You know what must be weird?

Sunday21

You know what must be weird? Imagine being a church authority. Admired and respected in lds surroundings and then attending a multifaith conference where they feel we are not Christians or ...have horns.

A talk by Boyd K Packer

Several years ago, Sister Packer and I went to Oxford University. We were looking for the records of my seventh great-grandfather. The head of Christ’s College at Oxford, Dr. Poppelwell, was kind enough to have the college archivist bring the records. There in the year 1583 we found my ancestor’s name, John Packer.

The following year we returned to Oxford to present a beautifully bound set of the standard works for the library at Christ’s College. It seemed a bit awkward for Dr. Poppelwell. Perhaps he thought we were not really Christians. So he called for the college chaplain to receive the books.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/the-reason-for-our-hope?lang=eng

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, person0 said:

That's almost as weird as the pineapple must feel when it shows up on my slice of pizza.  :D

The biggest arguments in the history of the internet aren't about politics or religion.  

They are about if pineapples belong on a pizza. 

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

The biggest arguments in the history of the internet aren't about politics or religion.  

They are about if pineapples belong on a pizza. 

This debate may potentially end my marriage.

27 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Haven't spent much time on the gun forums have you?

Or the time my sister-in-law mentioned getting a new gun in front of my anti--gun mom and new brother-in-law said he would go shooting with her because he had a huge gun collection and my brother asking what a good gun would be to buy because he lives in inner city Ogden... Poor anti-gun mom.

Edited by Backroads

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Backroads said:

This debate may potentially end my marriage.

Well, you ended our marriage over my addiction to Perrier. So I'm not surprised. 

1 hour ago, Backroads said:

Still sitting on the laundry room shelf.

Man, here I thought you were innocent little Backroads.  But here you are whipping Gator into shape.  That's quite a tongue you've got, missy!  Look at you!

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Fact of Life #1236:  Pineapples on pizza is like Mentos on Coke.  It just makes the thing that much more exciting.

I'll retell a story I've already told.

I served my mission in Italy. I was first a senior companion in Cagliari, on the south coast of the island of Sardinia. Six elders lived in an apartment near to a small pizza restaurant, where we would occasionally eat. One day, after talking with my companion about Hawaiian pizzas, I took a small can of crushed pineapple to the pizza restaurant and asked that they make a pizza with ham on it (not that unusual), and also put the pineapples on it. They asked me a half-dozen questions to make sure they understood what I wanted, then sort of held their breath while they took my money and made the pizza. When it was done, literally the whole staff came to watch it get pulled out of the oven. I asked if anyone wanted a taste, but they all said, "Oh, no, that's okay, we're good." And yes, it was absolutely delicious, the perfect marriage of authentic Italian pizza perfection and sweet American irreverence.

24 minutes ago, Vort said:

I served my mission in Italy. I was first a senior companion in Cagliari, on the south coast of the island of Sardinia. Six elders lived in an apartment near to a small pizza restaurant, where we would occasionally eat. One day, after talking with my companion about Hawaiian pizzas, I took a small can of crushed pineapple to the pizza restaurant and asked that they make a pizza with ham on it (not that unusual), and also put the pineapples on it. They asked me a half-dozen questions to make sure they understood what I wanted, then sort of held their breath while they took my money and made the pizza. When it was done, literally the whole staff came to watch it get pulled out of the oven. I asked if anyone wanted a taste, but they all said, "Oh, no, that's okay, we're good." And yes, it was absolutely delicious, the perfect marriage of authentic Italian pizza perfection and sweet American irreverence.

That story makes me happy despite my opinion of Hawaiian pizza being an abomination. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Backroads said:

That story makes me happy despite my opinion of Hawaiian pizza being an abomination. 

In all seriousness, pineapples on a pizza are totally unappealing to me. It really is gross. 

5 minutes ago, Backroads said:

I have no problem with the pineapple.  I just don't get the ham.

Back in France, we used to eat pizza with a poached egg in the middle! And we would use a fork and a knife to do it too!

Delicious.  I ate three of these things on "slump day"

Edited by DoctorLemon

48 minutes ago, Vort said:

Man, that would have been a sight to see.  All that breathless excitement!  Although, I don't like ham on my Hawaiian.  I want pepperoni and pineapple.  Yep.  Went to a raggedy pizza place boasting "New York Style" on the front window when the place was in nowheretown New Jersey.  I order pepperoni and pineapple pizza with extra cheese and he laughed so hard I thought he was going to get a heart attack.  Anyway, he was finally able to eek out that they don't serve pineapple on their pizza.  Poor New Yorkers.  They are so deprived.