Who Would You Telephone?

onyx

Guest DolphinGirl

Aww, shucks! :wub:

I would love to talk to all of you too!!!

:grouphug:

Most definitely it would be CHECKERS (What is the price of tea in China?), HANNE (although I wouldn't understand her Norwegian), TJ (he's cool and i know it), HERBIE/LBY(throws the coolest parties), SIOUXZ(she's fun!) and SMILEYONE (who, well, makes me smiley).

I call Bob Dylan and ask when he's coming to my local pub for one of his more 'intimate' concerts, that I know he prefers...I'd also ask if he needs a place to stay during his visit, and offer him my home :) lol.

I'd also like to make a 'party line' phone call to lots of people on this site, and ask how we could all arrange to visit each other...I used to use Skype, that was a cheap way of talking to my contacts from abroad.

Hmmm, perhaps either Woody Allen or the Dalai Lama. I would however insist on reversing the charges on a call to Tibet.

:lol:

The Chinese have driven the Dalai Lama from Tibet – and not in a very polite manner I should add. However he has stopped by Salt Lake City a number of times - few know this but the only Zen Buddhist Master outside of Japan lives and teaches in Salt Lake City and is a personal friend of the Dalai Lama.

The Traveler

<div class='quotemain'>

Hmmm, perhaps either Woody Allen or the Dalai Lama. I would however insist on reversing the charges on a call to Tibet.

:lol:

The Chinese have driven the Dalai Lama from Tibet – and not in a very polite manner I should add. However he has stopped by Salt Lake City a number of times - few know this but the only Zen Buddhist Master outside of Japan lives and teaches in Salt Lake City and is a personal friend of the Dalai Lama.

The Traveler

The Dalai Lama spoke at Utah Valley State College a few years back too. Although a world traveler, his official residence is in Northern India. I believe his personal Buddhist tradition springs from Mahayana - where they practice the "big boat" Buddhism of helping others achieve enlightenment.

Yes, I definitely want to phone him.

Actually, I would like a dinner party - at the Roof Restaurant of the Joseph Smith Building - that had the Dalai Lama, Woody Allen, a living Kurt Vonnegut, Gordon B. Hinckley, Scarlett Johanssen and our own Elphaba as dinner guests.

Wouldn't that be fun? :wow::wow::wow:

<div class='quotemain'>Actually, I would like a dinner party - at the Roof Restaurant of the Joseph Smith Building, . . . Scarlett Johanssen and our own Elphaba as dinner guests.

Wouldn't that be fun? :wow::wow::wow:

Sounds heavenly.

Just one thing. If you get Scarlett Johanssen, I get Johnny Depp. :P

Elphaba

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!