Hey Y'all...

Tough Grits

Hello!

I joined this site back in December. I was a member/moderator of another LDS site at that time, so I didn't hang around here much. Wow. This place has changed since I was last here. It looks great! It looks so good that I told my mom about it (Truegrits) and she joined!

It will take some time getting used to this site.

I am married. We were sealed in the Atlanta, GA temple in 2000. We have two children. I work as a paraprofessional at the same elementary school that my children attend. I started college in Spring of 2008. It was hard working full-time and taking a full-load at college. But I have one semester down...only 10 or 12 more to go!!!! LOL LOL

I was baptized in November of 1998. I received my own endowments in the Orlando, FL temple in November of 1999. Life has changed so much for me since joining the church. I have learned so much, grown so much, and I can clearly see how much further I have to go!!!!!!

I enjoy studying the gospel. I spent the first 24 years of my life as an agnostic. Though I was exposed to many forms of religion, none of them felt right to me. It was not until I read the Gospel Principles book that I realized that I had found exactly what I had been looking for all my life. I called up the missionaries and I was baptized not long after that.

Participating in Sunday School and Relief Society is a treat for me. I learn best by raising my hand and asking questions or offering comment. I love being asked to read out-loud. I guess that is kind of geeky, but there are far worse things to being embarrassed about!!!!!!

Friday nights are my stay-up-late nights. Saturdays are the only day in my whole week that I do not have to get up early the next morning! So, I try to stay up until my eyes just about burn from exhaustion!!! LOL LOL

I have a new laptop, so that makes being on the computer easier. The laptop is really for college homework, but it is nice to be able to check e-mail, send IM's, and visit a forum like this while I am in the same room with my kids.

Well, I look forward to catching up with some of my old friends from our old forum, and I also look forward to meeting new friends.

Love,

Tough Grits

Hello ToughGrits- It is sooooo good to see you again.:P Ha, so Mom joined with a different name- True. Now we have Tough & True or True and Tough!!:D

I'll have to search for her intro- and go to her profile. This site will end up being a bit easier to navigate than the other place. It is easier to download avatars and pictures that is for sure.

See ya on the boards-

Love

Iggy

Thanks, y'all, for the warm welcome!!

Yes, Iggy, my mother changed her user-name. On our old forum she was Madd Dawg. I was shocked to see she had changed it, but her new name makes sense too.

When I was a child, my mom and dad were members of a bowling league. The name on the back of her shirt (and I think she had it engraved on her bowling ball too) was True Grits. Grits stands for "Girl Raised In The South". She is a True Grits!!!! LOL LOL

Besides, it is cool to have her as True Grits, and me as Tough Grits!!!!!

I really like this site. It is so interesting how things work out. I didn't really have time for the old site, but it also seemed to be stagnant with nobody really visiting or posting. I was losing interest. So, this site is the breath of fresh air that I was looking for. I am sad that we lost all our posts and blogs, but I am glad that you and TomK directed me to this site again.

I love you guys!!!! :wub:

And you are right, this site has WAY COOLER graphics and is easier to manipulate pics and such! True Grits is upset that I found such a cool avatar!!!! LOL She is a bookworm too, so I am going to have to search for something similar for her!!! LOL LOL

MaidservantX,

Yes! I LOVE blogging. I think I have already posted a couple of blogs. As much as I love journal writing, I think blogging is better for me. It is easier for me to type a quick blog entry in between homework or scripture study on the internet, than to find my journal and write stuff down. I also like the fact that others can read and comment on my thoughts and experiences now, rather than having to wait until I am dead for my posterity to read my stuff. LOL

The drawback to blogging though, is that entries can be lost in the blink of an eye. I know, I lost everything on my previous forum. New owners switched the format beyond recognition with no warning, and they wiped out all our posts and blogs. I had been meaning to copy/paste my blog entries to Word on my computer and then print them out and place them in folders or binders. I just never got around to it. That is my fault. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

How do y'all feel about blogging vs. journaling? Do you only do one or the other, or do you do both? I would love to hear your thoughts and advice on this matter. Also, do you save and print out hard copies of your blogs for your posterity should anything happen to your blogs on the internet?

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

~TG :popcorn:

Guest Breezy

Hi Tough do you remember me? Breezy? I found this place by accident. I could never get into the other forum. When ever I tried I got a page not available kind of message. It will be nice to see your sparking self post here too. I missed reading your posts.

Breezy!!!!! Hey girl!!!!!! I have missed you!

I am so glad that even though we had to jump ship, we have been able to find ourselves together once again on a new forum!!!! AWESOME.

Wow. Keep in touch, and I really look forward to reading some posts from you!

:wub:

-----------------------------------------------------

Loudmouth_Mormon,

Yes, I am the same TG (Tough Grits) from ldsfriends. Did you have the same name over there, or is Loudmouth a new name?

Roger still retained 5% ownership, but the new owners REALLY goofed by revamping EVERYTHING and turning the site into a singles pond without running it by Roger. At least, that is what I understood from Roger's apologetic e-mail to me and others from that forum. Oh well. This place is MUCH more interesting and spiritual anyway...so things have a way of happening for the best!

Guest tomk

LOL :estaloco:

No worries, brother.

I am just glad to be on a forum with you again! Thanks to you and Iggy, I found this site again.

~TG

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Let me explain something...:.bullhorn:

Technically, Florida IS south of Georgia. :disclaimer:

Soooooo, just because I was born in Miami instead of backwoods Georgia, like you True, that does NOT mean that I am not a Girl Raised In The South (Grits).

Also, I spent nearly every summer of my life traveling to Georgia with Grandma and Grandpa for my summer vacations. I nearly spent EVERY summer on the family farm in backwoods Georgia with my cousins.

I now live on said family farm. Sooooo, YOU may be a True Grits, but I am a Tough Grits, and my title is well earned. LOL LOL LOL LOL

MorningStar, my mother is correct when she says that her and I have different "voices". She is also correct when she states that I tend to use more verbiage!!!!!!!!! :D

My mother may not understand geography, but she is a good person and I love her!!!! LOL LOL

~TG

Hi Grit(s) and welcome from Norway/Finland... I just came home this morning 2am... we drove through Sweden been a week in Finland to help my mother who is 90.We were to build for her a thing she can roll her rollator up to the cabin...but she decided she wont be there alone..so we did not make that. I think that was good that she wont be alone in the cabin any more...

I love this forum... somany great people here! And now even a few more! Somany new that came here after I left for Finland... :o I hope I have time to say Hi to everyone!

Grits! Iggy! YAY! I hae found my friends! Thanks for telling me about this place. I can tell you I was really ticked off by the changes at the other board. But I'm happy now-- this is a better place. Like you Shauney, I am sooooo busy, I don't have much online playtime anymore.. I don't want to spend it at a dead site.... and sadly, almost all of the LDS sites are dead right now. I think it's because we're all so busy... a latter days thing. Much to do.

But it's nice to have a "home" to go to when you have the time! This is great!

And MsMagnolia, are you Blase's daughter? If so, I loved your dad so much! He was truly a hero to me because of his awesome spirit.

Waving a big hello to all the new folks I'm meeting!

Sister of Jared

Hey there, true grits! I actually have a couple of days off work, so I can read up on this place and get acquainted with new friends and catch up on old friends. Not that I'm calling you old. LOL. I rather thing you're about my age, and we know that is YOUNG!!!

Thanks for the welcome, utcowboy. I like your picture. It has a very poetic look, coud have come off a calendar or something. I really like the blue sky in the background. I am in Washington state, where it is wet and dreary about 90% of the time, and I am sun-starved, However, we just had 3 days if sunshine and blue skies. That will keep me from going totally nuts for a while.

I want to move to Moab, Utah. Beautiful red slick rock and green trees and mixed together. Moab is twice as beautiful as Sedona. Only there is no money there, and we about starved when we lived there before. When I get rich, I'm taking my money and moving to Moab, Utah.

Only that won't be soon, because I'm not doing anything that's gonna get me rich! LOL.

Hmmmm, by way of a more ordinary introduction, I currently hail from the Seattle area, formerly of AZ and UT and a few other places, I'm a married mother of 8 kids, all grown up. My baby just came home from her mission the end of February. I adore my kids and grandkids, probably because they are simply the best. I have 10 grandkids. I love writing, reading, people. My favorite thing to do at church is teach adults or teenagers, none of which I am doing now. In fact, I have no calling right now, which is really sad.

If I could choose a talent I would want to sing like an angel. I am jealous of people who can praise God through music. I squeak when I try. Don't sound good at all. LOL. I feel it on the inside, but can't get it through those poor vocal cords. LOL.

Okay, now I am introduced. LOL.... some strange facts for an introduction!

I'll go away and reed more about everyone already here. And I hope I've corrected all my spelling errors. I'm on a brand new keyboard, and it's different than my previous one, and I'm struggling to typre well right now!

Sister of Jared