Bumper Stickers

let’s roll

I’ve never put one on my car.  I guess since I don’t like labels, I balk at something I’ve thought encourages them.  Some strange need to have to clearly set out my worldview in 15 characters or less and knowing that’s impossible.

But I’m open to change.  Suggestions for a bumper sticker so compelling, witty, or poignant that I’ll feel the urge to immediately go stick it on my bumper?

Guest MormonGator

My first car-an 87 Honda Civic that is hopefully rotting in a junkyard, unable to harm others (I HATED that car) was kept together by my political and band related bumper stickers!

1 minute ago, let’s roll said:

Ah, a kindred spirit.  I always remove the dealer license plate frame. 

Yes, the plate frame, the name thing that looks a lot like the car brand name thing - all of it.  Once I told them I'd rent the space if they wanted to pay me, but the last time, they didn't even protest - I think it's become common.

3 hours ago, let’s roll said:

Suggestions for a bumper sticker so compelling, witty, or poignant that I’ll feel the urge to immediately go stick it on my bumper?

My dad had two bumper stickers on his car.  The first one said "I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody".  The second one mentioned Jane Fonda, and had a swear word on it.  He was a vet.

We had a bumpersticker "DANGER! Unsocialized Homeschoolers on board!"

1 hour ago, mirkwood said:

No stickers.  I have used a license plate cover:  Honk If You Have Warrants.  

I added a blue line flag sticker to my US Flag sticker too.

So when people honk do you just assume they think it’s funny or do you pull them over because you think they’re being honest? 😊👮‍♂️⚖️

7 minutes ago, zil said:

That "You shall not pass!" sticker is growing on me fast.  Who doesn't love Gandolf? :)

Anyone driving faster than you on a one lane road???

Of course, most of them probably are hoping @mirkwood isn't lurking behind the next turn...

Edited by JohnsonJones

7 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Actual photo of@mirkwoods car

Bumper-Stickers-Seattle-Winner.jpg

I've been able to send this image through decryption processing and discovered that the license plate indicates the owner is described as a 12 ft reptile with a fluorescent orange sweater.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I've been able to send this image through decryption processing and discovered that the license plate indicates the owner is described as a 12 ft reptile with a fluorescent orange sweater.

lol! 

I saw a car plastered with bumper stickers like this, and one said "Actions speak louder than bumper stickers." The sense of irony appeared to be lost on the driver. 

Goodness, I do not miss living in the north at all. AT ALL. 

15 hours ago, zil said:

For the record, I would never have a bumper sticker on my car.  I even make the dealer remove his name before I'll buy.

You can do that?  I'll have to make a similar request next time.  What do they do, just paint over it?  A lot of them are pre-stamped or the logos are even drilled into the body before they set them on the lot. Or are you just buying direct from the factory through the dealer?