Occupation

Palerider

This has been on here before and thought it would be fun to do again.....

What is your line of work??

Time goes on and things change.....I was a Service Advisor at a RV Dealership for the past 10yrs......I have always commuted for work. Recently I took a job at a Ford Dealership as a Service Advisor and I now drive 7 miles to work and I go home for lunch. It's nice being close to home.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I retired about 4 years ago from working for a major airline. Luckily, I still have my flight benefits.

Right now, I'm a nanny for my son and his wife. I drive to their house Mon. thru Fri. and watch my granddaughters ( 2 and 4 years of age). I love it! My son and DIL work from their home office, but need someone to run interference with their girls so they can get some work done. I am paid for this, but I would do it for free if I could.

I retired about 4 years ago from working for a major airline. Luckily, I still have my flight benefits.

Right now, I'm a nanny for my son and his wife. I drive to their house Mon. thru Fri. and watch my granddaughters ( 2 and 4 years of age). I love it! My son and DIL work from their home office, but need someone to run interference with their girls so they can get some work done. I am paid for this, but I would do it for free if I could.

The best job ever.

Hmmm. Semi-Retired/Disabled.

Still farm though have shifted to less labor intensive systems/crops/livestock.

Still work as a volunteer 1st Responder EMT/Firefighter with a rural fire/rescue department.

Use to be a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) with a Federal Public Lands Management Agency ... When it became obvious to them that I had a progressive disabling condition they elected to force me into FMO (Fire Management Officer) position which 2 years later became on office job ... I was a field person!

I took medical retirement about 18-months after being forced into an office ... I was still physically capable of doing both the LEO & FMO jobs, my condition was not worsening, but good old "Uncle Sam" made things difficult because it was listed as a "diagnosis" in medical records, the realities didn't matter. I got tired of all the politics, so when they offered me the chance, I took it just to get out of the system I had found myself working in.

Packed up my family & we moved 1,000 miles to take over the farm that I had grown up on.