More "restoration" to come

Guest LiterateParakeet
12 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

On a more serious note....

We have already been involved with the Gathering of Israel.  We have members of almost (if not all) every tribe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today.  Almost all that I've been made aware of are from European descent.  If we use logic from that idea, that would indicate that the North Countries would be those that were North of where Israel and it's surrounding nations were. 

We do not have great numbers of any tribe in relation to the rest of the world's population, and in relation to those who are members of Ephraim, Manasseh, and Judah, the numbers of the other tribes are still minimal in comparison.  I've still met several that (at least they claimed to me) to be from tribes other than the big three that we normally hear of.

Sis Nelson has spoken of this too.  I wish I could tell you what the talk was called, but my husband was watching it and I was just walking through the room.  :)  

Thanks for your post--Northern countries...I never realized that.  Sheesh, I feel silly now, LOL!  :)  

20 hours ago, Vort said:

Also, all that mathematical stuff about the environment inside a hollow shell being weightless is just not true.

Well...it might be...but....centrifugal force and all that. (er...Centripetal?)

Edited by The Folk Prophet

On 10/31/2018 at 12:16 PM, The Folk Prophet said:

There is much more to come. … Wait till next year. And then the next year. Eat your vitamin pills. Get your rest. It's going to be exciting.

The way some people use quotes, I'm surprised no one has used this to say that Pres Nelson has revealed that the WoW now includes having to take vitamin pills to qualify for a temple recommend.

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

As per our D&C, the ice shall flow down and in the middle of the great deep (the ocean) a highway shall be cast up and they shall return. Access to the inner earth (north countries) is through the polar opening, under the ice cap.

Melting Arctic ice opens new route from Europe to east Asia

A Danish ship has successfully completed a trial voyage through the Russian Arctic

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/28/melting-arctic-ice-opens-new-route-from-europe-to-east-asia

Guest LiterateParakeet

@JohnsonJones  I found it!  Here is Sister Nelson talking about the Gathering of the Twelve Tribes:

"I also learned that these are truly the latter days. When I was a little girl attending Primary in Raymond, Alberta, Canada, I was taught that in the last days before the Second Coming of the Savior, the 12 tribes of Israel would be gathered.

On June 15, 2013, my husband and I woke up in Moscow, Russia, and ended the day in Yeravan, Armenia. That morning, I was privileged to gather with our wonderful Russian sisters for a sisters’ meeting. When I asked our sisters to stand as the name of the tribe of Israel as declared in their patriarchal blessing was announced, we were all surprised and overwhelmed to realize that 11 of the 12 tribes of Israel were represented in that little gathering of less than 100 women!

All but Levi were present. But later that day in Armenia, my husband and I met a young missionary who was from the tribe of Levi. (He happened to be from Gilbert, Arizona!)

So, just think of that! Within one 24-hour period of time, I was with children from all of the 12 tribes of Israel. I couldn’t believe it then, and I still can’t get over it yet!

http://www.ldsliving.com/Just-Asking-Sister-Wendy-Watson-Nelson/s/81238

2 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

@JohnsonJones  I found it!  Here is Sister Nelson talking about the Gathering of the Twelve Tribes:

The opening of Russia (or China for that matter) may be the key to the fulfilment of the prophecy.  I believe (based on what I've read over the years) that the gathering is three-fold.

1. The Church is gathering those of the House of Joseph.  Most of the members of the Church today are of Ephraim and Manasseh.  Yes, there are some few from every tribe that have been discovered through both mortal (genealogy) and revelatory means (patriarchal blessings).  But this is currently insufficient to consider it a "gathering" of those tribes.  Even so, we are still considered a "lost" tribe because we have not gathered in our place of inheritance. (see statement on lands of inheritance below)

Our present gathering is primarily spiritual, not geographic. Christ declared that in the latter-days He would “establish [His] church,” “establish [His] people,” and “establish … among them [His] Zion” (3 Nephi 21:22; 3 Nephi 20:21; 3 Nephi 21:1). As He establishes His Church in our day, people can be taught the gospel and be “brought to the knowledge of the Lord their God” (3 Nephi 20:13) without leaving their homes. In contrast to the pronouncements during the early days of the restored Church, our leaders have decreed that now the gathering should take place within each land and among every tongue. Our need to be physically near large numbers of Saints is less than it was a century ago because Church magazines and satellite transmissions bridge distance and time, creating a sense of oneness throughout the entire Church. All have access to the same keys, ordinances, doctrine, and spiritual gifts.

--  Douglas L. Callister, “Book of Mormon Principles: The Gathering of the Lord’s Faithful,” Ensign, Oct 2004, 58–59.

2. The tribe of Judah has gathered in Israel.  Yes, every tribe (I believe) has some representation in Israel.  But they are largely Judah (which includes Benjamin).

Judah must return, Jerusalem must be rebuilt, and the temple, and water come out from under the temple, and the waters of the Dead Sea be healed. It will take some time to rebuild the walls of the city and the temple, etc., and all this must be done before the Son of Man will make His appearance.

--  Joseph Smith, Documentary History of the Church, vol. 5, p. 337.

3. The rest of the lost tribes (we are considered one/two of them) will gather in some other way.  And it seems it will be a very visible event that will clearly be a "gathering" and movement to the lands of their inheritance.

There is something mysterious and fascinating about believing the Ten Tribes are behind an iceberg somewhere in the land of the north, or that they are on some distant planet that will one day join itself with the earth, or that the tribe of Dan is in Denmark the tribe of Reuben in Russia, and so forth. A common cliche asserts: "If we knew where the Lost Tribes were, they would not be lost." True it is that they are lost from the knowledge of the world; they are not seen and recognized as the kingdom they once were; but in general terms, their whereabouts is known. They are scattered in all the nations of the earth, primarily in the nations north of the lands of their first inheritance.

-- Bruce R. McConkie (A New Witness for the Articles of Faith, Pg.520)

The "lands of their inheritance" is often thought of as the lands in Israel.  But another gathering will be in Jackson County.  I believe this will be primarily of the sons of Joseph.  But it may well be for those of the other lost tribes.

And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a bland of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy

-- D&C 45:66-71

From the above, it is apparent to me that the gathering is not official until we build twin temples in lands where we are currently outcast from.  Even with political and monetary power of both Jews and Latter-day Saints, we are denied the right to build a temple in our respective Jerusalems.  Is it possible that to complete the "gathering", the others of the twelve tribes will need to build a temple in their respective Jerusalems as well?

Is it any wonder why there were so many "oohs" and "aahs" when a temple in Russia was announced?  What if one were announced in China?

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Carborendum said:

The opening of Russia (or China for that matter) may be the key to the fulfilment of the prophecy.  I believe (based on what I've read over the years) that the gathering is three-fold.

1. The Church is gathering those of the House of Joseph.  Most of the members of the Church today are of Ephraim and Manasseh.  Yes, there are some few from every tribe that have been discovered through both mortal (genealogy) and revelatory means (patriarchal blessings).  But this is currently insufficient to consider it a "gathering" of those tribes.  Even so, we are still considered a "lost" tribe because we have not gathered in our place of inheritance. (see statement on lands of inheritance below)

2. The tribe of Judah has gathered in Israel.  Yes, every tribe (I believe) has some representation in Israel.  But they are largely Judah (which includes Benjamin).

3. The rest of the lost tribes (we are considered one/two of them) will gather in some other way.  And it seems it will be a very visible event that will clearly be a "gathering" and movement to the lands of their inheritance.

The "lands of their inheritance" is often thought of as the lands in Israel.  But another gathering will be in Jackson County.  I believe this will be primarily of the sons of Joseph.  But it may well be for those of the other lost tribes.

From the above, it is apparent to me that the gathering is not official until we build twin temples in lands where we are currently outcast from.  Even with political and monetary power of both Jews and Latter-day Saints, we are denied the right to build a temple in our respective Jerusalems.  Is it possible that to complete the "gathering", the others of the twelve tribes will need to build a temple in their respective Jerusalems as well?

Is it any wonder why there were so many "oohs" and "aahs" when a temple in Russia was announced?  What if one were announced in China?

Some thoughts.

It is interesting to me that anciently there were two great cities associated with temples.  One was called the City of Enoch and as near as we can tell was located in Missouri - Perhaps in Independence?  The other was the city of Salem that had a king named Melchizedek.   This is believe to be the very sight of the city we know of now as Jerusalem.  I suggest that these two cities were translated and will return to assist Christ.  Meaning that the temples of Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem may already be build and will return with these translated cities.

One thing you may have missed - there already is a temple in China.

The Traveler 

7 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

Of interest, and why the ten lost tribes are separate from the four corners of the world, is that they, at present, have their own scriptures and prophets.

The term "lost" would indicate that it is not likely that they know that much of who they are - which would indicate that currently they do not have prophets.  I am interested in why you think there are current scriptures and prophets.

The Traveler

22 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Some thoughts.

It is interesting to me that anciently there were two great cities associated with temples.  One was called the City of Enoch and as near as we can tell was located in Missouri - Perhaps in Independence?  The other was the city of Salem that had a king named Melchizedek.   This is believe to be the very sight of the city we know of now as Jerusalem.  I suggest that these two cities were translated and will return to assist Christ.  Meaning that the temples of Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem may already be build and will return with these translated cities.

I had not considered that.  And to tell you the truth, I can't think of a reason off hand to disbelieve it.  That is interesting.

22 minutes ago, Traveler said:

One thing you may have missed - there already is a temple in China.

Apart from the Hong Kong Temple, I was not aware of any.  However, Hong Kong is still considered (by China, who now has full jurisdiction over it) an "open area" where international interests can come and do business.  China saw that there would be economic advantages to keeping this aspect of Hong Kong after the lease with the British came up.

For that reason, I don't consider it the same thing because it isn't really open to most of China.

Am I incorrect about any of these claims?

56 minutes ago, Traveler said:

The term "lost" would indicate that it is not likely that they know that much of who they are - which would indicate that currently they do not have prophets.  I am interested in why you think there are current scriptures and prophets.

The Traveler

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence. (D&C 133:26)

30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants. (D&C 133:30)

13 And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews. (2Nephi 29:13)

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I had not considered that.  And to tell you the truth, I can't think of a reason off hand to disbelieve it.  That is interesting.

Apart from the Hong Kong Temple, I was not aware of any.  However, Hong Kong is still considered (by China, who now has full jurisdiction over it) an "open area" where international interests can come and do business.  China saw that there would be economic advantages to keeping this aspect of Hong Kong after the lease with the British came up.

For that reason, I don't consider it the same thing because it isn't really open to most of China.

Am I incorrect about any of these claims?

I do not think you are base - but the church has long had a good relationship with China.  President Nelson speaks the language.  There is a reason that China does not have a good relationship with Christianity because of the 100 years of shame and the involvement traditional Christians with that and the opiate trade.

The Traveler 

I do not think you are base - but the church has long had a good relationship with China.  President Nelson speaks the language.  There is a reason that China does not have a good relationship with Christianity because of the 100 years of shame and the involvement traditional Christians with that and the opiate trade.

From my own travels in China and from my experiences of speaking with the Chinese people, a lot of people in China view the monotheistic religions such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to be overly violent.  They view their own country at this time (not historically, but now) to be at peace.   The ones I met and talked to love American culture and freedoms, but some view us as a violent nation.

Of course, that has just been my own experience of talking to a few people out of a country with a population of about 1.4 billion.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, Rob Osborn said:

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence. (D&C 133:26)

30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants. (D&C 133:30)

13 And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews. (2Nephi 29:13)

Thank you for your contribution.   In your first quite from D&C 133 - note that there will be a "remembrance".  This would indicate a forgetting which corresponds to the doctrine of the Great Apostasy and the need for a restoration.  In addition Isaiah indicates the Israel will be scattered among gentile nations of the earth and that the restoration will initiate a "gathering".  I will be honest - I am not sure what it means to "smite the rocks" and "ice shall flow down".  I would be glad to consider any insight.

I am quite sure that "their rich treasures" refers to their scripture records and spiritual contribution - I am very sure that this (and the next prophesy you quote) have not been fulfilled and it is my thought that at present. the aggregate of their prophets are not done (or complete) hearing his voice  - yet.  At least hearing and remembering in the manner or extent the prophesy suggests.  This is of interest to me because I am of viking (Danish) decent - which at one time ruled all of the northern area surrounding the Baltic Sea.  There are scholars that indicate that the term "Saxon" has a possible translation through the old Runis would be "Jacob sons".  

As a side note - President Packer was also of Viking decent so it is possible that such prophesy is being fulfilled but has yet to be completed.  But this is obviously a lot of speculation on my part - I only offer these thought as a possible interpretation.  

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Thank you for your contribution.   In your first quite from D&C 133 - note that there will be a "remembrance".  This would indicate a forgetting which corresponds to the doctrine of the Great Apostasy and the need for a restoration.  In addition Isaiah indicates the Israel will be scattered among gentile nations of the earth and that the restoration will initiate a "gathering".  I will be honest - I am not sure what it means to "smite the rocks" and "ice shall flow down".  I would be glad to consider any insight.

I am quite sure that "their rich treasures" refers to their scripture records and spiritual contribution - I am very sure that this (and the next prophesy you quote) have not been fulfilled and it is my thought that at present. the aggregate of their prophets are not done (or complete) hearing his voice  - yet.  At least hearing and remembering in the manner or extent the prophesy suggests.  This is of interest to me because I am of viking (Danish) decent - which at one time ruled all of the northern area surrounding the Baltic Sea.  There are scholars that indicate that the term "Saxon" has a possible translation through the old Runis would be "Jacob sons".  

As a side note - President Packer was also of Viking decent so it is possible that such prophesy is being fulfilled but has yet to be completed.  But this is obviously a lot of speculation on my part - I only offer these thought as a possible interpretation.  

The Traveler

I am sure they are a completely separate group. In D&C 110 it reads-

11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.

It speaks of two geographic locations. They are 1. The four parts of the earth. This is where parts of all tribes have been scatteted on the earth. This is all of the exterior topography of the earth. And 2. The land of the north. This is where the lost tribes were led. They are called lost rather than scatteted because their entire body is not found among the scattered tribes. They and their whereabouts are completely and entirely lost to us.

There is no doubt in my mind that the ice flowing down is a physical reference to the North Pole ice caps. The highway springing up in the midst of the great deep goes along with this in that out of the ocean, or from under it will come the lost tribes.