A field trip to Hooters

seeking_peace

If you go to their website, there aren't a whole lot of owls on the home page - just women with large, fake breasts and one of them saying, "Give Dad what he really wants for Father's Day!" Yeah, I don't think so.

I think the women should wear (really modest) owl costumes to prove how much the company loves owls (minus the eyes that look like breasts).

agreed, when going to hooters is more along the lines of going to an owl exhibit at a zoo, rather than....um....an exhibit on a very specific part of the female human anatomy....yeah, that's it.....well, then I'll believe that the chain was started solely for the sake of liking owls.

My grandmother loved owls, but to my knowledge she never heard of Hooters, much less owned one of the shirts....

I just can't believe how long this thread has gone on. I pop on here once a day or so... even sometimes letting a couple of days go by in between login's... and I think to myself, "surely the hooters thread is dead by now"... but alas... no... it is not.

I guess what surprises me most is that there is even something to be debated here. Seriously, "I go to Hooters just cuz I like the wings?" Whatever. While that certainly could be the case for some, the mere idea of supporting an establishment like Hooters with your dollars is really something that "faithful Latter-Day Saint(s)" (see Russell M. Nelson's April 2011 conference address) should reconsider.

I'll check back in a week and see if this thread still lives on... :)

Like I've said, I've not had any experience of hooters or any place like it in the UK, I was a little shocked when I did a google search and looked for hooters. From the pics I viewed it certainly looked like they play to the sexual side of things with regards to their waitresses. So I doubt it would be a place I would take my family to for a meal.

Why? Why is this thread still up and running? If any thread on this forum is a zombie, surely this one is.

OR, is it a :deadhorse: that is in serious need of being buried?

Mods, why hasn't this been closed?

Please put all of us out of our misery and close this thread!

Why? Why is this thread still up and running? If any thread on this forum is a zombie, surely this one is.

This thread was started less than a week ago. It can't be considered a zombie in any sense.

Mods, why hasn't this been closed?

Please put all of us out of our misery and close this thread!

I don't understand. People are still commenting on this thread, so it's obviously of some interest to them. Why should it be closed?

Oh my gosh we are laughing so hard it hurts at that photo on the hat. No one in my family thought of anything other than it's being a weird looking owl with huge eyes. Whoever can mamage to think of the owls eyes as a womans breasts sure has a bigger imagination than we do. LOL

My husband just said this comparison reminds him of when Jerry Falwell was insisting that the children's cartoon show "Teletubbies" should be banned because one of the

teletubbies" appeared to be gay.

Or when he encouraged Baptists to ban Disney because there was something in the "Lion King" Movie that appeared to be satanic.

I guess if a person wants to see or interpret something in just about anything, they will if that is where their thoughts are.

It's like that old psychology ink blot test, or imagining what you see in cloud formations. Not everyone "sees" the same thing.

Edited by LDSJewess

Here's something fun to add to the thread:

The next day, he [the CEO of Hooters] worked on marketing with two female employees and discovered -- it really seemed to be a surprise to him -- that many Americans did not view Hooters as a family establishment and had the impression that the franchise was degrading to women.

Hooters CEO Coby Brooks 'Undercover' - CBS News

My husband just said this comparison reminds him of when Jerry Falwell was insisting that the children's cartoon show "Teletubbies" should be banned because one of the teletubbies" appeared to be gay.

Or when he encouraged Baptists to ban Disney because there was something in the "Lion King" Movie that appeared to be satanic.

I haven't seen any calls in this thread to ban anything - have you?

Further, teletubbies and the lion king were both innocent. Apart from a handbag, there was nothing gay about poor Tinky-Winky. Folks who see signs of satanism everywhere, are bound to see signs in disney cartoons. Hooters, on the other hand, is guilty as charged. Any quick visit to their website pretty conclusively proves their intentions. GB-UK's last post demonstrates this pretty well, IMO.

I haven't seen any calls in this thread to ban anything - have you?

Further, teletubbies and the lion king were both innocent. Apart from a handbag, there was nothing gay about poor Tinky-Winky. Folks who see signs of satanism everywhere, are bound to see signs in disney cartoons. Hooters, on the other hand, is guilty as charged. Any quick visit to their website pretty conclusively proves their intentions. GB-UK's last post demonstrates this pretty well, IMO.

Exactly. This thread is about whether it's appropriate to bring adolescent children into an establishment that promotes the degradation of women.

Not that I would be sad if Hooters went out of business.

Whoever can mamage to think of the owls eyes as a womans breasts sure has a bigger imagination than we do. LOL

I shall never rest until you know that owl's eyes are clearly breasts! (Or until the thread is closed. Then I'll find another subject to beat to death.)

Oh, she knows. Anyone who mammages those eyes knows they're breasts.

I shall never rest until you know that owl's eyes are clearly breasts! (Or until the thread is closed. Then I'll find another subject to beat to death.)

Thus saith the noble MorningStar

In stalwart phrase and ringing tone:

"Oh, hear, ye near, and those afar!

Truth to your minds I shall make known!

"Until ye learn and comprehend,

I'll never flag; I'll never rest

And tell you truth, if ear you'll lend --

The Hooter's owl's eye's a breast!"

Oh my gosh we are laughing so hard it hurts at that photo on the hat. No one in my family thought of anything other than it's being a weird looking owl with huge eyes. Whoever can mamage to think of the owls eyes as a womans breasts sure has a bigger imagination than we do.

Well, they're clearly implants, but they are definitely meant to look like breasts. As for imagination, if you can't see the representation, then perhaps you don't have too much of it.

When I open my restaurant called "Wieners" with our mascot the wiener dog, if its tail looks strangely like a ...... well, you know, it's just your dirty imagination! Nevermind that the servers are all muscular men wearing Speedos. My restaurant is all about how I love wiener dogs.

Which politician will you get to hawk your wares?