WAHOOOOOOOO I am getting baptised!

Meerkatarmy

They will provide you with a white jumpsuit - you just need to have something white to wear underneath.

Th service starts with a prayer and then a couple of people speaking on baptism and the Holy Ghost. You choose who speaks for these and also choose the hymns.

Then you have the baptism!! You can choose who performs the baptism.

After that, when you have changed, you have the opportunity to share your testimony if you wanted to. There will be another hymn and then the bishop will say a few words before closing prayer.

It's all very exciting!!!

I'm getting baptised this weekend!!

Here's a very rough outline of a baptismal program. It's very customizable: only the baptism part really needs to happen. The rest can vary depending on you and the missionaries think is best.

1) Those at the baptism will sing a hymn and someone will give an opening prayer.

2) One or more short talks may be given. These will almost always be about baptism

3) You'll be baptized by someone.

4) As you are drying off and changing, a Church movie or something might be played.

5) Once you are back, one or more talks may be given, usually about the Holy Ghost. It's also traditional for the Bishop or Branch President to speak here.

6) Those at the baptism will sing another hymn and someone will give a closing prayer. You'll generally get the Gift of the Holy Ghost the first Sacrament Meeting after you are baptized.

As far as white clothes go, you might not need to bring your own: sometimes the ward or stake will keep white baptismal clothes (freshly washed, of course) to provide to people who are being baptized. Ask your missionaries about this. Regardless, make sure you bring some Sunday Dress clothes to change into after your baptism.

Anyway, congrats! It's a happy occasion, so don't be afraid to invite your friends: everybody is invited to baptisms. :)

Congratulationsssssssssss! Thats so cool and the best news I heared today. I think its ok if you want to wear your own white clothes, then bring it along with you. But if you want the church has white jumpsuits of different sizes that you can use. The 22 is on a sat. So you and who ever you want to invite will be there (family, friends) and some from your ward might be there, and of course the missionaries. Their will be a little program opening song and prayer then someone will give a talk on being baptizted then u will go to the font and you will have witness watching you, youll be dunk your whole body has to be inmurged then u will take off your wet clothes put your dry ones on then there will be a talk on the Holy Ghost there will be a closing song and prayer, then you will probably receive the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting on sunday. and everyone will be so happy for you...If you want you can choice the songs you want, and the people to give the talks and prayers. The missionaries will help you.

They will provide you with a white jumpsuit - you just need to have something white to wear underneath.

Th service starts with a prayer and then a couple of people speaking on baptism and the Holy Ghost. You choose who speaks for these and also choose the hymns.

Then you have the baptism!! You can choose who performs the baptism.

After that, when you have changed, you have the opportunity to share your testimony if you wanted to. There will be another hymn and then the bishop will say a few words before closing prayer.

It's all very exciting!!!

I'm getting baptised this weekend!!

Rice your getting Baptised this coming weekend??? I thought you were a member already. Well congradulations to you as well, this is sooooo exciting!!!!!

:bearhug: sent for both of you!!!

From your sister in Florida

Can I bring my own white clothes?

Since you're asking "can I..." as opposed to "do I have to..." I'll touch briefly on this. If you have all-white clothes that you'd like to use, there's no reason that you can't. They should be thick enough that when soaking wet, they don't cling too closely or show normally-covered body parts. As mentioned, your underclothes should be white as well. You'll also want to bring dry underclothes to put on afterward. But the chapel should have a variety of white jumpsuits/coveralls that you can use. They'll pretty much all be the same except for size. Either the missionaries or a ward missionary or someone else typically launders them and the towels after baptisms.

Here's my suggestions for getting baptized.

1. Bring your own towel(s). You'll need at least one. But remember your hair will get wet too, so if you feel more comfortable, bring more than 1.

2. Bring dry underclothes. Make sure the ones you wear to be baptized in are white.

3. Bring a couple of plastic bags to hold your wet clothes/towels.

4. Bring a hairdryer or some way to fix your hair quickly. You will have time after the baptism to dry off and get clothed, but you won't be able to take a very long time as there will be people waiting for you.

5. Don't worry about the small stuff. Enjoy this moment and when you get home for the evening, remember to record your thoughts and feelings. There will be times in your life that you will have doubts or difficult times and reading these emotions will help strengthen you.

Congrats to you both!