Parents keep child's gender secret

Connie

Asinine, on multiple levels. You don't have to keep gender a secret to teach your child the dynamic nature of gender roles. On top of that, they're worrying about letting an infant choose for itself what it wants to be when it doesn't even understand what that means. If an individual wants to go against the grain of perceived gender roles in society, it will happen on it's own. There's no need for this nonsense presented under the guise of "parental guidance", and I can't believe a spectacle is being made of it.

I believe gender/sex is a divine eternal characteristic and not something little Storm gets to decide for him/herself. I doubt it'll be kept secret for too long, at some point people are going to notice what public restroom Storm goes into, though it may take enough years for him/her to be over the 'can go into either with Mom or Dad' bar.

Personally while I can understand the desire not to pigeonhole your child by certain social expectations (say flowers versus trucks, or teacher versus engineer) there are ways to do that besides, as Applepansy puts it, using your child as a social experiment.

I don't see how this is doing the child any good.

As was stated above, "If an individual wants to go against the grain of perceived gender roles in society, it will happen on it's own."

But for the record that child looks like a boy.

Maybe they wanted to have a girl so bad they didn't want to admit they had another boy.... :P

Edited by Jennarator

Making a statement is good.

Making a statement without benefit of a brain is not good.

Making a statement without benefit of a brain by involving defenseless children who didn't CHOOSE to sign up to join in is... I don't know, it's so bad, I am at a loss for words on it...

Making a statement is good.

Making a statement without benefit of a brain is not good.

Making a statement without benefit of a brain by involving defenseless children who didn't CHOOSE to sign up to join in is... I don't know, it's so bad, I am at a loss for words on it...

Stupid?

Idiotic?

Sick?

What are they thinking?????

They need to have their Brain Filter replaced.

Bad? :)

I'm looking for a superlative form of bad that is worse than worst...

like, I don't know...

atrocious, abominable, awful, dreadful, painful, terrible, unspeakable, corked, deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, sad, sorry, fearful, frightful, horrid, crappy, lousy, rotten

just doesn't seem to cut it...

I don't care. They'll be disappointed when the child learns to identify the differences between male and female and auto-affiliates with its own gender.

The parents, and anyone who criticizes or praises their decision all should recognize that there's very little the parents can do to influence the development of their child unless they choose to abuse the child. The child's peers will have for more influence on his or her development than the decisions of the parent.

They better start it's therapy fund now.

The article linked to a very touching photo of the child being kissed by its sister. Then I read the caption and saw that the "sister" with lovely long brown hair all done up in a braid, was actually its brother.

As one of the commissioners in family court in Provo likes to say at the end of a hearing (often with more than a hint of irony in his voice):

"Good luck to the parties."

The article linked to a very touching photo of the child being kissed by its sister. Then I read the caption and saw that the "sister" with lovely long brown hair all done up in a braid, was actually its brother.

As one of the commissioners in family court in Provo likes to say at the end of a hearing (often with more than a hint of irony in his voice):

"Good luck to the parties."

I saw that, too. Poor little boy, looks like a boy with braids. At first I felt sorry the "girl" looked so much like a boy...now I feel sorry for the boy that acts and dresses like a "girl."