Thinking about just getting voting over with and chilling for two weeks

Backroads

Do you plan on voting early?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on voting early?

• No. I will continue to examine my opinions until Election Day.
    • Yes, I will be doing my voting early.
    • I already voted before I saw this poll. Beat that!
    • Haven't decided yet when or if I will be voting.
    • I don't even plan on voting.
    • I live in a country with no approaching election and just wanted to vote on the poll.

So a buddy on Facebook announced he had voted this morning and was encouraging those who can to do so. I said to myself "Backroads, you feel comfortable with your thoughts on the sample ballot and you despise Election Day crowds. You should just go get it done."

And I think I will at lunch.

Anyone else considering early voting?

How do you vote early?

I found my early voting location by liking on Facebook a presidential candidate. So you can always like him and find out that way :D

I don't know if it works as well for the other candidate (because I haven't tried....someone else may be able to report on that)

More than likely, you can visit either candidate's website and find out where your early voting locations are.

Edited by john doe
political candidate reference

We voted early, but live in California so I could have voted for (candidate deleted by moderator) and it would have made no difference. But at least I get the option to be called in for jury duty. Yeah!

We did donate some money to the campaign and fast offerings though :)

Edited by john doe

If you know how you are going to vote, why not do it now?

Do you think something will come up that will change you mind?

Sometimes I feel bad with all the politicians putting forth all this time & effort & money the last couple of weeks before the election & 2/3rds of my state being "Permenant Mail In Ballot" voters with voting -both mail-in & early voting- having started on October 15th.

That said, very rarely are we not already decided on the candidates when our ballots arrive.

Maybe we are just strongly opinionated people ....

Sometimes one of the state or county ballot issues holds us up as we haven't heard much about them & have to look them up & study them a little, but most years our ballots are filled out & ready to be dropped off or mailed in during the 3 or 4 days between when the ballots arrive & the 1st day they can be return postmarked.

In my county & state .....

Any vote without "presidential ballot measures" in my county is required "mail in".

In future elections that have no "presidential ballott measures" the entire state will be migrating to a mail-in ballot with the exception of a few scattered "statewide" voting booths. Some state law requires them to continue allowing in-person voting for presidential elections but nothing is said that the voting locations have to be conveinent, just available.

I suggested to DH that perhaps we would like to avoid the lines on election day and go and vote early. He says, he likes standing in line visiting with the neighborhood. He gets to see people that he doesn't ordinarily have a chance to see and catch up on their lives.

I'm not voting early simply because I'm still not certain who I want to vote for. I honestly don't like either of the candidates, so I'm trying to decide which one I think will do a "better" job than the other. Since the economy is the biggest concern right now, I'm heavily leaning toward one.... but there's just so much I disagree with and dislike about both- I'm finding myself wishing I could vote for whoever I actually want to be president instead of being stuck between choosing one of two people I think will do a crummy job of it.

We need to be REALLY careful that we don't start talking about the candidates.

Sorry- I know my post was kind of toeing the line there, but just couldn't think of how to say why I'm not voting early without expressing my little connundrum. I probably could have gone without posting it here at all though... I know this isn't the place to get into political discussions, especially about voting.