Texas and Cali travel

NeuroTypical

7 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

and then to Calabasas, California.

Noooo Waaaayy! I live here (see below), stop on by!
27465WindingWay071.thumb.jpg.072aeca214c74894e21afd99d2cecbd1.jpg

If you don't have time, you could go to The Cheesecake Factory Headquarters and get a selfie? (just thinking out loud at this point?)

Edited by NeedleinA

3 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Noooo Waaaayy! I live here (see below), stop on by!
27465WindingWay071.thumb.jpg.072aeca214c74894e21afd99d2cecbd1.jpg

If you don't have time, you could go to The Cheesecake Factory Headquarters and get a selfie? (just thinking out loud at this point?)

Now we know where the next forums get together will be.  :P

57 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, I'll be travelling shortly to Austin Texas, and then to Calabasas, California.

I'll have an hour or three to kill in both places, anyone know anything about either place?  Anything I just absolutely have to see or do there?

Austin, Texas, ugh.

Oh wait... you're close to Boulder.  You're used to it!  Yeah, Austin is a college town.. that usually means - lots of crunchy types.  Austin has great concerts and outdoorsy activities like hiking.   But if you have only 3 hours to spare, I'd say use it to tour the Texas State Capitol.

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Austin, Texas, ugh.

Oh wait... you're close to Boulder.  You're used to it!  Yeah, Austin is a college town.. that usually means - lots of crunchy types.  Austin has great concerts and outdoorsy activities like hiking.   But if you have only 3 hours to spare, I'd say use it to tour the Texas State Capitol.

No, they're both highly liberal, but they're two different kinds of crazy.

Depending upon what part of Austin you'll be in, you could spend that long waiting in line at one of the better restaurants. 

No joke. 

Austin is pretty much a "destination" town nowadays, given all of the educational, cultural, entertainment, and culinary destinations in the city. 

We'd need to know what you're into and what part of town you'll be traveling through. 

It depends on how far you want to travel.  It could take an hour or two (depending on rush hour or other things) to get to it, but Disneyland is RIGHT there in California (well, right there being a subjective term).  You could go.  You could make it!

On the subject of theme parks, San Antonio is only around an Hour South of Austin.  You have Sea World...and of course, the Riverwalk and the Alamo.  You have a piece of Texas history just an hour south of Austin...

Thanks for the responses everyone!  I'm on business travel, so have limited time.  More time in Austin than LA.   I will probably sit down with this thread when I'm in my hotel room with time, and pick something.

Y'all rock!

And yes, Boulder is it's own special kind of liberal institutionalized crazy.  

I'm 5 lbs heavier with all the TexMex.  Hard to choose between different kinds of brisket.  I took one day just to fly from Austin to LAX.   Hitting the hotel room was like

5ad767305f5ef_IMG_05381.JPG.927a4019d3efb96eda12977387a58112.JPG

They tell me business travel loses it's appeal pretty quickly.  But I haven't done that for 15+ years, and it's been a hoot.  Everything is so much easier than it used to be.