The Millennium

mordorbund

Who lives on the earth during the Millennium? Are there any scriptures or quotes to back up your idea?

I ask because elsewhere I've shared my opinion a few times, and invariably someone tells me they have a different understanding. So I'm asking for quotes that I may be missing.

36 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Who lives on the earth during the Millennium? Are there any scriptures or quotes to back up your idea?

I ask because elsewhere I've shared my opinion a few times, and invariably someone tells me they have a different understanding. So I'm asking for quotes that I may be missing.

Everyone who gets saved.

7 minutes ago, zil said:

So, I'm gonna say there will be at least one lamb and one lion. :P

And I'll add a wolf and calf. :D

2 Nephi 30:12 And then shall the wolf dwell with the lamb; and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf, and the young lion, and the fatling, together; and a little child shall lead them.

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

Who lives on the earth during the Millennium? Are there any scriptures or quotes to back up your idea? ...

I hadn't thought much about this recently, and so you caused me to think about it, and I'm pondering what I read on lds.org https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-45-the-millennium?lang=eng  The following caught my attention:

Because of the destruction of the wicked at the Savior’s Second Coming, only righteous people will live on the earth at the beginning of the Millennium. They will be those who have lived virtuous and honest lives. These people will inherit either the terrestrial or celestial kingdom.

... immortal beings will frequently visit the earth. These resurrected beings will help with the government and other work.  ...

People will still have their agency, and for a time many will be free to continue with their religions and ideas. Eventually everyone will confess that Jesus Christ is the Savior.

I realize I haven't complied with your request for scriptural references. However, I'm interested to know whether you find the above interesting. I do. 

I did.  And I'm having a hard time believing that a two-legged dragon with a cock's head will be living in the Millenium.

But fear not, dear ink muse.  The time is upon us when we shall all envy Lord @MormonGator and @LadyGator.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/cockatrice/

the mediaeval name (a corruption of "crocodile") 

Now I wonder what "mediaeval" is supposed to mean.:lol:

To quote the black grimoire of death:

"The first resurrection ushers in the millennium – many persons have already come forth from the grave in the resurrected and glorified bodies.  Righteous that lived from the day of Adam to the day of Christ were with him in his resurrection. (Matt. 27:52–53; D&C 133:54-55: hela. 14:25.) To us, however, The first resurrection, the resurrection of the just, will come with the return of our Lord and the commencement of his millennial reign. 

'Yea, And blessed are the dead that died in the Lord, From henceforth, when the Lord shall come, and all things shall pass away, and all things become new, they shall rise from the dead and shall not die after, and shall receive an inheritance before the Lord, in the holy city.' (D&C 63:49.)

Non-members of church during millennium – since all who are living at least a terrestrial law – the law of honesty, uprightness, and integrity – will be able to abide the day of our Lord's coming, There will be non-members of the church on earth during the millennium. (Doctrines of Salvation, volume one, page 86–87; volume three, Page 63–64.)

Destruction of wickedness as millennium commences– Incident to the commencement of the millennial era, the earth (the Lords vineyard) will be burned. Every corruptible thing will be consumed. (D&C 101:24);  all the proud and very that do wickedly shall be burned out stubble (Mal  4:1; D&C 29:9; 64:23–25; 133:63–64); the sinners will be destroyed (Isa  13:9–14); and there will be an entire separation of the righteous and the wicked. (D&C 63:54.) Those only [who shall abide] that day [are those] who are worthy to live on a Paradisical or terrestrial sphere."

– Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed.

Edited by Snigmorder
Fixed dictation errors

11 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

Those only [who shall abide] that day [are those] who are worthy to live on a paradoxical are terrestrial sphere."

I don't think that's what he wrote.;)

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Carborendum said:
19 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

Those only [who shall abide] that day [are those] who are worthy to live on a paradoxical are terrestrial sphere."

I don't think that's what he wrote.;)

Or the editor for the Second Edition fell asleep.

3 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

Everyone who gets saved.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I hadn't thought much about this recently, and so you caused me to think about it, and I'm pondering what I read on lds.org https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-45-the-millennium?lang=eng  The following caught my attention:

I realize I haven't complied with your request for scriptural references. However, I'm interested to know whether you find the above interesting. I do. 

31 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

To quote the black grimoire of death:

"The first resurrection ushers in the millennium – many persons have already come forth from the grave in the resurrected and glorified bodies. Right she is saying to live from the day of Adam to the day of Christ were with him in his resurrection. (Matt. 27:52–53; D&C 133:54-55: hela. 14:25.) To us, however, The first resurrection, the resurrection of the just, will come with the return of our Lord and the commencement of his millennial reign. 

'Yea, And blessed are the dead that died in the Lord, From henceforth, when the Lord shall come, and all things shall pass away, and all things become new, they shall rise from the dead and shall not die after, and shall receive an inheritance before the Lord, in the holy city.' (D&C 63:49.)

Non-members of church during millennium – since all who are living at least a terrestrial law – the law of honesty, uprightness, and integrity – will be able to abide the day of our Lord's coming, There will be non-members of the church on earth during the millennium. (Doctrines of Salvation, volume one, page 86–87; volume three, Page 63–64.)

Destruction of wickedness as millennium commences– Incident to the commencement of the millennial era, the earth (the Lords vineyard) will be burned. Every corruptible thing will be consumed. (D&C 101:24);  all the proud and very that do wickedly shall be burned out stubble (Mal  4:1; D&C 29:9; 64:23–25; 133:63–64); the sinners will be destroyed (Isa  13:9–14); and there will be an entire separation of the righteous and the wicked. (D&C 63:54.) Those only [who shall abide] that day [are those] who are worthy to live on a paradoxical are terrestrial sphere."

I'm hearing that there will be animals, member and non-members who live at least a terrestrial law.

Will resurrected (terrestrial or celestial) people also live here?

2 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

I'm hearing that there will be animals, member and non-members who live at least a terrestrial law.

If there are animals, I sure hope there aren't any mosquitoes.  They're the unadulterated spawn of the devil.  Why locusts were used instead of mosquitoes as the symbol of death during the apocalypse, I'll never know.  They have mosquitoes in the Middle East, don't they?

8 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

That's a good question, I'm not well read enough to answer that or to know where to look. But here's my guess. Since the millennium is still an age of the earth, I would assume those resurrected with Christ Will stay in heaven and those resurrected at the second coming will be the ones who live in the earth during the millennium, and I would assume they have children during this time as well.

At the end of the millennium there will be the battle of the Great God wherein Satan has gotten his foot back into the door and is rounding up as many people as he can possibly get in the millennial earth and Michael gathers his host. And then I guess they duke it out.

As for animals, I see no reason why there wouldn't be.

Edited by Snigmorder

14 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

I read that Jospeh Smith said that immortal beings will frequently visit the earth. These resurrected beings will help with the government and other work. (See Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 268.) --lds.org (ibid)

Edited by Mike

Just now, Rob Osborn said:

29 For in mine own due time will I come upon the earth in judgment, and my people shall be redeemed and shall reign with me on earth.
30 For the great Millennium, of which I have spoken by the mouth of my servants, shall come. (D&C 43:29-30)

I said prove it.