Identifying as an Animal is now the new thing

Carborendum

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/18/pupil-teacher-despicable-identifying-cat-transgender/

People said this was ridiculous only a year ago.  "Oh that would never happen.  That's just a slippery slope fallacy.  You're over-reacting."

It's happening.

I had mentioned that people are going to "identify" as a minor so they can commit pedophilia.  But, oh, that would never happen.  I'm just over-reacting.  Slippery slope fallacy...

Uh-huh.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/18/pupil-teacher-despicable-identifying-cat-transgender/

People said this was ridiculous only a year ago.  "Oh that would never happen.  That's just a slippery slope fallacy.  You're over-reacting."

It's happening.

I had mentioned that people are going to "identify" as a minor so they can commit pedophilia.  But, oh, that would never happen.  I'm just over-reacting.  Slippery slope fallacy...

Uh-huh.

I currently work for a health insurance company, and we have had people who identify as animals try and get us to cover all kinds of cosmetic procedures stating that it is a form of affirmation surgery (which we also do not cover).

One girl who used to be in our ward doesn't fully identify as a cat, but her parents lament because she likes to dress up as one and attend animal parties where food bowls and "litter boxes" are used...disgusting. (seriously)

And I have said the same thing about the sicko pedos for about 2 years. The pedophilia acceptance and promotion is here now...most folks just don't realize it.

5 hours ago, Carborendum said:

It's happening.

Uh-huh.

It's been going on for a while now (at least a decade, if not more), but the larger LGBT movement has been hijacked to forcibly incorporate these individuals.

50 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

It's been going on for a while now (at least a decade, if not more), but the larger LGBT movement has been hijacked to forcibly incorporate these individuals.

That's kind of like saying, "The larger Mafia has been hijacked to forcibly incorporate al Qaeda."

I've seen a few things happen in the alphabet community.   Some of the LGB end of things have started speaking out against the more militant activist TQ+ end of things.  They're growing in awareness that the recent trans acceptance stuff, is preying on plain old lesbians and gays.  If you are a girl who hates being a girl or a boy who hates being a boy, the current push is to accept your trans identity and seek gender-affirming medical care like puberty blockers and hormone therapy and maybe surgeries.  Folks are getting more and more aware of the reality: Most cases of childhood gender confusion issues resolve themselves by adulthood.  The vast majority of girls/boys who struggle terribly with being girls/boys, aren't trans.  When it doesn't just resolve itself, many of them just grow up to be plain old gays and lesbians.   So in the alphabet community, there's a "save the tomboys" effort, and a "transing gay boys is the new conversion therapy" effort.   Some of the LGB folk are feeling like the trans activists are trying to eliminate L and G from existence.

And yeah, there's always been an effort to destigmatize and normalize pedophilia.  But in the last 5-6 years, those efforts have increased by an order of magnitude.  They're not pedophiles anymore, they're "minor attracted persons".  It's a logical extension of the "love is love, accept everyone for who they are" deal that has been with us for decades.  

My woke progressive buddies are often all about believing and listening to the children, and understanding they have an access to wisdom that we lose as adults.  Most of the meow/meowself type folks are under 18.  A few are mentally ill adults.  The rest are predators.

Guest Godless
3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

I've seen a few things happen in the alphabet community.   Some of the LGB end of things have started speaking out against the more militant activist TQ+ end of things.  They're growing in awareness that the recent trans acceptance stuff, is preying on plain old lesbians and gays.  If you are a girl who hates being a girl or a boy who hates being a boy, the current push is to accept your trans identity and seek gender-affirming medical care like puberty blockers and hormone therapy and maybe surgeries.  Folks are getting more and more aware of the reality: Most cases of childhood gender confusion issues resolve themselves by adulthood.  The vast majority of girls/boys who struggle terribly with being girls/boys, aren't trans.  When it doesn't just resolve itself, many of them just grow up to be plain old gays and lesbians.   So in the alphabet community, there's a "save the tomboys" effort, and a "transing gay boys is the new conversion therapy" effort.   Some of the LGB folk are feeling like the trans activists are trying to eliminate L and G from existence.

The way I see it, LGBTQ norms are evolving. Traditional LGB folks are more accepted now than they've ever been in modern history. Trans people are not. Transgender identity is nothing new. It's been around for as long as there has been a cohesive queer community. I think the relative safety that LGB folks enjoy has contributed to shifting focus to the more marginalized group, the Ts. I think there's merit to the idea that some LGB teens may fool themselves into thinking they're trans. But even then, it's rare that teens under 18 are getting surgical intervention, and genital reassignment surgery in minors is actively discouraged by the experts who shape gender-affirming medical policy.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

And yeah, there's always been an effort to destigmatize and normalize pedophilia.  But in the last 5-6 years, those efforts have increased by an order of magnitude.  They're not pedophiles anymore, they're "minor attracted persons".  It's a logical extension of the "love is love, accept everyone for who they are" deal that has been with us for decades.  

MAPs are not an accepted part of the greater LGBTQ community, and they never will be. I suspect that it's more of a conservative false flag to try to poison the LGBTQ movement. There are some lines that don't get crossed. Remember when Kevin Spacey got accused of sexually assaulting a male minor and he tried to use it as his coming out moment? I think it's safe to say that it didn't play out the way he thought it would. It's a strawman. They're hoping that people will focus on the homosexual aspect of their behavior, not the predatory nature of it. I've seen MAPs brought up quite a bit whenever sexual abuse by religious leaders is mentioned. I guess it's a way for some Christians to rationalize that it's a problem for the LGBTQ community, not the religious community.

14 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

And yeah, there's always been an effort to destigmatize and normalize pedophilia.

15 hours ago, Ironhold said:

It's been going on for a while now (at least a decade, if not more)

I read the rest of both your posts.  But I cringe whenever I hear/read a statement like these.  It tends to have the not so subtle implication "so what's the big deal?"

Have the efforts really increased recently?  I think the efforts have always been there.  But now they are enforced (even forced upon us) by government.

I absolutely understand that in a conglomerate society, we need to make allowances for others who believe differently.  And when you're an adult, we need to allow people to do things to themselves that are very self-destructive.  But when government forces it down our throats and the activists use violence to force things upon us, there is a problem.

Edited by Carborendum

9 hours ago, Godless said:

MAPs are not an accepted part of the greater LGBTQ community, and they never will be. I suspect that it's more of a conservative false flag to try to poison the LGBTQ movement. 

So, when children are encouraged to slip dollar bills into a drag queen's panties, this is just a conservative false flag?  

We're not the ones setting these events up.  We're also not the ones who cancelled such events when they found out that the event would be closed to minors.  We not writing children's books with graphic depictions of sexual parts and sexual acts and putting them in elementary school libraries while removing the Bible because it has "sexual depictions".

We're not the ones encouraging and sometimes forcing teachers to tell elementary school children that they could be trans and if they are just talk to the teachers about it, don't tell your parents because they might not understand.

I'm quite tolerant when grown adults want to FREELY interact with other adults. But when children are involved in such activities, how are we expected to react other than by crying out "GROOMING"?

Edited by Carborendum

10 hours ago, Godless said:

it's rare that teens under 18 are getting surgical intervention, and genital reassignment surgery in minors is actively discouraged by the experts who shape gender-affirming medical policy.

"Rare"?  Ok, worldwide, almost nobody has trans/gender confusion issues.   For those that do, almost none of them get surgical intervention.  For those that do, almost none of them are children.   But another way to say that exact same thing:  The sex reassignment surgery industry is almost $2 billion/year and growing 10% per year, and the number of youth identifying somewhere here is growing as well.  I basically agree with your word 'rare', and I also it is decreasing in frequency, as nations around the world and states in the US are legislating the crap out of things.  

That said, talking about surgeries done on minors is only part of the discussion.  Hormone therapy isn't surgery, and puberty blockers aren't surgery, and both can turn kids into lifelong medical patients with lifelong chronic health problems.  Social winds pushing the notion that a child's whim is reality, and must be affirmed and supported, certainly continue to blow with hurricane force in some places.  There's still no shortage of high, middle, and elementary schools in the US, as well as many public and private organizations, willing to help minors transition in appearance.  There's still a regular flow of anecdotes where one of these places has a policy of "we'll help you hide this stuff from your parents." 

Do we remember the recent story about Target selling binders and packing underwear in children's sizes?  Despite the pushback, as of this morning Target continues to sell stuff in x small size.   They've taken down some of their photos of young-appearing clothing models, which is nice, I guess.  https://www.target.com/p/tomboyx-compression-top-full-coverage-medium-support-top/-/A-88179388?preselect=88482969#lnk=sametab

image.thumb.png.cf590b72c44eaea7a355713e06832e47.png

(Source on the size of the market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-sex-reassignment-surgery-market )

10 hours ago, Godless said:

genital reassignment surgery in minors is actively discouraged by the experts who shape gender-affirming medical policy

I hope you are right. I have grave concerns about teens/children making such a serious decision. Adults? Knock yourself out, it’s a free country. Kids? I am so, so uncomfortable with that. 

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I read the rest of both your posts.  But I cringe whenever I hear/read a statement like these.  It tends to have the not so subtle implication "so what's the big deal?"

Have the efforts really increased recently?  I think the efforts have always been there.  But now they are enforced (even forced upon us) by government.

I absolutely understand that in a conglomerate society, we need to make allowances for others who believe differently.  And when you're an adult, we need to allow people to do things to themselves that are very self-destructive.  But when government forces it down our throats and the activists use violence to force things upon us, there is a problem.

What we're saying is "This isn't new; it's been going on for some time now, with the media only just now feeling bold enough to make it all public." 

Remember, we've been fighting wars that the larger world is ignorant of. What you're seeing is what we've spent years, if not decades, trying to stand against. 

16 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

The “larger world” has been aware of it for decades. The culture wars have been fought for decades. 

Considering how much I've had to explain to my 65-year-old mother...

10 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Considering how much I've had to explain to my 65-year-old mother...

That’s fine in your case, but believe me, the rest of the world has been very aware of the social-cultural wars for a very long time.

Because you bought up family, let me tell you my experiences. It was extremely common for the four of us (dad, mom, sister, me) to have in depth, passionate discussions about abortion, gay rights, etc weekly and sometimes even daily while growing up. To be fair, many issues were discussed and both my father and I are huge news junkies. Mom and sister are too to smaller degrees. 

This was in the early 90’s. 

Edited by LDSGator

1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

The “larger world” has been aware of it for decades. The culture wars have been fought since the late 70’s. 

As someone who was in mid-teens by the late '70s, my perspective is that few people actually believed that the lunatics could possibly ever constitute a serious threat. Sure, there were child molestors and rapists and groomers of little boys and female teachers who "turned boys into men", but scumbags have always existed. Just a tiny minority of people. The price of freedom is eternal, unending vigilance. We did not pay that price, because for many of us (and not just high schoolers), the 2023 reality was literally unthinkable back then.

23 hours ago, Godless said:

The way I see it, LGBTQ norms are evolving.

. . . . 

MAPs are not an accepted part of the greater LGBTQ community, and they never will be.  [Emphasis added]

On what basis do you reconcile these two statements?

When every other previously-universal “moral” value is up for negotiation, why not that one?

I don’t want to fall into the trap/cliché of arguing that anyone who advocates for LGBTQ rights is a closet pedophile (although recent-ish events in Virginia do lend themselves to the concern that a significant and powerful minority of LGBTQ advocates may indeed believe that self-proclaimed transgender youth should be granted droit du signeur over cisgender minor girls).  But, I do think it’s fair to ask:  having thoroughly eviscerated the framework on which the former set of sexual norms were based, what new framework are LGBTQ advocates proposing we follow?  And if they aren’t proposing a new framework, then why shouldn’t the pedophiles get their way?  

Edited by Just_A_Guy

For the 3 decades I've been paying attention, our alphabet friends have always been firm that underage stuff is wrong, they stand against it, stop accusing them of engaging and supporting it. Pretty dang consistently, across a good full 3 decades. There are always tiny factions of extreme others, that's true in any demographic. But I took comfort for 30 years that every member of the community and all their allies that I knew, either personally or online, were all united in drawing this firm line.

Then covid hit, and now every week I hear a new news story, see a new video involving explicit drag performances in schools, billed as a healthy aspect of celebrating LGBTQ+ folks. Three times as many news stories and videos here for pride month. I mean explicit. I've seen drag folks happily twerking away in front of middle and high schoolers, at school presentations. I've seen elementary school kids being taught by their parents how to stick dollar bills into the g strings. I've seen more than one video including minors in the explicit dancing. I've seen many news stories and videos where minors are the performers doing the explicit dancing. The narrative has subtly changed. We hear "we have to provide gender affirming care for our children so they don't unalive themselves", and with it comes in accompanying statement “we have to expose our children to this, so that they can learn to be tolerant and inclusive and accepting of diversity, and if you don’t like it, you are an intolerant bigot.“   Question it, and all I've heard in response are arguments about evil republican fascists banning books and trying to eradicate children.

So yeah, it's a valid question. For everyone out there who has experienced a similar track record of hearing "LGBTQ folks stand against pedophilia", have you heard it post-covid? It's time to ask the folks, and give them a chance to renew their answer in the face of growing change.

in 2020, I was pressured from every direction conceivable to talk openly about how I believed black folk had value and deserved equal protection under the law and all of that. My answers were viewed skeptically and hostilely from people who often did not believe me. Well, now it’s my turn. Go find someone on the left, any liberal, any Democrat, and ask them flat out - what are your thoughts on exposing minors to sexually explicit situations and events and people?

Then come back and let us know what you hear.

Edited by NeuroTypical