Finnished the Book of Mormon

Last night I read the last three chapters of Moroni and finished the

Book of Mormon for the first time. I started out in December reading it

online on lds.org and switched over to reading the book after I got a copy

from the missionaries in February. I think I was about to start Alma when

I got a copy from the missionaries.

Wow, I love every chapter in the BoM. I love so many of the prophets.

I am so grateful for Nephi and his father Lehie. My heroes are Abinidi and

the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. My hero is Alma, so evil, he changed, and then so much love trying to bring people onto the Lord and Heavenly Father.

After reading this book, I know - Justice must be served. Some one must pay for our sins. Either us (and we will not return to our Heavenly Father) or Jesus. There is only one road back to our Heavenly Father - thru Jesus.

Pray, repent, be baptized, FAITH, HOPE, AND CHARITY. We must exercise all those words in our life.

What a book Alma is. It felt like I went to war and back with Alma and the others. It makes me want to go into towns and start yelling - Repent! Get baptized! Pray! Walk the narrow and righteous path!

And of course there is King Benjamin and Mosiah. Seems like ages since I read about them. I know King Benjamin's speech is one of the great speeches in history. And Mosiah, wasn’t it him that told his people not to prosecute those not in the church? Wasn't it him that made laws equal to those in and out of the church?

I'm ready to start 1st Nephi again but, I want to read the D&C and New

Testament now. Ok, I'm going to read the BoM again along with the D&C and New Testament!

Nephi, Moroni, Mormon, Alma, King Benjamin, Mosiah, so many others, I am so grateful.

You're right--it is just a great book. Love it with all my heart. We are reading it as a family now, and just finished the story of Ammon, Aaron, Omner, Himni and the Anti-Nephi-Lehis. Now that was a people that truly loved and trusted in the Lord. Now on to Alma, Amulek, and Zeezrom visiting the Zoramites, then his admontions to his sons. Some of my favorite chapters in all of the BoM (faith, prayer, the joy of righteous living, etc.).

I know that our friends of other faiths think we are blasphemous for even believing that God could have other scripture for us to learn and love, but if anyone would read it with the intent of learning, the spirit just pervades the book.

the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. My hero is Alma, so evil, he changed, and then so much love trying to bring people onto the Lord and Heavenly Father.

After reading this book, I know - Justice must be served. Some one must pay for our sins. Either us (and we will not return to our Heavenly Father) or Jesus. There is only one road back to our Heavenly Father - thru Jesus.

Pray, repent, be baptized, FAITH, HOPE, AND CHARITY. We must exercise all those words in our life.

What a book Alma is. It felt like I went to war and back with Alma and the others. It makes me want to go into towns and start yelling - Repent! Get baptized! Pray! Walk the narrow and righteous path!

And of course there is King Benjamin and Mosiah. Seems like ages since I read about them. I know King Benjamin's speech is one of the great speeches in history. And Mosiah, wasn’t it him that told his people not to prosecute those not in the church? Wasn't it him that made laws equal to those in and out of the church?

Testament now. Ok, I'm going to read the BoM again along with the D&C and New Testament!

Nephi, Moroni, Mormon, Alma, King Benjamin, Mosiah, so many others, I am so grateful.

Awesome! This was my favorite post all day!!

I have to say Hoosierguy that your excitment for the BoM is catchy. Just reading your post make me want to go home and read it again. Thank you for your growing testimony and I wish you the best in your searching and learning of the truth of Jesus Christ.

Doesn't it though. Hoosier is truly an amazing person. It did put a desire in me to read it again after Hoosier's enthusiasm.

I love this thread! Prolly cuz I love the BofM!!! I remember the early days, when I was first discovering the richness of the words. YUMMY! You should see my first quad.....literally worn out with cover hanging by a thread!

This book has literally made more difference to my life that anything else. It has helped me love the Bible and understand it in richer, more meaningful ways. It has helped me with my inner and constant efforts with my character, as well as understanding the nature of men and things. And more than anything, it has been the avenue with which Father has answered my most sincerest of prayers. Those words are so powerful! And those people! How real they all are to me. Nephi sometimes says the very words in my heart. 2 Nephi 4, for example. And how can you not love Mormon and Moroni as you realize what a profound gift they sacrificed so much to give to us today?

Anyway, I am going on and on.....and I could for days! :) Forgive me.

I want to read the D&C and New Testament now. Ok, I'm going to read the BoM again along with the D&C and New Testament!

Congrats on your new love for the Book of Mormon. That’s kind of how you know you have "become" Mormon.

I was going to add. The D&C is a different kind of read (as you probably have figured out by now). There is no story to follow, no great war battle. It’s a series of Revelations given at different times, to different people (but mostly to Joseph Smith).

I do suggest you get some commentary for the D&C, if it is just the Institute manual.

The biggest struggle with some type of commentary, is that there is so much more commentary then there is scripture to read (so you end up spending more time with the commentary then with the actually scriptures). So you have to find a balance. I’m not really that worried that you use the full D&C manual to get everything out of the D&C, but AT LEAST use the manual to read the background information for each section. Once you realize the setting and who the revelation was given it, it makes 10 times more sense!

I commend you on a job well done. The point on reading any works if we can work walk away learning something new and apply its teaching.

I just wanted to throw in... Don't forget the Old Testament!

I've been reading it. I just finished 1 Kings the other day. It's got a lot of interesting stories in there too, and it also makes me think a lot about why does God do this and that, why do the people keep sinning, etc, which is relevant to us even today, because God is timeless, and we still sin today =p

I know a lot of people just read the NT without the OT, thinking that Jesus makes the Old Testament obsolete, but I decided to read the OT because that's the backbone/foundation/history on which Jesus' ministry was built, was it not? Therefore, I think the Old Testament is for everyone, not just our Jewish friends :)

But I congratulate you on finishing reading the book. That's a lot of stick-to-it-ness :P

I love the book of Alma. Alma, Amulek and the four sons of Mosiah sure went through a lot didn't they?

I agree Heavenguard. The OT is a wonderful record with lots of great stories. My first recollection of OT stories was as a boy reading a big white book that my Mom used to have. It was an illustrated book and I really enjoyed reading it. I'd love to read it again just to bring back the memories. I still read the OT though. There's a lot to master from the lessons it teaches.

I started reading the BoM (for the first time) a week or two ago from the beginning and I'm already at Alma. The book of Alma is so LONG that I wanted something different too and read 4th Nephi, Ether and Moroni.

So it leaves only the books of Alma, Helaman. 3rd Nephi and Mormon to be read.

I got my BoM copy about two years ago, but I only read it from here and there before this.