If you were bishop of the LDS.net ward

MarginOfError

BTW, while the Colts aren't going to the Super Bowl, the Super Bowl is coming here!

And with my job, I've been working with the Super Bowl committee, providing prisoner workers for several projects for them. As it is, I have a nice, official Super Bowl jacket awaiting me to receive on 19 January....

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday School Pres: prisonchaplain

You sure do have an ecumenical bent to you! :D Or is it that you like service to be "dry?"

Sunday school president in the LDS Church does not give the lessons, he makes sure that the Gospel Doctrine (Adult Sunday School & Youth Sunday School), Gospel Principles (New Member Sunday School) are called. If any of them are going to be absent, then he finds substitutes. If he can't find any substitutes, then he decides if he is going to teach the class or double up on classes.

He also makes sure that the teachers have manuals, every member has a Study Guide, and also knows where to find the materials on LDS.org. He is also in charge of the Library.

He also schedules Teaching, No Greater Calling lessons, Temple Preparedness classes, on a need to have basis.

At the beginning of Gospel Doctrine class, he conducts. In-Other-Words, he asks that everyone take a seat and quiet down. Welcomes everyone, asks visitors and new members to the Ward to introduce themselves. Before the meeting starts he asks members to give the opening and closing prayers, which he announces after visitors/new members.

Sunday School is the only meeting where there is no opening & closing hymn. Personally I think there should be- think it would ready the members more.

So you see PC - this is a calling you would excel at. Delegate - ponder on members who have no callings to see if Father wishes they become teachers/librarians, then turn the names over to the Bishop for him to call.

Sunday school president in the LDS Church does not give the lessons, he makes sure that the Gospel Doctrine (Adult Sunday School & Youth Sunday School), Gospel Principles (New Member Sunday School) are called. If any of them are going to be absent, then he finds substitutes. If he can't find any substitutes, then he decides if he is going to teach the class or double up on classes.

He also makes sure that the teachers have manuals, every member has a Study Guide, and also knows where to find the materials on LDS.org. He is also in charge of the Library.

He also schedules Teaching, No Greater Calling lessons, Temple Preparedness classes, on a need to have basis.

At the beginning of Gospel Doctrine class, he conducts. In-Other-Words, he asks that everyone take a seat and quiet down. Welcomes everyone, asks visitors and new members to the Ward to introduce themselves. Before the meeting starts he asks members to give the opening and closing prayers, which he announces after visitors/new members.

Sunday School is the only meeting where there is no opening & closing hymn. Personally I think there should be- think it would ready the members more.

So you see PC - this is a calling you would excel at. Delegate - ponder on members who have no callings to see if Father wishes they become teachers/librarians, then turn the names over to the Bishop for him to call.

All this is true. However I have a branch and in a branch there are no support ppl so yes he would teach. ;)

I've never been in a ward where the Sunday School President conducts the beginning of the Gospel Doctrine class. Most wards that I have been in have like a gospel doctrine "class president" who opens and asks for volunteers for the prayers.

All this is true. However I have a branch and in a branch there are no support ppl so yes he would teach. ;)

I am in a branch too- just depends on how many members there are.

We doubled in size back in May- so we are now at 160 members- 2/3 are active.

I've never been in a ward where the Sunday School President conducts the beginning of the Gospel Doctrine class. Most wards that I have been in have like a gospel doctrine "class president" who opens and asks for volunteers for the prayers.

Pam, my husband is the SS President in our Branch - he called the Stake, they emailed him the links to lds.org and to the CHI so he would know what he is and isn't to do.

For the last two Sundays, the Stake Presidency has been visiting- they took him aside and told him he is doing a wonderful job.

lol with the diversity in the branch I'm in now wondering if someone is speaking in tongues isn't an uncommon thought for me. lol The spirit is there and we love everyone, even if I have no idea what they just said.

Well when i was in the detroit branch testimony meeting had a lot of signs and visions ^_^

Primary Pres, counselor, music, you name it: Lizzy16

I'm tone deaf. Don't put me anywhere near music. People might actually stand up and leave when they're children start singing for the primary program.

YW Pres: lizzy

hahah. Why is this good for me? Techn. I should still be in young womens my self. I can't think of any reason they'd ever give a 17 year old a calling as YW president.

Primary Pres: Applepansy

1st Counselor: Lizzy16

Being in college surrounded by either young adults or middle aged professors all day has got me to feel quite uncomfortable around kids.

And to imagine I used to babysit all the time. I went to my cousins for Christmas and after 5 mins of playing leggos I about had it.

I'd prefer something like Ward cleaning assigner...or activities committee. Or, that person that arranges meals for the missionaries :)

• 1 year later...

Ward Reverence Child: Mordorbund

Lol.

Yay, 8 pages and I wasn't nominated once. I declare victory.

I'm pretty sure you're someone's RS presidency counselor.

Simple game: Imagine that the church forms the LDS.net ward and calls you as bishop. Who do you choose to be your counselors? Relief Society president? Young men president?

Since we're in fantasy land, you may feel free to ignore gender when placing people in callings. You may also adhere to the traditional structure if you like. Heck, if you want, go ahead and make two posts and mix and match!

Bishop: Wingnut

Counselors: Eowyn and Bini

Clerk: Dravin

Exec Sec: Anddenex

EQ Pres: Soulsearcher

HPGL: Rameumptom

Primary Pres: MorningStar

RS Pres: LiterateParakeet

Sunday School Pres: Vort

YM Pres: Suzie

YW Pres: Jenamarie

Lol.

I'm pretty sure you're someone's RS presidency counselor.

Bishop: Wingnut

Counselors: Eowyn and Bini

Clerk: Dravin

Exec Sec: Anddenex

EQ Pres: Soulsearcher

HPGL: Rameumptom

Primary Pres: MorningStar

RS Pres: LiterateParakeet

Sunday School Pres: Vort

YM Pres: Suzie

YW Pres: Jenamarie

LOL Are we changing the Bishopric for 2013? Or just the auxiliaries?

Ahhh I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcp5MjBxb8izCxTmElUAK-I3OeFZbBVIcHs2hE8Jdhwi0VKWcrAZjNL9-QOk we can give Vort the calling in the nursery.

Edited by ploomf
I can't spell and Vort is not called Nort, even though he should be. Because Nort sounds totally cooler than Vort.