Case against President Monson dismissed

pam

After much discussion and much consideration I'm going to allow a discussion on this subject.

That being said...any links to or references to anti sites and the thread will be closed down.

Let's keep the conversation civil. I also will not be allowing discussion on our original decision on this topic. Any references to that will also be deleted.

British judge rejects case, calls it an 'attack' on LDS | Deseret News

I don't know about any of you, but I'm shaking in my boots over his plans B, C, D, E, and F. </sarcasm>

I sort of am.

There are plenty of people out there who think the Church should go down, legally, on those kinds of grounds. When the mood of a society reaches a certain tipping point, history indicates that the judiciary will tend to switch sides. (Exhibit A).

I'm quietly relieved; but let's not make the mistake of thinking this is over.

I sort of am.

There are plenty of people out there who think the Church should go down, legally, on those kinds of grounds. When the mood of a society reaches a certain tipping point, history indicates that the judiciary will tend to switch sides. (Exhibit A).

I'm quietly relieved; but let's not make the mistake of thinking this is over.

There are extreme cases in which criminals use the covering of religiosity to commit crimes. However, I lean heavily on the side of liberty and "hands-off" when it comes to governments and judiciaries interfering with the affairs of houses of worship.

I don't understand why this case had to be such a big deal. The case was obviously frivolous and without foundation, so I think we'd all be better off if the case was just dismissed without fanfare. All we're doing is giving this guy the attention he probably wanted out of all this anyway.

In our world of easy information and stupid people, getting noticed often is all some people need.

I saw some hoax someone invented about Facebook banning religious talk and pages and etc and it got near 12 000 shares.

Now I don't think this one guy will do anything but complain, and accomplish very little, reading that whole thing... when did that ever seem like a good idea to the guy?!

It's kind of true!

My husband and I often marvel at how bizarre other Christian denominations are in comparison to we Mormons, but when you really think about it...

Religious people are weird!

Yeah religion is weird. My friends, who are largely athest, can't even imagine how people can believe in a God, much like some of you I imagine can't comprehend how someone doesn't believe in a God

To you, the answers are all there-especially in a church that goes out and tells people that. I remember talking to a missionary about that,

After much discussion and much consideration I'm going to allow a discussion on this subject.

That being said...any links to or references to anti sites and the thread will be closed down.

Let's keep the conversation civil. I also will not be allowing discussion on our original decision on this topic. Any references to that will also be deleted.

British judge rejects case, calls it an 'attack' on LDS | Deseret News

I started a thread on this topic today (which is probably your last night) as I was unaware that this thread existed. I actually did a search on it but I guess I used the wrong key words to get a result.

I'm obviously not privy to the moderators' discussions and the 'inner circle' that exists here at this site, so the comments about anti-sites in the first post seem a bit cryptic to an 'outsider' reader like me looking in. Maybe someone posted some inappropriate links to do with this topic, but it sure wasn't me.

I did not make any links to anti-mormon websites in my other thread - let me be clear that I never would.

I posted the link to the Deseret News story, which had a very favourable article about this issue.

I was interested in the first place, because some weeks ago I received anti-mormon SPAM in my email, addressed to me, my young home teacher and a member of our bishopric. The email subject gave the impression that it was from a church member, but when I opened it there was links to the subject of this thread. I was curious about whether anyone else had received anti-mormon SPAM of this nature. I'm more concerned about the fact that my teenage home teacher who is still in high school received the email and links and is probably in a bit of a head-spin since I'm fairly confident he's never seen anti sites before.

Then today I was browsing the news and saw the results of the court case (which I actually thought was a hoax story in the email), so decided to post and see if anyone else had the same experience.

Can I also add that I have no problem with anyone simply deleting any thread I start that refers to an issue that's already been discussed.

I'm more concerned about the fact that my teenage home teacher who is still in high school received the email and links and is probably in a bit of a head-spin since I'm fairly confident he's never seen anti sites before.

Are you sure? Most teenagers are pretty savvy online, and I'd hazard a guess and say that most lds teens have viewed at least one or two anti-lds websites at some point, whether intentionally or accidentally. It can be difficult to avoid them if you spent a lot of time online.

When I was 14, I could give you the names of all the well known anti-lds websites that existed at the time, simply because I was curious and loved to compare them to pro lds arguments, like on fairlds.org.

Nope.

I mean I, like anyone sitting in front of a computer, is only two clicks away from such stuff. But to date, none of it has sought me out personally.

Same, it's the first time it's ever happened to me though. I have no idea how someone came up with the combination of our three names. Today some other local members said they had also received emails, so I think it's someone who is on a member mailing list who has perhaps since gone less-active and/or apostate.

I wish people would use BCC for mailing lists...I dread to think what other SPAM is going to come my way now that my email address is out there. I might just change it to a new one.