If you were bishop of the LDS.net ward

MarginOfError

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Billy Graham is going to be counsellor in the LDS.net ward, does that mean that I can have his televangelical business?

Well, do you really want it? In the late 1980s Graham said he had a salary of $57,000 per year...that to head an $88 million a year ministry. Besides, my particular ward is going to have a slightly different financial scheme...sure you don't want to work with me, instead??? :P

Wow....I have been a member in good standing since 2008, over 5000 posts, thanked over 2300 times and received laughs over 600 times and I don't even get interviewed to be the Bishop?????????? Wow....

Was seeing me get selected sorta like rubbing salt in this particular wound? :D

Well, do you really want it? In the late 1980s Graham said he had a salary of $57,000 per year...that to head an $88 million a year ministry. Besides, my particular ward is going to have a slightly different financial scheme...sure you don't want to work with me, instead??? :P

Problem there. If you're bishop of a ward you have a financial setup already. Oh and you do have another job in mind for your personal well being? -

I'm going to add my list even though I am confused by the list of callings that are available in this ward (I've never really got the hang of all the titles), but here it goes anyway:

Bishop: prisonchaplain

Counselors: Maureen, Godless

Clerk: MOE

Exec Sec: Vort

EQ Pres: Suzie

HPGL: Backroads

Primary Pres: slamjet

Primary Music Leader: JAG

RS Pres: hordak

Sunday School Pres: beefche

Ward Missionary Leader: RipplecutBuddha

YM Pres: Soulsearcher

YW Pres: pam

I know that hordak hasn't been posting for months but maybe the new calling will change that. And positions that are typically filled by the man will now have a woman's touch and vice versa.

M.

Oh Oh... shaving off beard and wearing white shirt....:hmmm::rasta:

Problem there. If you're bishop of a ward you have a financial setup already. Oh and you do have another job in mind for your personal well being? -

I might not have read the OP carefully...thought I was setting up an evangelical ward. :D As for jobs, I could always fall back on my teaching gig. In this economy, it's a piece a cake to get a job teaching history, politics, or religion, isn't it??? :o

As for jobs, I could always fall back on my teaching gig. In this economy, it's a piece a cake to get a job teaching history, politics, or religion, isn't it??? :o

Hey PC...you could always be an LDS prison chaplain.

(Is it twisted to quote yourself on these forums??? :eek:)

Do LDS prison chaplains get paid?

Yes. There are a fair number of LDS chaplains in the military (Church Requirements) (New BYU Route for Military Chaplains), and I would not be surprised if there were a few in state correctional systems. There are probably many times more LDS religious volunteers, however.

Looks like hospital chaplaincy is another option (even for females): More Mormons in chaplain training program | Deseret News

Edited by prisonchaplain

Is there a Ward Missionary Leader calling, if there is you've been called:

Ward Missionary Leader: RipplecutBuddha

M.

Perfect...so long as I don't have to be the bishop. In which case, were I the bishop, my first order of business would be to release myself from my calling and announce one of my councilors as the next bishop.

y'know....if the callings worked that way....or if I could bribe the Stake President....which would be unlikely if I really were a bishop....dang...I'd be stuck.

Wow I've been gone from lds.net for 2 weeks and look at all the callings I've been offered without even knowing it. No wonder I've been so tired that last couple of weeks.

I'm guessing she went to San Diego, to enjoy the giant waves they've had this last week, and perhaps to sadly experience the Chargers' untimely demise for this year's playoffs.....

Rather funny coming from someone who lives in the Colts territory.

Well, I've never been a Colts fan. I foresaw such a thing happening years ago, when after one winning season the state decided they needed to build a new $500 million stadium for the Colts. I was pretty sure that Peyton Manning would not be on the top of his game for the 30 years it would take to pay it off. And I also knew they were building the team around Peyton, so that it literally was a one-man show. The only thing I was surprised at this season was that the Colts actually WON two games!