pam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Pam you can say that! And some just give it away... :o

Hmm I quesss I am out of marked...

Over 50% some say 90% of 17 year olds around here are no more virgins. Why the boys are not on the marked? We need equality here! Where is the womens freedom organization now!?

I worry that if one does this and actually gets paid that much money...how many more would think...Ooooo easy money.

More than likely, the guy would show up, do the deed, declare bankruptcy after she sued him and then walk away. While I would suspect some might have (Honorable?) intentions, I imagine that the vast majority of people involved in a scam like this will probably not have the girl's best interests at heart.

This is the first I've heard about it, but the article claims it has been happening all around the world for a while now.

I don't want to marry a woman who sold her virginity. I can see marrying a woman who lost it and since repented, but not one who treated her own body as a commodity to be sold.

It's the signs of the times- men will be haters of their own flesh. Or, in other words, they will not value their own body in its spiritual capacity, but only as another tool for self-gratification.

We can clearly see what motivates her life - MONEY! Sad, she had sold her soul.

That sounds so final - so judgemental.

I wanted to highlight something in this thread. Can we put our fingers on what makes sexual sin of this nature so much worse than any other sort of sin? What makes prostitution more abhorrent than, say, robbery or arson or drugs? If it isn't, then why don't I ever see anyone claiming an arsonist has 'sold his soul'?

I submit to you that the difference in our reactions might be generated from our cultural upbringing and not from gospel truth. From what I can tell, Christ's atonement covers just about everything, from this girl's dumb choice, to people who rob for drug money, to most everyone else. The call to "repent and be baptized", the inviting hand of fellowship, the prayerful genuine concern for a sinner's salvation, ought to be our reaction here - not revulsion and insults.

I don't want to marry a woman who sold her virginity. I can see marrying a woman who lost it and since repented, but not one who treated her own body as a commodity to be sold.

So basically, Christ's atonement might cover a repentant prostitute, but you don't feel up to your duty to forgive such a person?

We delight in the chastity of women. But I fear that sometimes we go too far in our efforts to keep our women chaste. This shunning and judging I'm not sure does us any good.

Or maybe I'm off base. What do you think?

LM

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

I wanted to highlight something in this thread. Can we put our fingers on what makes sexual sin of this nature so much worse than any other sort of sin? What makes prostitution more abhorrent than, say, robbery or arson or drugs? If it isn't, then why don't I ever see anyone claiming an arsonist has 'sold his soul'?

It seems to me that most sexual sins occur during a moment of heated passion or with someone that a person is way to comfortable with....the really disturbing thing is why anyone would pay such a great sum of money to help this young women squander her virtue.

It is a worse sin because it involves the power to procreate and the fact that if one repents, they can't return someone there virtue or get there virtue back.

I submit to you that the difference in our reactions might be generated from our cultural upbringing and not from gospel truth. From what I can tell, Christ's atonement covers just about everything, from this girl's dumb choice, to people who rob for drug money, to most everyone else. The call to "repent and be baptized", the inviting hand of fellowship, the prayerful genuine concern for a sinner's salvation, ought to be our reaction here - not revulsion and insults.

We delight in the chastity of women. But I fear that sometimes we go too far in our efforts to keep our women chaste. This shunning and judging I'm not sure does us any good.

Or maybe I'm off base. What do you think?

LM

I usually agree with you LM, but I think you're off base here. The prophets have said that sexual immorality ranks among the most grievous of sins:

Certain sins are of such gravity that they can put your membership in the Church and your eternal life at risk. Sexual sins are among those of such seriousness.

Keeping Covenants

We desire with holy zeal to emphasize the enormity of sexual sins. Though often regarded as insignificant by those not knowing the will of God, they are, in his eyes an abomination, and if we are to remain his favored people they must be shunned as the gates of hell. The evil results of these sins are so patent in vice, crime, misery and disease that it would appear that all, young and old, must perceive and sense them. They are destroying the world. If we are to be preserved we must abhor them, shun them, not practice the least of them, for they weaken and enervate, they kill man spiritually, they make him unfit for the company of the righteous and the presence of God.

Teachings of Joseph F. Smith

While the girl is to be pitied, the behavior is to be abhorred. It is prostitution of the worst degree: not only is it the selling of that girl's body, it is the selling of one of the key experiences that help defines healthy female sexuality: the losing of a woman's virginity.

On another note, most of the comments thus far have been about the act itself, not reflecting necessarily on the girl. The ones dealing with the girl have not been overtly judgmental or derogatory.

It is a worse sin because it involves the power to procreate and the fact that if one repents, they can't return someone there virtue or get there virtue back.

There are all sorts of sins that involve a permanently earthly harm that can't be fully made whole. If I cut off your arm and repent, you're still out an arm. If I destroy my marriage through drugs or abuse, full repentence and full forgiveness does not mean that marriage will survive, or ever be as good as it once was.

Virtue is a personal characteristic. You an gain virute back if you lose it, the same way you can be an honest person after repenting of a life of lying.

Most of the 50 states, I think 49 of them and most counties in Nevada have laws that make this illegal. It is only allowed in the smallest counties of Nevada. It is a misnomer that it is allowed in all the state of Nevada.

Most of us, those who are here to promote LDS beliefs, believe that what she is doing is a sin. Robbing a bank is too among many other things. Judging unjustly is a sin too.

What this girl is doing is wrong in our eyes. I have not seen the Glen Beck interview. If this girl does not have the same beliefs, upbringing etc, is it a sin for her? Knowledge is required to sin.

I feel that there are more and more people willing to call what we call sin inconsequential. An old saying from the 1960s was "If it feels good, do it".

Wrong is wrong and right is right.

I don't believe that you can plan to commit a sin with the intent or plan to repent afterwards. "Oh I can do this because there is repentance and I can get it straightened out later." Where is the remorse for sin committed?

Ben Raines

There are all sorts of sins that involve a permanently earthly harm that can't be fully made whole. If I cut off your arm and repent, you're still out an arm. If I destroy my marriage through drugs or abuse, full repentence and full forgiveness does not mean that marriage will survive, or ever be as good as it once was.

Virtue is a personal characteristic. You an gain virute back if you lose it, the same way you can be an honest person after repenting of a life of lying.

Yes.....but not the same level of sin according to the scriptures, not sure cutting off an arm is mentioned is it??

You may be perceived as a virtuous person, but did you really get your virtue back? Or have you only repented of the sin of losing your virtue?

Edited by bytor2112

I think a sin is a sin is a sin in God's eyes IMO. Jesus made the comparisons of adultery and lust in the heart being equal etc.

Without Christ's atonement any sin would separate us from God. But certainly some sins are worse than others, just as some crimes are far worse than others and carry stiffer penalties.