Answering the great Mystery who God created man, and his role in this vast universe

zlarry123

Greetings

ANSWERING THE GREAT MYSTERY WHY GOD CREATED MAN, AND HIS ROLE IN THIS VAST UNIVERSE.

"Astronomers looked 8,000 light-years into the cosmos with the Hubble Space Telescope, and it seemed that the eye of God was staring back”—National Geographic, April 1997

"It's difficult for us to comprehend the concept of "before time began," much less what to. It's difficult for us to comprehend the concept of "before time began," much less what took place then. But Scripture reveals that God laid out His amazing purpose and plan for mankind before time began."

THE MYSTERY

The mystery was make known through the Gospel, a concept planned out before time began by the Father. To give Jesus Christ, "The Only Begotten Son Brothers and Sister. As the Apostle Paul said, " ALL WAS CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM" Col. 1:16 

GOD'S FAMILY ARRANGEMENT AND  BRINGING TO A GLORIFIED STATE.

Hebrews 2:10 BRINGING MANY SONS TO GLORY For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in BRINGING MANY SONS TO GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. NKJV

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them HE GAVE THE RIGHT TO BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD, to those who believe in His name: NKJV

2 Corinthians 6:18' I WILL BE A FATHER TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL BE MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS, Says the LORD Almighty." NKJV

WAS THE MYSTERY ALWAYS MADE KNOWN.

Romans 16:25 Benediction Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery KEPT SECRET SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN 26 BUT NOW MADE MANIFEST, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, NKJV

CONNECTING THE DOTS

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. 29 For whom He foreknew, HE ALSO PREDESTINED to be conformed to the image of His Son, that HE MIGHT BE THE FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, THESE HE ALSO GLORIFIED. NKJV  

Regards Larry

• zlarry123 changed the title to Answering the great Mystery who God created man, and his role in this vast universe

Hi Jane

I will be glade to

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? KJV

For me presently I don't think I was an angel at one time prior to the physical univere. Since one has to be paternally brought into existence in divine nature to have God as their unique Father. Jesus was paternally brought into existence by His Father.

Angel's on the other hand were created of a different nature, not born, but individually created through Christ.  Not procreated!

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things WERE CREATED BY HIM, AND FOR HIM: KJV

The Father and the only Begotten Jesus make up the Royal Family. God created the universe to expand His Family and give Jesus brothers and sister.

The purpose of God, 

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the SPIRIT OF ADOPTION, WHEREBY WE CRY, ABBA, FATHER. KJV

In other words Daddy

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN. KJV

Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in BRINGING MANY SONS UNTO GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. KJV

All God's children will live through all eternity in the household and presents of God our Father.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto MY FATHER, AND YOUR FATHER; AND TO MY GOD, AND YOUR GOD. KJV

This is not a Christian religious concept, it's simply a family arrangement. 

Regards Larry 

Hi Larry,

I was more observing that you touched on many points, and was wanting to know which 1 was your particular focus.   

Yes, LDS believe that the Father is Christ's Father and Christ is the Only Begotten.  That's a foundational Truth.  Another foundational Truth is that we are all sons and daughters (little 's' and 'd') of the Father and He is our Father that loves us.  

Hi Jane and Sunday 21 thanks for responding.

I totally agree and understood that is your faith. The only dilemma as I see it, is there is only one hope, and one destination for all Fathers's children. In His presents and our Lord Jesus in the Royal Household.

The  suggestion of different level's out of the intimate present of God sounds like a strange teaching. All  born again children should be together in one home with their heavenly Father. Would you agree? I know about the other hope, and the determination to be in the upper level, beyond the abode of the lower ones. See what I'm getting at.

Interestingly I believe the book of Mormons doesn't mention or even touch the concept. 

Regards, Larry

1 hour ago, zlarry123 said:

Hi Jane and Sunday 21 thanks for responding.

I totally agree and understood that is your faith. The only dilemma as I see it, is there is only one hope, and one destination for all Fathers's children. In His presents and our Lord Jesus in the Royal Household.

The  suggestion of different level's out of the intimate present of God sounds like a strange teaching. All  born again children should be together in one home with their heavenly Father. Would you agree? I know about the other hope, and the determination to be in the upper level, beyond the abode of the lower ones. See what I'm getting at.

Before, I address this, I have a question for you Larry: you already discussed a person needs to accept Christ, but what about forsaking their sins?  Do you believe a person must forsake ALL of their sins?

(Obviously this is done through Christ's power, so that part is not my question). 

10 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Before, I address this, I have a question for you Larry: you already discussed a person needs to accept Christ, but what about forsaking their sins?  Do you believe a person must forsake ALL of their sins?

(Obviously this is done through Christ's power, so that part is not my question). 

I believe this is one of the points that I like about Mormonism.  Not just forsaking their sins, but sustaining until the end.  

Hi Jane and Grunt     

Thank for the great question and the opportunity to respond to it.

YES!

The words of our Lord Jesus Christ

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. KJV

The words of John the Apostle who walked with Him

1 John 1:8 IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NO SIN, WE DECEIVE OURSELVES, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. KJV

The words from Mosiah in the Book of Mormons

Mosiah 4:10 

" believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them"

From Jane and Grunt

"Before, I address this, I have a question for you Larry: you already discussed a person needs to accept Christ, but what about forsaking their sins?  Do you believe a person must forsake ALL of their sins?

I believe this is one of the points that I like about Mormonism.  Not just forsaking their sins, but sustaining until the end"

Something to ponder for us all

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.  KJV

Regards, Larry

Ok, recapping what we have thus far:

Everyone here believes a person must have faith in Christ and surrender ALL their sins in order to be saved.  This is done through Christ's power.

Now Larry, what if a person doesn't want to surrender ALL their sins, what happens then?    I'm not talking about a sin that someone commits and then repents of, but a perpetual sin that person flat out refuses to surrender, even after being given tremendous time/opportunity and God's pleading.  

Hi Anatessa

Fair enough

Firstly I don't belong to any denomination or nondenominational  church, nor do I want to posse any title like born again. I simply consider myself, God willing, His. child. The doctrine I present is far from mainstream Christianity. For example the trinity, or a burning hell as literal place for all eternity for those who do no love God.

Anatessa what I post is what I personally believe after many years of prayer and study. My interest has always been to understand how others view bible doctrines without judging them in any way.

We will all stand before God as individuals in the end, and will be responsible for the doctrine we present, and our behavior on the planet. This will follow hopefully with a resurrection into the presents of God in heaven.  Eph. 4:4 What I say I do not consider dogmatically as the last word on any topic.

We cannot be at peace with God outside our Lord Jesus. Romans 5:1 This has opened the door to have an intimate relationship with Him the only true God. John 17:3

I thought it would be valuable to state some of my understanding so you could get a better picture the "bridge the gap."

Thanks for asking and reading

Larry

@zlarry123

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am a scientist and engineer.  I am semi-retired and have a consulting business I run from my home in industrial automation, robotics and artificial intelligence.  I am also a High Priest in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  When I first went to work following my formal education; I worked as a civilian contract consultant for the Defense department.  I study archaeology (ancient societies) as a hobby (amateur) and was a friend of the late Dr. Norton and his wife.  Dr. Norton was the former head of archaeology at Harvard and was not LDS.

I would agree with you that the Traditional Christian theology is incapable of dealing with concepts like “before” time and this incapability (along with a great many others) has created a major division between the scientific community and fundamental Traditional Christian communities.

I would suggest to you that G-d has brought about a “restoration” of truth in these last days that has brought about great changes in human understanding in both scientific and religious thought that so pervaded western civilization since the destruction or apostasy of Christianity and empirical (science) knowledge of G-d’s creations during the Dark Ages.  I would be glad to discuss with you how G-d plans (according to prophesy) to restore or gather his covenant (or born again – meaning the beginning of covenant) children of G-d in the last days and that his “gathered” people will be “one”.   We LDS understand this to be the restoration of the Jews in Jerusalem and the establishment of Zion for those of the house of Israel that were scattered among the “gentiles”.

But I would warn you – you may encounter non-Traditional Christian ideas that were lost to humanity with the death of the Apostles and the end of divine enlightenment with authority to speak truth and the divine things of G-s as worthy as the ancients that once spoke with authority but exists today as a scripture remnant.

But I would speak one thought now.  The phrase “In the beginning” has a variant reading (hopefully you know and understand what is meant by a variant reading of ancient scripture) that is “Before G-d first established his covenant with mankind”.  This would suggest that the “beginning” spoken of in Genesis was not the beginning of time but rather the beginning of covenants within an existing society.  If this notion is interesting to you then perhaps we have more we can discuss.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Greeting Traveler

You said

"I would be glad to discuss with you how G-d plans (according to prophesy) to restore or gather his covenant (or born again – meaning the beginning of covenant) children of G-d in the last days and that his “gathered” people will be “one”.   We LDS understand this to be the restoration of the Jews in Jerusalem and the establishment of Zion for those of the house of Israel that were scattered among the “gentiles”.

Certainly I would  be glade to talk about, and welcome, God plan according to prophecy as the Mormon church understand it. 

Regards, Larry

On 11/28/2017 at 1:46 PM, wenglund said:

I believe that the proposed mystery may best be revealed to our understanding by first adequately grasping the nature of man.  zlarry123, do you believe in the dual nature of man--i.e. that each of us is composed of both a spirit and a physical body?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

That specific question is often ask concerning  Jesus Christ as both human and completely God at the same time while on earth. The concept has lead to the trinity doctrine I believe some ware in the fourth century,.  I consider they are in cooperation living a distinct and independent existence of Divine nature  in heaven. Made of the same substance, no different then Adam and Eves children live of the same substance i.e. Human Nature!  I'm not sure if I answer  the question you were looking for.

Regards, Larry

5 minutes ago, zlarry123 said:

That specific question is often ask concerning  Jesus Christ as both human and completely God at the same time while on earth. The concept has lead to the trinity doctrine I believe some ware in the fourth century,.  I consider they are in cooperation living a distinct and independent existence of Divine nature  in heaven. Made of the same substance, no different then Adam and Eves children live of the same substance i.e. Human Nature!  I'm not sure if I answer  the question you were looking for.

Regards, Larry

Let me ask it another way: Do you believe that you, personally, are comprised of a spirit body and a physical body, where your death will entail the temporary separation of your spirit from your physical body, with the physical body resting in the ground and your spirit going to the after-life? I say "temporary" because the resurrection consists of the spirit and physical body being reunited for eternity.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. NKJV

"This verse of Ecclesiastes 12 is part of the chapter’s conclusion. In its entirety, the verse reads, “Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.” Upon death, the human body decomposes into the dust from which it was created and the spirit in man goes back to God."

I believe the following when read will furnish a hold of where I'm going with this. And why the Apostle Paul in context was bringing out the spiritual side of things to a worldly thinking congregation. A reading of the first chapter of 1 Corinthians make that clear.

The spirit blown into Adam was the ability, if willing, to comprehend the things of God. That life given is life indeed, and the only life in truth that counts! The life of God!

BTW that separated us from the animal kingdom

Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the LIFE OF GOD through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: KJV

"The Bible teaches that this spirit in man imparts aspects of the human mind, including self-awareness, intellect, creativity, personality and temperament—everything that enables human accomplishment and knowledge short of true spiritual understanding"

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, BUT THE SPIRIT WHO IS FROM GOD, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, NOT IN WORDS WHICH MAN'S WISDOM TEACHES BUT WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. NKJV

Can you see what I'm getting out my understand we are discussing.

Regards, Larry

On 12/1/2017 at 5:11 PM, zlarry123 said:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. NKJV

"This verse of Ecclesiastes 12 is part of the chapter’s conclusion. In its entirety, the verse reads, “Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.” Upon death, the human body decomposes into the dust from which it was created and the spirit in man goes back to God."

I believe the following when read will furnish a hold of where I'm going with this. And why the Apostle Paul in context was bringing out the spiritual side of things to a worldly thinking congregation. A reading of the first chapter of 1 Corinthians make that clear.

The spirit blown into Adam was the ability, if willing, to comprehend the things of God. That life given is life indeed, and the only life in truth that counts! The life of God!

BTW that separated us from the animal kingdom

Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the LIFE OF GOD through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: KJV

"The Bible teaches that this spirit in man imparts aspects of the human mind, including self-awareness, intellect, creativity, personality and temperament—everything that enables human accomplishment and knowledge short of true spiritual understanding"

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, BUT THE SPIRIT WHO IS FROM GOD, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, NOT IN WORDS WHICH MAN'S WISDOM TEACHES BUT WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. NKJV

Can you see what I'm getting out my understand we are discussing.

Regards, Larry

I am starting to understand you a little better. However, for purposes of clarification, to your way of thinking, what becomes of the spirit-imparted aspects of the human mind upon death? In other words, when you die, what will happen to your personal self-awareness, intellect, creativity, personality and temperament? Does it cease to exist, or does it live on? If it lives on, then does it live on in bodily form (i.e. as a spirit personage), or otherwise? Asked another way, is there something of each individual that survives beyond the grave? What is it of each us that will be judged and will reside in either heaven or hell? What is the "soul?"

In Heb 12:23, what is meant by the "spirits of just men made perfect?" And, how do you account for these biblical passages:

Do you see what I am getting at?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

On 11/26/2017 at 7:09 PM, zlarry123 said:

Interestingly I believe the book of Mormons doesn't mention or even touch the concept. 

Regards, Larry

Do you mean this concept?

Mosiah 5:7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.

Mosiah 27:24 For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit.

25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters

Ether 4:13 And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.

14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

Just to name a few from the Book of Mormon.

I am starting to understand you a little better. However, for purposes of clarification, to your way of thinking, what becomes of the spirit-imparted aspects of the human mind upon death? In other words, when you die, what will happen to your personal self-awareness, intellect, creativity, personality and temperament? Does it cease to exist, or does it live on? If it lives on, then does it live on in bodily form (i.e. as a spirit personage), or otherwise? Asked another way, is there something of each individual that survives beyond the grave? What is it of each us that will be judged and will reside in either heaven or hell? What is the "soul?"

The main point we know each others belief to some extent before posting, Thanks for reorganization you point for clarity in reference to mine. Good stuff, great questions, thanks for asking, 

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: KJV

Question A ...WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PERSONAL SELF-AWARENESS, INTELLECT, CREATIVITY, PERSONALITY AND TEMPERAMENT?

Question B....WHAT BECOMES OF THE SPIRIT-IMPARTED ASPECTS OF THE HUMAN MIND UPON DEATH?

C .......If it lives on, then does it live on in bodily form (i.e. as a spirit personage), or otherwise?

1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. NIV

2 Corinthians 5 (CEV) Our bodies are like tents that we live in here on earth. But when these tents are destroyed, we know that God will give each of us a place to live. These homes will not be buildings that someone has made, but they are in heaven and will last forever. 2 While we are here on earth, we sigh because WE WANT TO LIVE IN THAT HEAVENLY HOME. 3 We want to put it on like clothes and not be naked. (CEV) 

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body , it is raised a spiritual body . There is a NATURAL BODY , and there is a SPIRITUAL BODY .NKJV

WHAT IS THE "SOUL

Numbers 31:28 And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one SOUL of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: KJV

1 Corinthians 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh : but there is one kind of FLESH OF MEN, another FLESH OF BEASTS, another of fishes, and another of birds. KJV

Question .... WHAT IS IT OF EACH US THAT WILL BE JUDGED AND WILL RESIDE IN EITHER HEAVEN OR HELL?

A.....Who we are in the eyes if God!

B......BTW I don't view the word hell as mainstream Christianity.

Your thoughts

Regards, Larry

Question   And, how do you account for these biblical passages:

I believe since the word "spirit of all flesh" is used it's suggesting we were once angel's in another life prior to the tent we now live in.

However I think the word spirit in its original form will not account for it.

God of the spirits of all flesh, Num. 16:22 

Numbers 16:22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation? KJV

SPIRIT IN THE VERSE AND IT'S MEANING ACCORDING TO HEBREW AND GREEK

Spirit

OT:7307 ruwach (roo'-akh); from OT:7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):

KJV - air, anger, blast, breath, cool, courage, mind, quarter, side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest, vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).

New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary.

Traveler

But I would warn you – you may encounter non-Traditional Christian ideas that were lost to humanity with the death of the Apostles and the end of divine enlightenment with authority to speak truth and the divine things of G-s as worthy as the ancients that once spoke with authority but exists today as a scripture remnant.

Let's do it! There is no question every bible has it flaws, produced by bias authors. However I see the Gospel intact prior to the 18th century to learn about the Nature of Christ and our Heavenly Father. The bible has brought millions to the hope of salvation through Christ. Where in the scripture are those incompatibilities. And are those believers before the 18th century dead ducks in the eye of God with the extended knowledge.

Did Joseph Smith have that knowledge and hope prior to His finding from the KJV. And why was he looking for the right church if he had it.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMETH NOT WITH OBSERVATION

On 12/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, zlarry123 said:

The main point we know each others belief to some extent before posting, Thanks for reorganization you point for clarity in reference to mine. Good stuff, great questions, thanks for asking, 

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: KJV

Question A ...WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PERSONAL SELF-AWARENESS, INTELLECT, CREATIVITY, PERSONALITY AND TEMPERAMENT?

Question B....WHAT BECOMES OF THE SPIRIT-IMPARTED ASPECTS OF THE HUMAN MIND UPON DEATH?

C .......If it lives on, then does it live on in bodily form (i.e. as a spirit personage), or otherwise?

1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. NIV

2 Corinthians 5 (CEV) Our bodies are like tents that we live in here on earth. But when these tents are destroyed, we know that God will give each of us a place to live. These homes will not be buildings that someone has made, but they are in heaven and will last forever. 2 While we are here on earth, we sigh because WE WANT TO LIVE IN THAT HEAVENLY HOME. 3 We want to put it on like clothes and not be naked. (CEV) 

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body , it is raised a spiritual body . There is a NATURAL BODY , and there is a SPIRITUAL BODY .NKJV

WHAT IS THE "SOUL

Numbers 31:28 And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one SOUL of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: KJV

1 Corinthians 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh : but there is one kind of FLESH OF MEN, another FLESH OF BEASTS, another of fishes, and another of birds. KJV

Question .... WHAT IS IT OF EACH US THAT WILL BE JUDGED AND WILL RESIDE IN EITHER HEAVEN OR HELL?

A.....Who we are in the eyes if God!

B......BTW I don't view the word hell as mainstream Christianity.

Your thoughts

Regards, Larry

I am in the process of thinking your answers through, but I thought I would add a new wrinkle into the mix. There is a common phrase used in the KJV Bible that relates to the questions I asked. It is: "....gave up the Ghost."  This phrase is used mostly in the Old Testament, but it is also used in reference to Christ's death in Mark 15:37,39.

Linguist, Andrew Siviter, defines the phrase, "give up the ghost," as follows: 

t means to die.

The most common use is in the King James version of the bible, where it is used about Jesus dying on the cross. The word ghost back them was used how we use the word spirit now. Hence the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are the same thing.

It was, and still is, believed by some, that when a person dies, their being continues to exist in a new form, called a spirit or soul, but in older English also called a ghost.

Do ghosts have bodies? Did Christ's spirit have a body? Does the Holy Ghost have a spirit body? I think it does.

As for the meaning of "ruwach," I think it refers to the invisible nature of spirit (spirits, like the wind, may be felt but not seen), and not lack of form or body.

Something to think about.