The Phrase "I'm a Mormon" Will Not Exist in Heaven

clbent04

Personal opinion that to me is just common sense.  When we go to Heaven, we will finally be stripped of the labels of segregation that divide us on Earth.  While we distinguish ourselves here on Earth by saying I'm a Mormon, that need to distinguish will be done away with once in Heaven.  We will no longer refer to ourselves as Mormons.  We will simply be children of God who continue to practice the eternal principles taught in the Church.   

Edited by clbent04

11 hours ago, clbent04 said:

Personal opinion that to me is just common sense.  When we go to Heaven, we will finally be stripped of the labels of segregation that divide us on Earth.  While we distinguish ourselves here on Earth by saying I'm a Mormon, that need to distinguish will be done away with once in Heaven.  We will no longer refer to ourselves as Mormons.  We will simply be children of God who continue to practice the eternal principles taught in the Church.   

Yes, but we will have happy memories of being Mormon, having said it, and ever grateful that we were and did.

12 hours ago, clbent04 said:

That doesn't change the fact that this is the only true church and only those that fully accept ALL the "Mormon" theology will be the ones that go to heaven.

So we may not say "I'm a Mormon", but we will say something synonymous to it.

1 minute ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Sure and we won't be Americans or Candians either. I'm not sure I get your point.  

I think he is trying to make us open minded.

I met a lady on my mission that said "When we get to heaven, we are all going to stand in lines outside different doors with each of our religions written on them, and when we get inside our doors, we are going to see that we are all in the same place!"

She was very wrong.

There is one line and that is the Mormon/LDS line. 

6 minutes ago, Fether said:

I met a lady on my mission that said "When we get to heaven, we are all going to stand in lines outside different doors with each of our religions written on them, and when we get inside our doors, we are going to see that we are all in the same place!"

She was very wrong.

The one line is "members of the church of the firstborn"

14 hours ago, clbent04 said:

All kidding aside, to help understand things better, consider how important your elementary school education was.  How often do you cite your first grade teacher who taught you how to count and write letters?  While we'd all say how important those foundational years were, I don't think we pay much attention to them.

High School was somewhat more important.  I still remember my English teacher in high school.  My wife rolls her eyes whenever I mention his name -- I do it a lot.  I have his lesson materials, and I use them for my children's homeschooling.  But for the most part, no one cares where I went to high school.

College, on the other hand, will be important to some.  Others, it doesn't really make a difference.  Some professions depend greatly on where you went to school.  Everywhere I get a new job, someone always asks me where I went to school.  Other professions don't really talk about it.  It may come up in conversation from time to time.  But no one really asks a surveyor where he got his degree.  No one asks an HR manager where he got his degree.  And after about 10 years in the career field, I don't know anyone who has been asked what his GPA was in college.  The only thing that matters is that you got the degree from an accredited university.

Somewhere along this scale, we can figure about how important our earth life will be after final judgment.  And I'd daresay, after a long while (in terms of mortal measurement of time) none of us will really care where we were or what religion we were or...  We'll have our Kingdom determined by Jesus Christ.  That will be all that will matter.

11 hours ago, Fether said:

She was very wrong.

#nailedit

On 8/6/2017 at 7:37 PM, clbent04 said:

We will simply be children of God who continue to practice the eternal principles taught in the Church.   

True; however, this is what we already are, the world is what has placed a label upon us (a label we accept), and a label we recognize that will not be used in the next life. Adam was not Mormon. Noah was not Mormon. Moses was not Mormon. No one was "Christian" until the Church Christ established and this was to separate them from the "Jews" at the time.

Same could be said then, "I am a Christian" will not be said in the next life either; although, this label has more merit which is why modern Christianity seeks to label Mormons as outside the tenet.

As for me, I will be happy to be called his own, his sheep, his friend, his son. All these are great labels, but above all his son and his friend I value most.

36 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

True; however, this is what we already are, the world is what has placed a label upon us (a label we accept), and a label we recognize that will not be used in the next life. Adam was not Mormon. Noah was not Mormon. Moses was not Mormon. No one was "Christian" until the Church Christ established and this was to separate them from the "Jews" at the time.

Same could be said then, "I am a Christian" will not be said in the next life either; although, this label has more merit which is why modern Christianity seeks to label Mormons as outside the tenet.

As for me, I will be happy to be called his own, his sheep, his friend, his son. All these are great labels, but above all his son and his friend I value most.

Completely agree. You get the bigger picture