Political Forum

Guest missingsomething

Guest missingsomething

No see.. I go to "general" and open something up... only to find it is political and yes lately obama bashing.

I wish they'd stay in current events! lol

No see.. I go to "general" and open something up... only to find it is political and yes lately obama bashing.

I wish they'd stay in current events! lol

Ah, I see now. As of now the rules for General are "post on any topic but follow the rules," but a suppose we could place an additional rule there that all topics of a political nature should be posted in Current.

it is always so easy to say harsh words about those whose shoes we have never had the luxury to fill.

Having been raised in a political family and having worked on a number of campaigns and having known several politicians personally I will only say that I do not support any candidates in the last election and I do feel that the concept of government by the people has been lost as a concept to either of the major political parties. I do not believe that any measurable good will come from either of the major political parties of the USA.

All that aside – I would love to have a political thread.

BTW - I am grateful for the example of family being presented by the current and recent past president and the support they have both had in remaining faithful before the public to their spouses.

The Traveler

Why is anyone bashing Obama?

He just got started. Is everyone here rich?

I don't know much about the man, but I did read where he was going to make it better for poor folks to get to go see a Dr. if they needed too. Something that this country needs I think.

Heaven knows I need it and I'm a military brat hurt @ 13/14 years of age, while on a military base school in a sporting accident on a trampoline, no one ever, not the teacher, the school or my parents took the time to make a report or consider that uhhhh, well, even if she's still walking her back is broken and her neck is all screwed out of place.

I'm not a political person at all, but it just seems to me that as a people that we should at least pray for the guy and in a good way without grumbling.

He's there for a reason...or he would not be there at all right?

Who would have been better?

And if they were in office now would everyone be bashing them?

I just don't understand all of this, which is one reason I suppose I hold no interest in politics, although I do have opinions...

Pray for Obama rather than tearing him down, he needs us just as we need him.

No matter what color body we wear or what side of any fence we stand on.

Coming together makes more sense that bashing one another.

At least that's what I think about the whole deal of bashing.

Bashing can only bring on more troubles.

How does bashing make a positive difference?

Write to the White House or something....

PEACE!

I don't know much about the man, but I did read where he was going to make it better for poor folks to get to go see a Dr. if they needed too. Something that this country needs I think.

Heaven knows I need it and I'm a military brat hurt @ 13/14 years of age, while on a military base school in a sporting accident on a trampoline, no one ever, not the teacher, the school or my parents took the time to make a report or consider that uhhhh, well, even if she's still walking her back is broken and her neck is all screwed out of place.

I'm not a political person at all, but it just seems to me that as a people that we should at least pray for the guy and in a good way without grumbling.

He's there for a reason...or he would not be there at all right?

I just don't understand all of this, which is one reason I suppose I hold no interest in politics, although I do have opinions...

PEACE!

I think this was more or less MOE's point.

Being critical of the President and Congress for doing things you disagree with is n ot bashing.

What kind of question is that? If everyone were "rich", why would that matter? Do you think the "rich" are less deserving of representation than the less fortunate? Or do you believe that their wallets should be more accessible to others, particularly Uncle Sam?

Nearly half the voters thought someone else would have been.......

Would be people be critical of McCain if he were President, of course. It's the nature of political discourse.

Many of the criticisms have to deal with the outrageous spending. Huge pork laden bills that do not address the crux of the economic crisis, but instead satisfy the wish list for the Democratic party for the past 40 years. It's politics a usual. Obama is Bush on steroids when it comes to spending. Bush spent like a drunken sailor.......Obama is spending like a fleet of drunken sailors.

I hope everyone will pray for the President......that everyone will pray for our country. Being critical of our elected leaders helps keep them accountable. Remember they work for us and serve at the pleasure of the citizens of the United States. And yes , write the Whitehouse, writes your congress people and tell them...... close the dang check book.

Edited by bytor2112