Why is there a "crazy" switch with single adults in our faith?

Vagabond80

Guest MormonGator
23 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

If this guy can get married twice there is no excuse for anyone.

Omega, quit posting pictures of me please. 

13 hours ago, thoughts said:

Another thing is that people should have the courage to go out on three dates and then decide whether or not there is enough to proceed further.   A mid-singles guy who dates the same person more than three times for companionship or sociality (and/or kisses the person), rather than for finding someone or becoming someone, gives a woman of that age the wrong impression of the relationship. 

I would agree partially; the key is open and honest communication.  I've continued "dating" women well beyond three dates when it wasn't progressing, but that was after a real DTR talk, so we both knew exactly where we stood.  Frankly, it was a simple situation; we enjoyed dating each other a lot more than just hanging out together or doing things alone, but that was pretty much it.  

The most recent, yes, we always at least kissed good night.  We also continued with the full understanding that "we" would be low priority; neither of us would allow dating each other to interfere with dating others that might progress effectively.  She's now remarried, (and in spite of being Baptist, I think she has most Mormon girls beat on the "meet and marry quickly" thing this time) so no more making out, but we're still good friends.  Her husband knows the full story, and isn't concerned in the least, because we're about as aware as two people who still enjoy each other's company can be that nothing romantic would work out between us.