Why is there a "crazy" switch with single adults in our faith?

Vagabond80

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Ironhold said:

Fun fact: Sandy Peterson, the guy who designed 1/3rd of the total levels in "Doom" and "Doom II", is a member of the church. 

OMG! I love that game. I still know all the codes, and can beat it on all four difficulty levels not using them. 

1 hour ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

No we shouldn't change who we are unless we find that it is holding us back in some way and we WANT to change. 

Well, if I can reiterate what @estradling75 said.  

If we continually find ourselves in the same situation, then we really need to do some introspection and ask, "Am I doing something that keeps putting me in this situation?"

Or

"Am I not doing enough to avoid this situation?"

The trouble is that it's too easy to blame the other guy.  And ofttimes we don't see the connection between our actions and the actions of others.

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

OMG! I love that game. I still know all the codes, and can beat it on all four difficulty levels not using them. 

Do you play it on your console or on your phone like Candy Crush? One version is "video gaming" but the other is just "video gaming".

Guest MormonGator
16 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Do you play it on your console or on your phone like Candy Crush? One version is "video gaming" but the other is just "video gaming".

Console. I have it for several of them. 

Guest MormonGator

Perhaps it's less about self validation and more about letting everyone know you can have different interests and there is nothing wrong with it. Almost all of us get our "self-worth" from Christ. 

14 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

You need a pie weight if you want the crust to really turn out well

You know, I always wondered about Mary Poppin's "pie-crust-promise" saying.  She obviously never tried to make pie-crust from scratch.

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You know, I always wondered about Mary Poppin's "pie-crust-promise" saying.  She obviously never tried to make pie-crust from scratch.

Frankly, I just use Keebler brand if I don't simply get a pie that's pre-made. 

Keebler is one of several brands affiliated with Kellogg's, and so most of their products are eligible for the Kellogg's Family Rewards program: https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/home.html

Not only does Kellogg's offer a large quantity of coupons via their website and their frequent e-mails, you can use the points you get from buying product to either purchase more coupons or purchase merchandise from their store. I use the points to get codes that let me legally download music from an affiliated website; this is letting me replace some of my old, worn vinyl and audio cassettes for free. 

I grew up on a delicious and incredibly easy crustless zucchini quiche. You don't miss the crust, I promise. (Crust is just lard and starch, and we don't need more of that.)

4 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Frankly, I just use Keebler brand if I don't simply get a pie that's pre-made. 

Keebler is one of several brands affiliated with Kellogg's, and so most of their products are eligible for the Kellogg's Family Rewards program: https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/home.html

Not only does Kellogg's offer a large quantity of coupons via their website and their frequent e-mails, you can use the points you get from buying product to either purchase more coupons or purchase merchandise from their store. I use the points to get codes that let me legally download music from an affiliated website; this is letting me replace some of my old, worn vinyl and audio cassettes for free. 

Too bad Mary Poppins didn't have Keebler elves... or did she??? <<cue mysterious music>>

4 hours ago, Vagabond80 said:

@Carborendum

But I thought she was practically perfect in every way?  But if you don't believe her, you can always youtube Fanny Cradock.

That's what you get for believing in Disney.:P

I'm not familiar with Fanny. So I youtubed her like you suggested.  I couldn't find one with pie-crust.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Or Sherry Bobbins.

Her neither ... on both counts.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Sherry Bobbins is a Simpsons reference, I believe. 

Ahh.  

Well, a real life Sherry Bobbins apparently has a couple of youtube videos on cooking.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Ahh.  

Well, a real life Sherry Bobbins apparently has a couple of youtube videos on cooking.

Carb, dude. Get with the program. We need lesson in pop culture here. 

(playing, playing) 

On 3/20/2016 at 4:59 PM, Ironhold said:

That's why right now I'm just trying to save to get the money to relocate elsewhere. If I can't get more hours, if not a different job, then it'll be my only option. Until then, I'm stuck living with family. 

Might as well get the Zoloft started now; it takes time to get your levels up to the "coastal city" norm.

DROP

One reason that all the women you know past 30 are "cray cray" could be because of what you attract and/or how you handle relationships.    It is always useful when you observe a pattern in your relationships to figure out what part you have to play in that negative pattern.

Another thing is that people should have the courage to go out on three dates and then decide whether or not there is enough to proceed further.   A mid-singles guy who dates the same person more than three times for companionship or sociality (and/or kisses the person), rather than for finding someone or becoming someone, gives a woman of that age the wrong impression of the relationship.