Anyone here play online games with chat?

bcguy

I never have but wondering if there are good ones that may allow chat and also, are not boring ;) I would not mind jeprody type of games.

I tend to do my game chatting through Steam. It doesn't even have to be a Steam game, you can have Steam running in the background while you play something that isn't part of their catalog. Of course I'm not one for general chat, I tend to have an individual or small group chat going on. I tend towards voice chat though, if you want a fast paced text chat then steam can be a bit awkward as you have to access the dashboard when chatting.

I never have but wondering if there are good ones that may allow chat and also, are not boring ;) I would not mind jeprody type of games.

Battle nations

Star trek online.

World of warcraft (altho ill most likely be ending my subscription shortly as the software is outpacing the tech of my computer)

What is the guild name? Did you have an LDS guild with GW?

Its Mormon Battalion and they are on Yaks Bend

Mormon Battalion Gaming Community

Lots of nice guys and gals in that guild.

I used to play WOW with an LDS guild called Latter Day Soldiers but WOW just is too time consuming. I had several 80's and was working to 85. I recently quit playing SWTOR to pick up GW2. GW2 is absolutely gorgeous and very casual friendly (so much better on my family). My brother and I keep in touch (me in Florida, he if Washington) by playing a couple nights a week.

If you get on let me know. My main toons name is Vayne Wyndran.

ps. I never played GW. I heard that GW2 is very different.

Final Fantasy 11. :) I know a few LDS players but we are scattered in what we call linkshells, which are groups that play and chat together. I have been in linkshells that used a voice chat service but unless you live alone it is not really practical. The language was worse too so had to be constantly turning it off.

If you do a game with social chat groupings it probably would pay to be the leader so you have control over language and who is in it.

Its Mormon Battalion and they are on Yaks Bend

Mormon Battalion Gaming Community

Lots of nice guys and gals in that guild.

I used to play WOW with an LDS guild called Latter Day Soldiers but WOW just is too time consuming. I had several 80's and was working to 85. I recently quit playing SWTOR to pick up GW2. GW2 is absolutely gorgeous and very casual friendly (so much better on my family). My brother and I keep in touch (me in Florida, he if Washington) by playing a couple nights a week.

If you get on let me know. My main toons name is Vayne Wyndran.

ps. I never played GW. I heard that GW2 is very different.

Yep, I played with my Father GW, and he is currently playing GW2, and loves it. Two totally different games.

Once things calm down a bit, I am looking forward to play GW2, however with my schedule right now, I haven't even played GW in 10 months or more.

Is StarTrek online fun?

I like it, altho as with all MMOs its better as a social game than just doing it alone.

And as with all MMOs its continually evolving.. sometimes its fun improvements soemtimes its a step backwards. Altho being a trekkie probably goes a ways in helping swomeone like it or not XD.

Graphics wise it's been most accurate on how ships look.

its got two major parts;

space action which is like a tactical boardgame in realtime with some 3d element to it, and ground action which is more like how other MMOs play (like world of warcraft). In my opinion the space part is the fun part.

This game is also a freemium game, meaning while you can play it for free they have lots of things that will influence a person to use real cash to purchase items and services otherwise not available... however if someone plays the game long enough they can auction in the more difficult to obtain type currency for the type of currency you buy with real cash . So over time if one has the patience they can pretty much obtain all the store items if they wish.

This game also does have a lottery with it.

this game still has its fair share of bugs and shortcomings so over-all its probably about in the average range as MMOs go. It's got a lot of character customization and some ship customization for personalizing things.

• 3 months later...

I like it, altho as with all MMOs its better as a social game than just doing it alone.

And as with all MMOs its continually evolving.. sometimes its fun improvements soemtimes its a step backwards. Altho being a trekkie probably goes a ways in helping swomeone like it or not XD.

Graphics wise it's been most accurate on how ships look.

its got two major parts;

space action which is like a tactical boardgame in realtime with some 3d element to it, and ground action which is more like how other MMOs play (like world of warcraft). In my opinion the space part is the fun part.

This game is also a freemium game, meaning while you can play it for free they have lots of things that will influence a person to use real cash to purchase items and services otherwise not available... however if someone plays the game long enough they can auction in the more difficult to obtain type currency for the type of currency you buy with real cash . So over time if one has the patience they can pretty much obtain all the store items if they wish.

This game also does have a lottery with it.

this game still has its fair share of bugs and shortcomings so over-all its probably about in the average range as MMOs go. It's got a lot of character customization and some ship customization for personalizing things.

I run an LDS fleet called Army of Helaman on Star Trek Online, we @prynce and @destroyer4316 are always looking for players.

I run an LDS fleet called Army of Helaman on Star Trek Online, we @prynce and @destroyer4316 are always looking for players.

fed or kdf?

thanks :) I already have leadership positions in a fleet (Directive 010) @blackmarch

be happy to add ya to my friends list tho

And whats your fave ship?

Update----

No longer play WoW as it has left my computer behind.

got invited to battle pirates on FB by my bro in law... currently i'm in sector 302 as Blackmarch

Edited by Blackmarch

I play a game called Day of Defeat through an online game service. It's essentially a WWII based capture the flag game. Many of the servers don't control much of the language, but there are a few that do, and offer good game play too. I like them, and frequent them the most.

Loved that game. Do you play the one that uses half life 1 source or half life 2 source?