Bully education, Gay education, Sex education....

All_Apologies

Okay, so I'm sending my kids to public school every day and one of my children is in high school. He is required to take a class which isn't for credit and it covers a bunch of things like bully education and gay education.

What about reading, writing and arithmetic? I'm sending my child to school to learn this kind of stuff? Some may argue that parents don't teach the children all they need to know. But I say that I don't want my children to start seeing the school system and the state as their family instead of their actual family as their family. And, I don't really like the fact that it appears my children are being indoctrinated in public school with what the establishment wants them to believe. I feel I need to help my children unlearn some of the things they are taught in school.

Oh, I wish I could home school my children...But, thanks to the Rockefeller-funded women's "liberation" movement, I am now the primary breadwinner of my family and at this point I don't see a way for me to be able to Not work outside the home.

Public school = Epic Fail

Aaron Russo was a Hollywood music promoter and producer. He was friends with a Rockefeller. Check out what this Rockefeller said about Women's Lib....Rockefeller and the agenda behind Women's Lib:

Sigh. I homeschooled my son for 5 years.

I miss it like I miss my right arm.

Something to consider, however...

Many (36? 38?) states have a 'dual enrollment' program. This allows highschool students to take classes up at the community college for free up until they're 18 or graduated from highschool. (Still have to buy books). So the highschool student only attends highschool on a part time basis / has different grad requirements OR (lesser known fact) most community colleges offer 'high school completion' courses OR

(I promise, no knives for 19.99)

You CAN homeschool VIA the dual enrollment program.

This is what most HS'ers I know do in highschool. The kids EITHER use their CC transcript as their highschool transcript for applying into the Ivies OR simply pass Go (and she'll out significantly more than $200) and start their State University as a Junior. Using their AA/AAS/AS as their ticket to ride (no highschool diploma is needed after a 2 year degree, and its never needed if you cite 'Homeschooler'. They just want a portfolio or that AA/AAS/AS Transfer degree.

Just a thought.

Edited by BadWolf
Run on sentences make my eyes bleed. But they're hard to catch on my phone.

I spent a year as a substitute teacher. What I saw in the public indoctrination school system was not education. Lip service was paid to the basics, but those were only used to push a far left agenda. They have to be able to read if they're to read leftist and communist propaganda. I will do whatever it takes not to have to send any children I have to the public schools. Even if the education were good, which I don't think it is, the underlying ideology being pushed is vile, and it would be better to have a slightly inferior education, and not expose someone to either the ideology, or the mass of essentially feral people that make up a modern high school.

Okay, so I'm sending my kids to public school every day and one of my children is in high school. He is required to take a class which isn't for credit

Hmm...required to take a class but doesn't get credit for it? If it's not for credit would your child be able to just skip it? I would think parents should legally be able to sign a waiver for it.

Okay, so I'm sending my kids to public school every day and one of my children is in high school. He is required to take a class which isn't for credit and it covers a bunch of things like bully education and gay education.

What about reading, writing and arithmetic? I'm sending my child to school to learn this kind of stuff? Some may argue that parents don't teach the children all they need to know. But I say that I don't want my children to start seeing the school system and the state as their family instead of their actual family as their family. And, I don't really like the fact that it appears my children are being indoctrinated in public school with what the establishment wants them to believe. I feel I need to help my children unlearn some of the things they are taught in school.

Oh, I wish I could home school my children...But, thanks to the Rockefeller-funded women's "liberation" movement, I am now the primary breadwinner of my family and at this point I don't see a way for me to be able to Not work outside the home.

Public school = Epic Fail

Aaron Russo was a Hollywood music promoter and producer. He was friends with a Rockefeller. Check out what this Rockefeller said about Women's Lib....Rockefeller and the agenda behind Women's Lib:

We have removed religion from our public education systems - What you are experiencing is society coming to realize of how important religion (morals) really are to a stable society and in particular as part of our education system. Thus a religious adjustment (replacement) is taking place. The problem is that you do not happen to agree with the particular religion (morals) that is currently being taught. This is what happens when society forces a particular religion (morals). Someone disagrees. But I would submit that reinforcing morals (religion) is inevitable in society and the determining of which religion (morals) are enforced is what determines if a society is democratic, progressive or totalitarian.

The Traveler

Maybe I'll look into ways of homeschooling...

Yeah, it's just frustrating that it seems more and more time is taken up with noneducation. Plus, I read this book, and it really concerned me with what's going on in public education. The book is The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Iserbyte.

the deliberate dumbing down of america

Since your kid is already high school age, you can also use this opportunity to teach your kid to stand on his principles. It can be an exercise in being able to parse out his own morality out of what is taught in the classroom with your guidance. This can be a very valuable skill in college...

Since your kid is already high school age, you can also use this opportunity to teach your kid to stand on his principles. It can be an exercise in being able to parse out his own morality out of what is taught in the classroom with your guidance. This can be a very valuable skill in college...

It really is, especially if your child isn't in the church university system or attending a conservative religious college.

It might be good for them but peer pressure is pretty hard to fight in a class when the teacher is not on your side.

You might want to talk to your son and ask what his views are now. Ask how comfortable he feels going to a class espousing views he disagrees with. Ask if he wants you to try for a waiver. Some kids are more embarrassed by waivers than just gritting the teeth and going to the class.

If he does opt for the class discuss it with him often to see what is actually being taught. Whatever you do dont just let it pass and hope it will be ok. These courses are very intimidating to kids who disagree. Peer pressure is not an easy thing to go up river against.

It might be good for them but peer pressure is pretty hard to fight in a class when the teacher is not on your side.

You might want to talk to your son and ask what his views are now. Ask how comfortable he feels going to a class espousing views he disagrees with. Ask if he wants you to try for a waiver. Some kids are more embarrassed by waivers than just gritting the teeth and going to the class.

If he does opt for the class discuss it with him often to see what is actually being taught. Whatever you do dont just let it pass and hope it will be ok. These courses are very intimidating to kids who disagree. Peer pressure is not an easy thing to go up river against.

It gets worse in college... especially if you are on student housing... and moms are not as accessible in college as in high school...

What about reading, writing and arithmetic? I'm sending my child to school to learn this kind of stuff?

Do as my mom would do, they can't force you're student to learn that stuff. Write a note excusing your child from this class. My grandmother did that to my mother when they were taking sex education and my mother gave me the option.

Or call the school and yell at them telling you refuse to have your child in that class. Schools need to learn they don't rule over parents. Every school I have gone to fears my mom because shes got after them so many times.

If you're looking into HS'ing John Taylor Gatto's got some very interesting reading. John Taylor Gatto - Challenging the Myths of Modern Schooling

Particularly this short essay "The 7 Lesson Schoolteacher"

The Seven-Lesson Schoolteacher - By John Taylor Gatto, New York State Teacher of the Year, 1991 - informationliberation

A "Truth in Comedy" from "The Bitter Homeschooler's WishList" I kept on my fridge for years for whenever I needed a chuckle

Secular Homeschooling Magazine: The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

And then there's my personal favorite book (which could be alternately titled ADHD homeschool) "Homeschooling; Take a Deep Breath, You Can Do This" Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath-You Can Do This!:Amazon:Books

Best online forum source: yahoo groups. Just search _______ homeschool. (Secular, lds, Alabama/Alaska/Arizona/etc., ADHD/special needs/dyslexic, NYC/Austin/Peoria/aieia/etc, college bound, travel, curriculum, philosophy, ETC. thousands of groups, some extremely active, some not. Most -good ones- moderated. I was on 11 groups for several years. An international secular group about as active as here, down to a local firldtrip group that had a maybe 10 posts a month. Lol, each very useful in their own way. (Rocked getting $150 nutcracker tickets for $6 since 500 of us packed the theatre for a school matinee show!)

Lol... And last but not least: Two of the best general info places online

Homeschool Diner - Free Homeschool Resources - HomeschoolDiner.com

Homeschooling A2Z Home's Cool Curriculum, Laws, Programs, Friends

And then there's my personal favorite book (which could be alternately titled ADHD homeschool) "Homeschooling; Take a Deep Breath, You Can Do This" Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath-You Can Do This!:Amazon:Books

This book is what finally got me sold on homeschooling! Also, she doesn't ever specifically mention it, but you pick up a few "hints" here and there in the book (and I later confirmed ^_^ ) that the author is LDS! :)

Another great resource if you like forums is thewelltrainedmind.com: The Leading The Well Trained Mind Site on the Net

You don't have to be doing homeschooling the well-trained mind way to participate. There are ALL sorts of homeschoolers there: newbies, veterans, online schoolers, classical, unschooling, Christian, Pagan, Jewish, etc. etc. It's been an invaluable resource for me to get real-time answers from *real* people about my concerns and frustrations, and they can offer recommendations and reviews that can help you sift through the sea of curricula choices that are out there now for homeschoolers.