Carol Lynn Pearson's book

jewels8

1 hour ago, jewels8 said:

you hypocrite, you criticize God every day when you sin.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what hypocrisy means. It certainly isn't about refraining telling someone that their view of one of God's commandments is mistaken unless you're perfect.

Speaking the truth of the many men who show that they have low morals and low respect of womanhood does not mean that I have a low opinion of all men.  It is not Christ-like to exaggerate when someone is making a point.  I am sorry if you took it out of proportion.  That was not my intent.  But he was way out of line.

c'mon, let's face it, when do men ever apologize without being asked? at least usually, its seen in many instances in many people;s lives, sadly lacking

You just contradicted yourself here.

Honestly, jewel8, I think you are getting waaaay obsessive and can't keep up with your feelings anymore that you're just blasting projections all over the place regardless of who you hit with it.

I really feel sorry for his wife.

but then maybe he just comes across that way to me and isn't always like that.

Maybe my wife isn't consumed with paranoia and self-centered determination to be offended by anyone who stands firmly behind God's teachings and principles that might make her uncomfortable -- and maybe she's mature enough in the first place to actually support the idea of willingly submitting to anything the Lord would ask her to do, and thirdly, maybe...just maybe...I'm less diplomatic with some random stranger on the internet than I am with my wife. And maybe my wife isn't the type of person who would EVER dare tell someone that she's sorry for their spouse because she'd understand that such comments are juvenile at best.

1 hour ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Nine of your last twelve posts seem to constitute a conversation between yourself and . . . yourself.  Are you on a shared account?

There's this movie called Split... It kinda gave me that same feeling.  

2 hours ago, jewels8 said:

And it is men who want sex and want more then one wife..  It is men who want polygamy.  I have heard a bishop say about something else that he does not do guilt.  Shaming people is not of God.  Take your own advice.  Grow up.  Accept that women find polygamy hard.  Accept that you are a man who probably likes sex too much and probably is not patient enough, not charitable enough, and probably isn't selfless enough to understand and be able to keep one wife happy enough, let alone to be allowed to have two or more, and that if you don't repent  of whatever lusts you as a male have, you will not make it either.  I really have nothing else to say.  I apologize for my rudeness.  But as for you being a man, i can hardly think you will , in your male analytical mind, see a need to apologize for your rude behavior.

You are not perfect.  You should look to your own perfections and not tell me what to do. You have no right.  You are no prophet.  You are just a man, a imperfect man.  You have said that you are married   Do you really love your wife?  How would you feel if you had to share your wife with another man?  Are there any insecurities you have about your manhood, your ability to provide, your looks, your personality, etc.  How would you feel when she went to bed with him?  How would you feel when she was pregnant with his child?  How would you feel when she held his baby?  How would you feel when he was better looking than you?  Had a better job then you?  Made her happier than you?  Spent more time with her than you?  How would that make you feel?  Anyways, I think you could learn to be more sensitive about this subject and that would be pleasing to the Lord.  It is wrong to be rude and blunt about it.  Sometimes some people can't seem to see the forest for the trees.  I'm sorry if I have been offensive, but I am tired of uncharitable people posing as God.

I've had enough of this. Your defensive posturing is leading you to insult. You definitely have a very low opinion of men and it reeks of sociopathic and narcissistic behavior.

I know all too well how a woman obsessed with sex can destroy her life and alienate herself from all those around her. Sex and the obsession thereof is not a male-only vice. I've had to deal with the repercussions of such for over 12 years.

As for you suggesting that TFP is obsessed with sex, doesn't love his wife and is insensitive to her feelings is way out of line and I won't stand for it. And before you come at me, I've known both he and his wife for 19 years and they are among my closest friends. There are just a few that I would entrust my son's life with and whom I respect more highly than he and his wife. 

I don't care how you take this but for you to respond by casting insults to support your argument shows weakness in it. You have an opinion about polygamy, fine, I don't care. Polygamy has absolutely nothing to do with my personal salvation at this moment in time. As President Nelson put it at the news conference earlier this month, man's ways are not God's ways. Who are you or I to judge what is or isn't the reason He commands it?

Keep your argument on point. If you choose to insult or suggest something about someone you do not know, take it somewhere else!

3 hours ago, jewels8 said:

I apologize for coming across as harsh.  It is too bad that there are these kinds of things at all that exist in the hearts of evil people.(for ex.  prostititution and adultery)

Even though you seem like a very nice person, it is also too bad that you missed my point.

Thanks, -Wade Engund-

As far as emotionally, it really is essentially the same thing. 

Tell me, if you lived with your husband and an adult daughter would it be a problem? What if he spent time with her, played cards, watched TV, went out to eat, and loved her dearly, as any father would with their daughter? Problem? Of course not. The only thing you'd have a problem with is if the adult woman in the home was sleeping with your husband too. People's problem with polygamy is all about sex. Always has been. Always will be.

And as I've stated, though I'm sure you ignored it, I understand how that could be difficult in mortality. It would be for me. I don't relish the idea of sharing my wife (though, as I've stated, I would if commanded).

But you're applying sex to the eternities.

Can you take a moment to stop and actually think about that? ...use your brain?

Do you imagine that if God lives with plural wives that heaven is some sort of huge celestial orgy or something? Really?

So how does that work?

We assume that because we procreate with the physical act of sex in mortality that God must do the same?

Really?

Think.

Do we claim that God must have used hammers and saws to create the earth because that's how we build things.

How would it even work...biologically? In mortality physical sperm joins with physical egg to make physical embryo that grows to physical baby that grows to be physical humans. So celestial sperm joins with celestial egg to make SPIRITUAL embryo? Really? Does that make any sense? And then they...grow? Do they keep growing...or do the just grow for the first 20 years or so and then stay that way forever?

So if no, then what is the actual physical act of love-making for in the eternities? Lustful, carnal pleasure alone? Does that sound like God? If there is a "sex drive" in the eternities? To what end? In mortality the drive is primarily biologically for procreation. But does God need to be "driven" externally to be about His work and His glory? Does He need an external physical "drive" pushing him to act in ways that he might otherwise, selfishly, avoid to the peril of the human race? Okay...so it's also for bonding? Does God need sex for bonding? Can he not love His wife(s) fully without physically bonding with her to satisfy a carnal drive? Is His wife(s) too insecure to feel truly loved without a physical expression of that love? Are eternal, perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful beings selfish, mortal, insecure, poor at communicating, lazy, weak, etc., requiring an external force bearing upon them so they'll actually engage in their marriage and procreate therein?

And then...what? ...the women in the spiritual kingdom walk around permanently pregnant when they're not engaged in the celestial love-making? And how does that work? Does the spirit baby make their belly's round? Do they have to deliver it through the birthing canal? Or does it just float out when ready?

Really?

I mean...really, really?

You are talking about eternal things as if you understand ANYTHING about the nature of them. You don't. I don't. We don't.

How's about instead you just appreciate the fact that you don't have to be burdened with the petty jealousies that you would clearly face if you had to take it upon yourself to live in a plural marriage in mortality, and let the eternities be, trusting that God knows what He's doing, and means it when He says that if we are willing to submit to His will not matter what that may be that it will be a fullness of joy, whether we understand it now or not?

Probably a good plan.

Edited by The Folk Prophet

23 minutes ago, Crash said:

I've had enough of this. Your defensive posturing is leading you to insult. You definitely have a very low opinion of men and it reeks of sociopathic and narcissistic behavior.

I know all too well how a woman obsessed with sex can destroy her life and alienate herself from all those around her. Sex and the obsession thereof is not a male-only vice. I've had to deal with the repercussions of such for over 12 years.

As for you suggesting that TFP is obsessed with sex, doesn't love his wife and is insensitive to her feelings is way out of line and I won't stand for it. And before you come at me, I've known both he and his wife for 19 years and they are among my closest friends. There are just a few that I would entrust my son's life with and whom I respect more highly than he and his wife. 

I don't care how you take this but for you to respond by casting insults to support your argument shows weakness in it. You have an opinion about polygamy, fine, I don't care. Polygamy has absolutely nothing to do with my personal salvation at this moment in time. As President Nelson put it at the news conference earlier this month, man's ways are not God's ways. Who are you or I to judge what is or isn't the reason He commands it?

Keep your argument on point. If you choose to insult or suggest something about someone you do not know, take it somewhere else!

I am no where near a socio path and narcissist, but maybe you are for thinking it.  .    Perhaps you should keep such uncharitable satanic thoughts to yourself

26 minutes ago, Crash said:

take your stuff somewhere else

I wish I could remember the name of the man whom Joseph Smith was explicitly instructed by the Lord to command that he take a second wife. It wasnt a suggestion, it was a commandment. The man (one of the church's future leaders) was so distraught that he could not eat or sleep. He was told in his patriarchal blessing that he and his wife would never be separated, so how could he be commanded to do such a thing? That's what he thought, anyway.

For days he could not sleep or eat and his wife could not get him to tell her why. So, she went before the Lord and was told by the Holy Ghost about her husband's command to take another wife. She straightaway went to her husband and told him that it was ok and that he must do as the Lord commanded.

Doesn't appear to be any obsession with sex and his wife had solid faith that the Lord commanded it. I wonder, too, how did Joseph feel at first when he learned that his virgin wife was pregnant and it wasn't his son? 

That's a rhetorical question to prove my point that man's ways are not God's ways.

2 minutes ago, Crash said:

I wish I could remember the name of the man whom Joseph Smith was explicitly instructed by the Lord to command that he take a second wife. It wasnt a suggestion, it was a commandment. The man (one of the church's future leaders) was so distraught that he could not eat or sleep. He was told in his patriarchal blessing that he and his wife would never be separated, so how could he be commanded to do such a thing? That's what he thought, anyway.

For days he could not sleep or eat and his wife could not get him to tell her why. So, she went before the Lord and was told by the Holy Ghost about her husband's command to take another wife. She straightaway went to her husband and told him that it was ok and that he must do as the Lord commanded.

Doesn't appear to be any obsession with sex and his wife had solid faith that the Lord commanded it. I wonder, too, how did Joseph feel at first when he learned that his virgin wife was pregnant and it wasn't his son? 

That's a rhetorical question to prove my point that man's ways are not God's ways.

I am not obsessed with the sex, it is wrong for you all to say so.  Heber C. Kimball was commanded to take a 2nd wife and the Prophet Joseph told him he could not tell his wife, Vilate.  Heber wanted Vilate to know and prayed for her to know and she received a vision to know.  She was shown a vision where she was shown.  This account was given in The Work and The Glory Series by Gerald Lund.  I really think you all shouldn't be so quick to judge.  You all really don't live your religion.

2 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

I am no where near a socio path and narcissist, but maybe you are for thinking it.  .    Perhaps you should keep such uncharitable satanic thoughts to yourself

Again, you're resorting to insults. I've had way too much experience with a textbook sociopath and narcissist than I'd care to and your response and insults are EXACTLY the type of response and insults that come from one. Your reply to my post is childish and continues to weaken your position.

Just now, jewels8 said:

I am not obsessed with the sex, it is wrong for you all to say so.  Heber C. Kimball was commanded to take a 2nd wife and the Prophet Joseph told him he could not tell his wife, Vilate.  Heber wanted Vilate to know and prayed for her to know and she received a vision to know.  She was shown a vision where she was shown.  This account was given in The Work and The Glory Series by Gerald Lund.  I really think you all shouldn't be so quick to judge.  You all really don't live your religion.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves

6 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

I am not obsessed with the sex, it is wrong for you all to say so...I really think you all shouldn't be so quick to judge.  You all really don't live your religion.

And yet you are the only one to have brought up sex and men's obsession with it in your argument. Everyone judging here is doing so with the opinions you have provided, and there are many. How is it that everyone's perception of your views is so alike and you continue to dig in your heels in your position? I'd say that gives us a very good idea of what you think and why we are judging your words.

Edited by Crash

15 minutes ago, Crash said:

I believe it was John Taylor and his wife Leonora; and the ending was that Smith declined to marry Leonora and sealed the Taylors to each other in the spot.

9 minutes ago, Crash said:

Again, you're resorting to insults. I've had way too much experience with a textbook sociopath and narcissist than I'd care to and your response and insults are EXACTLY the type of response and insults that come from one. Your reply to my post is childish and continues to weaken your position.

I doubt that

15 minutes ago, Crash said:

I believe it was John Taylor and his wife Leonora; and the ending was that Smith declined to marry Leonora and sealed the Taylors to each other in the spot.

• pam unfeatured this topic