Its fast Sunday should I say More?

Winnie G

Do any of you have a sister who just Molly Mormon's you to the point your back teeth grind? :gnash:

Those sisters I want to punch,

"Of course we don't have TV or the internet or email for that much and even G rated movies are to adult so we don't go out"

She holds book club and mom and tots at her house as well. Oh yes walking club.

Book club has been canceled this month because the book picked was too Adult!

I live the Mormon Bible Belt of Canada how can you pick the wrong book, go to the book store the LDS book store!

Its fast Sunday should I say More?:rolleyes:

just for clarification what is the "Canadian Book of Mormon Belt"? I never heard of that before.

Tyler

I think she's talking about a portion of Canada that has a large population of LDS folk. I believe that there are areas of Southern Alberta that might fit that description.

Do any of you have a sister who just Molly Mormon's you to the point your back teeth grind? :gnash:

I live the Mormon Bible Belt of Canada how can you pick the wrong book, go to the book store the LDS book store!

I can’t help but wonder what the book was that was so adult. Walk Two Moons, or The Pelican Brief, The Complete New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding, or was it The Little Mermaid Coloring and Activity Book? Ariel sure is titillating in those sea shells.

Winnie G said "Mormon Bible Belt of Canada," and I'm sure she was referring to those portions settled by Mormons and/or that have high LDS populations today. It's part of the "Mormon Corridor" that extends from Southern Alberta south to Northern Mexico. People also jokingly refer to it as the "Jell-O Belt." :P (See: Mormon Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I decided to play with the words a bit and change it from "Bible Belt" to "Book of Mormon Belt," seeing as how we're talking about Mormons!

Peace,

HEP

Yes Winnie the Bishops wife is like this she does my head in! Her prayers are like sermons, basically an excuse to tell off anyone she has a problem with. Every sentence is over-churchified if that makes any sense, its too OTT for me. Coupled with the fact she talks about 100 miles an hour and wears clashing brightly patterned clothes, I try to avoid her. She is a nice person, but a bit too much for me (She's also one of those that tries to kill herself being perfect). Nope. Not for me!

Yes Winnie the Bishops wife is like this she does my head in! Her prayers are like sermons, basically an excuse to tell off anyone she has a problem with.

From Elder Russell M. Nelson-

"The concept of “too much and unnecessary” could also apply to the length of our prayers. A closing prayer in a Church meeting need not include a summary of each message and should not become an unscheduled sermon. Private prayers can be as long as we want, but public prayers ought to be short supplications for the Spirit of the Lord to be with us or brief declarations of gratitude for what has transpired."

Wise words.... they tend to creep into my mind once the closing prayer begins to tip the 2min mark....

Believe it or not, I know of a guy who will not let his daughter watch Finding Nemo because it is too adult... something about the mother getting eaten by the shark being too violent. The crazy thing is, I kinda see his point.

He also won't let her watch Cars because it is too adult... something about the woman car with the tattoo flirting with the guy car...

Ahh, to each his own, yes?

G-rated movies are too adult?

HEP

We should be charitable on this point, after all once the electrodes are firmly implanted, many former activities do become too adult. However, these electrode recipients feel the trade off is worth it once their Mollyness level exceeds 9.7 on the McConkie Scale.

:)

I remember when my kids were small and we lived across the street from the Bishop. They would not let their kids watch The Lion King when it came out because of the violence.

Guest Alana

Like was said, to each their own. There are several women at church who intimidate me with their 'we don't watch sponge bob' and 'I only talk to my children in this language so he can be bilingual' and 'all our toys are made of wood' but on the other spectrum there are women who think I'm insane because we don't have cable (but lots and lots of sponge bob dvd's) and I do preschool at home for my kids and others. I just need to assume other people aren't trying to be annoying and it all works out better for me in the end:P

From Elder Russell M. Nelson-

"The concept of “too much and unnecessary” could also apply to the length of our prayers. A closing prayer in a Church meeting need not include a summary of each message and should not become an unscheduled sermon. Private prayers can be as long as we want, but public prayers ought to be short supplications for the Spirit of the Lord to be with us or brief declarations of gratitude for what has transpired."

Wise words.... they tend to creep into my mind once the closing prayer begins to tip the 2min mark....

Ah but she and the Bishop think anytime they take is 'The Lord's time'. This gives them an excuse to take as long as they want on anything. The Bishop has been known to allow SM to run 20 minutes over. My husband Home teaches them and cant schedule any other visits that night as he is there around 2 hours.

Aside..I sat behind her in RS the other week and she had a loud reddish coloured floral blouse and a black and white horizontal cardigan that was on the back of the chair. I'm not kidding, my eyes went so funny that I couldnt even see the teacher by the end and had to move seats for Sunday School, although I could still see it as she was on the front row!!! (Of course)

Its the adult humor that we get that kids may not, (Monsters verses Aliens) She dose not want them hearing us laugh and figuring it out.

What a shock kindergarten is going to be for those kids.

I think violence is a load of parental "horse hockey" like we never thought about Bambi's mother being killed by the hunters!

Some of the women on here may (or may not) be familiar with the blog Mormon Mommy Wars. One of the authors this week wrote about Pixar's new movie "Up" (rated PG "for some peril and action") and what she thought of it, as far as taking young children to see it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can completely understand her point of view. Read here.