How to used your IRS Rebate check:

Mullenite

As you have heard, most of us will be getting a rebate check to

stimulate the economy. If we spend the money at Wal-Mart, all the money

will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer, it will go to India. If we purchase fruits &

vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, & Guatemala. If we purchase

a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff, it will

go to Taiwan. None of which will help the American Economy. We need to

keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that money here at

home is to spend it at Yard Sales since those are the only businesses

still in the U.S.

As you have heard, most of us will be getting a rebate check to

stimulate the economy. If we spend the money at Wal-Mart, all the money

will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer, it will go to India. If we purchase fruits &

vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, & Guatemala. If we purchase

a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff, it will

go to Taiwan. None of which will help the American Economy. We need to

keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that money here at

home is to spend it at Yard Sales since those are the only businesses

still in the U.S.

I have gotten that forwarded to me about 20 times in e-mails now.

The way I understand it it's $600 per person/$1200 per married couple, plus $300 for each child that has a SS number.

The 2008 IRS Tax Rebate Checks Details

Checks are going out very soon according to you SS number:

Social Security number to decide when tax rebate check issued | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Mine come on May 2! ^_^

Since I didn't request direct deposit looks like I have to wait till June 27th. Which is okay with me. Something to look forward to and won't spend it as quickly.

The government is backwards. Let me explain the difference between wealth and poverty. Most people think wealth is determined by the amount of money you have. You can have tons of money and still be in the “bondage” of poverty. You are broke when you have spent all your money.

Wealth is determined by your use of money not the amount of it. If money is for spending (as this thread implies) then money is just a means of entrapping the foolish in poverty. One can only become wealthy by investing. One can only invest if they do not spend all their money. One can only avoid spending all their money if they save. One can only save that which they never intend to ever spend. One can only be guaranteed to have money if they know how to earn money. One learns to earn money by work. One learns to work by doing things that are worthwhile. And so the cycle continues.

I am convinced that the politicians (especially the liberal) politicians want to make this a country of poor people. In essence poor people are people that do not invest. Listen to the politicians. When they say they want to tax the rich and give tax breaks to the poor they are really saying that they want to prevent anyone from investing and they want to force as much as they can the need to spend to survive and reliance on the government.

I am not kidding about the hatred that has developed towards investors. I have posted before that I have saved and invested my whole life. This year I am investing a good chunk of money and taking a risk. A risk that will help the economy and create new jobs but the government so hates this concept that they want to tax my investment at a high percentage before I even take a dime of profits. But if I were to spend the money I could create all kinds of tax breaks. I could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on luxury business vacations and get wonderful tax breaks. Did any of you see where one CEO just gave back 460 million of his benefits from a quarter because the company lost money?

Sorry for the rant – go a head and spend your brains out. We’ll tax the investors to death. Think I am wrong – when was the last time you heard a politician talk about giving tax breaks to investors?

The Traveler