which words would you like to engrave on your ring?

yingjiesun

what kind of ring? graduation? wedding? other special occasion? mother's ring?

Graduation = "Reach for the stars"

Wedding = I actually had my husband's wedding band engraved

Mother's ring = Maybe significant dates, like a child's birthdate?

Mrs. Traveler had engraved on my ring - "My love is eternal". I have made it my own - and am also grateful to have learned that true love is not an emotion or a feeling but a commitment. Not because of the ring but because of her.

The Traveler

Okay... yingjiesun is like Ninja... starts a thread with one word and Psshaaww... smoke...

Google translates Psshaaww... smoke... as Psshaaww烟

So howee explain "Psshaaww"? :o

On a sadder note.... I lost my wedding ring years ago... um, twice! I've had 5 in 30 years. Funny though,... the current one has CTR on it.

Edited by Magen_Avot

Oh,... and by the way....

Ninja's are either Japanese or Middle Eastern Women. :D

Not anymore! It's the Asian version of Mah Niggah. So one black dude to the other they slap hands and say, "Wazzup, mah niggah!"... so one Asian dude to the other slap hands and say, "Wazzup, mah ninja!"... and then they look at people from India or Pakistan or Turkey and they can't quite tell if they're European or Asian... so, when they see middle-eastern people they slap hands and say, "Wazzup, mah sand ninja!".

:D

I also have a sad note... I gained so much weight I can't fit in my wedding ring anymore. So, I haven't been wearing it.

Sister Vort engraved "My Vort, my love, my best friend" on the inside of my wedding band for our fourth wedding anniversary.

You gave me an idea. Have “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." engraved on his ring. And on mine "Eternity is a long time. And I'll be perfect." (just to remind him when he looks at my ring) :animatedlol:

Ahhh... how sweet is that?

And 21+ years later, I'm still trying to decide how to return the favor. She is never -- NEVER -- separated from her ring for more than a few hours. Someday, I'll just have to bite the bullet, take the ring from her, and pretend I'm getting it "cleaned" or something.

And 21+ years later, I'm still trying to decide how to return the favor. She is never -- NEVER -- separated from her ring for more than a few hours. Someday, I'll just have to bite the bullet, take the ring from her, and pretend I'm getting it "cleaned" or something.

Take it while she's sleeping. Make her fret a while thinking she lost it... Then return it to her while she's sleeping... I can just imagine how this can be soooo romantic.

Disclaimer: That won't work for me because I'm just going to clobber my husband for giving me a freak out moment. Which is perfect because knowing my husband, he's just going to say, Give me your ring, I'm going to get it engraved with a special message. You'll have it back in 3 days. Yep. That's my husband. Totally straight shooter that one.

Take it while she's sleeping. Make her fret a while thinking she lost it... Then return it to her while she's sleeping... I can just imagine how this can be soooo romantic.

Disclaimer: That won't work for me because I'm just going to clobber my husband for giving me a freak out moment. Which is perfect because knowing my husband, he's just going to say, Give me your ring, I'm going to get it engraved with a special message. You'll have it back in 3 days. Yep. That's my husband. Totally straight shooter that one.

It wouldn't work with me. My ring is only off my finger once every 4-5 years when I need to get it cleaned and the points reinforced. And... I take it to the jeweler and pick it up. LOL

I would never get it off without waking her. And if I did, she would panic so badly that she would probably tear the room apart and not stop until it was found. Can't do that to her.