty sure wife #1 feels like she's #1! :)

Guest MormonGator
44 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

What I want to know is how wife #1 feels about all this.

Wife number one (the beautiful LadyGator) was the first one to suggest I start this polygamy thing! 

Me: Will you get out of here LadyGator? Wife number 2 is coming over. 

LadyGator: Can you have her come over Saturday morning? Give me more time to shop and we'll all be happy. 

(Verbatim conversation. Secret to a happy relationship? Humor. And for the record, shopping is the only cliche/stereotypical girl thing LG is into)

Edited by MormonGator

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Do you know that the Pilipino language doesn't have a word for son or daughter... it only has anak to mean child (as in offspring of).  But in the Pilipino to English dictionary, anak translates to son... so it gets confusing to Filipinos trying to use the dictionary to talk to English-speakers.

Doodooplicate

Edited by theSQUIDSTER
Doodooplicate

Doodooplicate

Edited by theSQUIDSTER
Doodooplicate

Is it Pilipino or Tagalog..?  It's all so confusing..  Most of us yanks, ozzies, canucks, kiwis, Puerto Ricans, Mississippians, cancunians, etc. speak neither Pilipino nor English... Actually, most Brits don't speak English either, but cockney, brummie, smoggie, yorkie, karmachameleonie, etc.  In surfpunk there are no such beings as "dudettes" .. Only dudes and babes.  This whole thing of dialects and languages is rather a mess.  Through translations and mistranslations.. It isn't really clear at all whether there will be any babes consigned to outer-gnarleyness.  

;)

Edited by theSQUIDSTER

4 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Wife number one (the beautiful LadyGator) was the first one to suggest I start this polygamy thing! 

Me: Will you get out of here LadyGator? Wife number 2 is coming over. 

LadyGator: Can you have her come over Saturday morning? Give me more time to shop and we'll all be happy. 

(Verbatim conversation. Secret to a happy relationship? Humor. And for the record, shopping is the only cliche/stereotypical girl thing LG is into)

Our conversation over here usually goes...

Mr. Anatess:  Babe, I'm out of clean socks.

Anatess:  I told you we need wife #2!  She can be in charge of laundry.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Our conversation over here usually goes...

Mr. Anatess:  Babe, I'm out of clean socks.

Anatess:  I told you we need wife #2!  She can be in charge of laundry.

That's why you are not wife number 8 Luv. Which I'm sure both of us are very happy about. 

I do all the laundry-in fact, I get irritated if LadyGator even touches it. 

1 hour ago, theSQUIDSTER said:

Is it Pilipino or Tagalog..?  It's all so confusing..  Most of us yanks, ozzies, canucks, kiwis, Puerto Ricans, Mississippians, cancunians, etc. speak neither Pilipino nor English... Actually, most Brits don't speak English either, but cockney, brummie, smoggie, yorkie, karmachameleonie, etc.  In surfpunk there are no such beings as "dudettes" .. Only dudes and babes.  This whole thing of dialects and languages is rather a mess.  Through translations and mistranslations.. It isn't really clear at all whether there will be any babes consigned to outer-gnarleyness.  

;)

It's Pilipino.  Which is completely different from Tagalog but google translate and all other translation folks - and even Filipinos whose native tongue is Tagalog (silly people, the lot of them) - think their Wikang Pambansa (National Language) is called Tagalog which is silly because the Bisaya know that Tagalog is just a northern dialect and NOT the Wikang Pambansa - which is Pilipino, a language that was created (like how somebody, can't remember the name, created the language called Dothraki), by taking the most common word from all 49 distinct dialects of the Philippines to put in the dictionary and then base it on the Tagalog grammar structure to come up with the National Language that every Filipino Elementary, Middle, and High school in the country - public or private - is required to teach in addition to English and the Native Tongue of the region.  So that, by the time you graduate High School, you are proficient in at least 3 languages - but the Tagalogs are still confused about this because they think their Native Tongue and the Wikang Pambansa are the same effectively driving their Native Tongue to extinction except for the avid linguists who are trying to restore Tagalog to its original form.

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's why you are not wife number 8 Luv. Which I'm sure both of us are very happy about. 

I do all the laundry-in fact, I get irritated if LadyGator even touches it. 

Well yeah, you should be my husband #2.  Then I don't have to worry about laundry.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Well yeah, you should be my husband #2.  Then I don't have to worry about laundry.

We all know how this works. Send an 8 x 10 color photo and three references to @zil (she's in charge of paperwork and applications. You should see her office!) and you can expect to hear back in 7-10 business days. Sorry, my new wife department is swamped right now. Applications keep pouring in! 

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

We all know how this works. Send an 8 x 10 color photo and three references to @zil (she's in charge of paperwork and applications. You should see her office!) and you can expect to hear back in 7-10 business days. Sorry, my new wife department is swamped right now. Applications keep pouring in! 

Extra points if you have fountain pens and inks we can share.  (I just got two new nibs and am thinking the lawn may have to wait a couple days while I play.)