who will suffer the most

askandanswer

Who will be subject to the most severe consequences: the religious leaders in Jerusalem who were responsible for the crucifixion of someone who they regarded as a threat to God’s true religion and to the political stability of their nation; or the mob in Carthage responsible for the death of someone who they thought was a threat to their religion, their way of life and their political stability? Or the ordinary guy who kills another ordinary guy? Or will they all suffer the consequences to the same extent and all be punished to the same degree? 

1 hour ago, askandanswer said:

Who will be subject to the most severe consequences: the religious leaders in Jerusalem who were responsible for the crucifixion of someone who they regarded as a threat to God’s true religion and to the political stability of their nation; or the mob in Carthage responsible for the death of someone who they thought was a threat to their religion, their way of life and their political stability? Or the ordinary guy who kills another ordinary guy? Or will they all suffer the consequences to the same extent and all be punished to the same degree? 

I think they will suffer according to the hate and understanding they had in them, not so much according to the person they killed.

3 hours ago, askandanswer said:

So i have heard - from many accounts of NDEs - that when you die, you review your life.  You experience every interaction you ever had - see all the impacts you had on others - directly or indirectly.  But you don't just re-experience things from your perspective - you experience it from the perspective of everyone else also.  So when you said a mean word, you experience how those words made another person feel.

My guess is that the "punishment" will be us having to feel what we made others feel.  So the person who caused the most pain will, i guess, feel the most pain.  But it won't be a punishment - it will just be something that the person experiences so they learn from it and do better.  i've also heard people say that nothing is judging them at all - and that all judgment is withheld, aside from the judgment they make of themselves.  

Obviously, this is not anything close to the theology of TCOJCOLDS, but a similar idea has been recalled by thousands of people who've had a near death experience.  

If i had to place things in hierarchy, i'd say that the religious leaders of Jesus' time were way more culpable than the people who killed Joseph.  There were a lot of extenuating circumstances around Joseph Smith's death one that are not part of the prevailing narrative of the history of TCOJCOLDS.  Bushman's Rough Stone Rolling is one very interesting read.  Don't mistake though - this is in no way justifying though what happened in Carthage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 7:11 AM, askandanswer said:

Who will be subject to the most severe consequences: the religious leaders in Jerusalem who were responsible for the crucifixion of someone who they regarded as a threat to God’s true religion and to the political stability of their nation; or the mob in Carthage responsible for the death of someone who they thought was a threat to their religion, their way of life and their political stability? 

Were religious people involved in the mob at Carthage?  If yes, who were they and why were they angry enough to kill Joseph?

Thanks,
Jim

On 10/6/2018 at 6:00 AM, Fether said:

I think they will suffer according to the hate and understanding they had in them, not so much according to the person they killed.

The Jews were given a clear choice as to whom to forgive. And they forgave a murderer.   That’s heavy. 

The Carthage mob was largely ignorant IMHO. Of course, some acted with knowledge, but I perceive a distinct difference. 

4 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

The Jews were given a clear choice as to whom to forgive. And they forgave a murderer.   That’s heavy. 

The Carthage mob was largely ignorant IMHO. Of course, some acted with knowledge, but I perceive a distinct difference. 

Both mobs knew only what they had been told by a few disaffected, dishonest members of an inner circle who should have known better. And those inner circle members made both Joseph Smith and Yeshua-bin-Yusuf appear to be a grave threat to the political order that kept the peace.