Question for men of the board

Jane_Doe

Ok , so what exactly does "feel feminine" mean.   And when I say "sexy" I dont mean it in the sense that you are hunting for men and looking and acting provocatively. I mean it in the sense that a woman likes to feel good about themselves and well , feel sexy. Feel like a woman.  So please explain to mean what it means to feel feminine because I guess I have it all wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Ok , so what exactly does "feel feminine" mean.   And when I say "sexy" I dont mean it in the sense that you are hunting for men and looking and acting provocatively. I mean it in the sense that a woman likes to feel good about themselves and well , feel sexy. Feel like a woman.  So please explain to mean what it means to feel feminine because I guess I have it all wrong. 

Answer this question:  Do you wear pants?  If so, why?  Do you wear skirts?  If not, why not?

And while you're at it... go open up the handy dandy dictionary and look up the definition for the word sexy.

Edited by anatess2

On 9/1/2017 at 6:26 PM, Jane_Doe said:

Do guys have anything like that?

We apply common sense to it, by asking the sort of people we want to attract; women we find attractive.

Women, OTOH, ask other women, which makes no sense unless they're all secretly lesbians.  (Definite possibility, given that they all seem to tell each other that buzz cuts are adorable.)

12 minutes ago, NightSG said:

We apply common sense to it, by asking the sort of people we want to attract; women we find attractive.

Women, OTOH, ask other women, which makes no sense unless they're all secretly lesbians.  (Definite possibility, given that they all seem to tell each other that buzz cuts are adorable.)

The answer to this is wired in darwinian physiology.  If you believe there's such a thing.

The human species in any point in darwinian time has shown that the ratio of female to offspring is 1:2 whereas the ratio of male to offspring is 2:1.  The conclusion is that males have to fight another man for dominance because females only pick 1 out of 2 of them to produce offspring whereas females don't have the same problem.  The dominant male genetics is then, by theory of selection, the surviving species.  Males, therefore, have to know what women want to increase their chances of selection (especially if they're not males with dominant characteristics) to pass their genes whereas females just need to consult with each other on what characteristics would make a stronger species and remove those females lacking in those characteristics from the gene pool.

Yes, yes... I listen to a lot of Dr. Jordan Peterson.

Edited by anatess2

52 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

females just need to consult with each other on what characteristics would make a stronger species and remove those females lacking in those characteristics from the gene pool.

How does a Sinead O'Connor hairdo help the gene pool more than, say, learning useful phrases like "no thank you; I'm full?"

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Answer this question:  Do you wear pants?  If so, why?  Do you wear skirts?  If not, why not?

And while you're at it... go open up the handy dandy dictionary and look up the definition for the word sexy.

sexy- appealing. I just wanted to be clear that when I say sexy, I dont mean they dress sexy just to go men hunting, thats may be the case sometimes I guess.  Women do dress to be appealing, not always for comfort.

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

sexy- appealing. I just wanted to be clear that when I say sexy, I dont mean they dress sexy just to go men hunting, thats may be the case sometimes I guess.  Women do dress to be appealing, not always for comfort.

Define appealing.  Appealing for sex?  Because that's what sexy means.  For example, you don't describe a woman primping up for Sunday worship as dressing sexy.  Now, a prostitute primping up for work would be dressing sexy.  All the time.

And so, this choice of words, once again, gives us a clue as to how you view women.

Edited by anatess2

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Define appealing.  Appealing for sex?  Because that's what sexy means.  For example, you don't describe a woman primping up for Sunday worship as dressing sexy.  Now, a prostitute primping up for work would be dressing sexy.  All the time.

And so, this choice of words, once again, gives us a clue as to how you view women.

Sexy can mean several things depending on the situation, its not always about sex. A woman buys a "sexy" Halloween costume,  does this mean this woman bought this outfit to look for sex?  Cute as a girl, sexy as a woman, basically means the same thing, it just describes a look. Same as cute as boy and handsome as a man.

Just now, Dillon said:

Sexy can mean several things depending on the situation, its not always about sex. A woman buys a "sexy" Halloween costume,  does this mean this woman bought this outfit to look for sex?  Cute as a girl, sexy as a woman, basically means the same thing, it just describes a look. Same as cute as boy and handsome as a man.

You don't use the word sexy on a Halloween costume unless it is a costume that is generally considered something that specifically designed to attract men.  For example - a costume that exposes a lot of skin.  A nurse Halloween costume, for example, can be nice or it can be sexy.  I have a feeling you know exactly what a sexy nurse outfit looks like.

But yeah, I have a feeling you'd rather go about telling women stupid things than actually learn from a woman that you need some adjustment in your communication.

25 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You don't use the word sexy on a Halloween costume unless it is a costume that is generally considered something that specifically designed to attract men.  For example - a costume that exposes a lot of skin.  A nurse Halloween costume, for example, can be nice or it can be sexy.  I have a feeling you know exactly what a sexy nurse outfit looks like.

But yeah, I have a feeling you'd rather go about telling women stupid things than actually learn from a woman that you need some adjustment in your communication.

This Halloween I want you to go online and search adult Halloween costumes,   see if about 95% of them use the word "sexy" to describe them. See how many nurse costumes use the word "nice" to describe them. So this kinda validates my point why women dress the way they do. Or is it the media and advertisement and clothing retailers that push this? Or do they know that their target buyers want this type of clothing? Which is it?  When women say its hard to find modest dress,   is it some kind of conspiracy by clothing retailers or is it because they know that women want to buy this type of clothing?  

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

This Halloween I want you to go online and search adult Halloween costumes,   see if about 95% of them use the word "sexy" to describe them. See how many nurse costumes use the word "nice" to describe them. So this kinda validates my point why women dress the way they do. Or is it the media and advertisement and clothing retailers that push this? Or do they know that their target buyers want this type of clothing? Which is it?  When women say its hard to find modest dress,   is it some kind of conspiracy by clothing retailers or is it because they know that women want to buy this type of clothing?  

@NeuroTypical, help this struggling man with his statistics, will you?

9 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I'm sure that there was a legitimate argument at some point in this discussion, however, it appears to have been lost by the second page.  That's typically a bad sign.

Wasnt because of me,  all I did was congratulate a woman for being honest and admitting the reason she wears high heels and then she scolds me for saying why women wear high heels.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

This Halloween I want you to go online and search adult Halloween costumes,   see if about 95% of them use the word "sexy" to describe them. See how many nurse costumes use the word "nice" to describe them. So this kinda validates my point why women dress the way they do.

Don't need to wait for Halloween - just go do an amazon.com search right now.  https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=halloween+costumes+for+women&sprefix=halloween+costum%2Caps%2C176&crid=76NTFT9XRBRM.  I don't see the word 'sexy' anywhere.  I mean, there's absolutely no shortage of sexy/revealing/skimpy costumes, but not much by way of identifying it by word.  A different search for "nurse costume" shows maybe half are "sexy nurse" costumes.  The phrase has name recognition.

Or is it the media and advertisement and clothing retailers that push this? Or do they know that their target buyers want this type of clothing? Which is it?  When women say its hard to find modest dress,   is it some kind of conspiracy by clothing retailers or is it because they know that women want to buy this type of clothing?  

*shrug*.  I think it's a "Dillon thinks his limited experience defines reality for the rest of us" thing.  My daughters are teenagers - I think the last time they actually bought a Halloween costume from a store, was when they were 6 or 7.  They and Mamma have been making their own for a decade now.  Part of it was none of them wanted anything to do with the cheap trashy crap you find in the store, part of it because they have specific eclectic tastes.  My daughter was an "Optimus Prime from the '80's cartoons", a "Megan Ory OUAT-style Little Red Riding Hood", a "Tim Burton-style Cheshire Cat", and a "Rule 63 Eighth Doctor Who".  Every year at the ward trunk-or-treat, I notice fewer and fewer store-bought costumes.  

Don't get me wrong, the "go as bare as you dare" thing is absolutely a thing.  I see no shortage of women thinking like Dillon thinks all women think.   It's just that I also see no shortage of women who don't.  I don't know why Dillon doesn't.  

Honestly, if he learns how to use words like "some" or "many", I think most of our problems with him would go away.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Most men in my area are just really layed back we are far from the city so its a real country feel.

I dress for function rather then style although coming from an athletic background in high school and college I do love my brand name athletic wear. Unlike my wife and daughters, you would never find me staring more then 2 seconds in the mirror, im pretty simple and easy maintenance, however! as of two months ago I have grown out a full beard for the first time ever in my life- I absolutely love my new look and cant stop staring at myself in the reflection of store windows and car mirrors etc..wife loves it too.

My side of the medicine cabinet went from having just a stick of deodorant and a razor (nope not even shave cream because my dad was old school and a penny pincher so I followed his example and just shaved with water) to now several types of beard oils and lotions, beard comb and brush, clippers, minoxidil 5% to encourage hair growth, various vitamins like biotin, hyaluronic acid and collagen for healthy skin/hair/nails. Ill also admit that I do spend a fair amount of time searching utube for "beard tutorials" and how well other men wear their beards. :)

10 hours ago, Dillon said:

Some adult women use Halloween to dress in ways they never would otherwise. Living out a fantasy for a day.  Don't confuse fantasy with reality. 

Adult humans, male and female, instinctively behave in ways that attract a mate. Societies and men largely dictate what that is, for women.   Modesty is a choice, to put the matters of the flesh aside and as Jane Doe pointed out, cultivate a Christian virtue. Most of the Western world are cultivating, exclusively, the carnal senses. Whether it be overeating or baring as much as possible. It is what sells because the natural man/woman, is carnal and sex is fun (duh). It's like asking why does a dog like a bone? 

There are women who wear high heels who are not looking for a mate. We aren't animals. We're rational beings who can wear things for our own enjoyment and for no other reason, than that. What women do or don't do isn't always about men. 

Edited by Blueskye2