What other locations and time periods do you think currently unavailable records and scripture come from?

FoolsMock

Anywhere there was a prophet who was commanded to write as Nephi, and others were. We have in scripture a prophet by the name of Balaam, not of Israel. If what has been said about prophets is that they all testified of Christ. It would not shock me if Balaam recorded his teachings about Christ.

There were tribes (similar to Lehi) who were scattered. It would not shock me if we receive records from Asian continents, Australia, Africa, South America, Canada regions, etc...

I would be shocked if Christ has not come within 100 years or so. If so, then yes, we will have new records from ancient days. I, personally, do not believe we will receive any ancient records before Christ comes; although, I am open to being wrong.

Whether we receive new scripture depend entirely on our repentence. 

D&C 84

54 And your minds in times past have been darkened because of unbelief, and because you have treated lightly the things you have received--
55 Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation.
56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all.
57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written--
58 That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.

We need to be ready or it will be for nothing.

“I believe the Lord can do anything he sets his mind to do. But I can see no good reason why the Lord would open doors that we are not prepared to enter” (“The Uttermost Parts of the Earth,” Ensign, July 1979, 9).

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

You, and anyone reading this board, may well receive these scriptures because...you will be in another existence where you matey well have access to scriptures not available here! :angel: 👼🙂

Ah, you mean passing on from the mortal life?  Is there anything in scripture or comments from leaders we'll have access to scripture in the spirit world?

On 8/25/2018 at 10:41 AM, FoolsMock said:

And do you think we'll receive a new record of scripture from ancient days within the next 100 or so years?

I will list some sources of scripture that I believe will possibly surface.

#1. First -  New Testament era scriptures written shortly after the time of Christ that will have a similar impact as the Dead Sea Scrolls.  These scriptures were originally discovered (I believe in 1839) and were first kept by the Eastern Orthodox Church in Russia.  They fell into the hands of the Russian Communists party up until the Communists fell in Russia.  These manuscripts were kept secret until the communists returned them to religious leaders.  I personally petitioned with local leaders of the Greek Orthodox Church here in the Salt Lake City area - to have these manuscripts released to the public when they were returned to the Eastern Orthodox Church.  However, it was decided at the highest levels of the Eastern Orthodox Church not to release these manuscripts or even a list of the books contained in the almost two century ago find.

#2.  A very ancient source of Old Testament scriptures that contain a unsoiled copy of the Book of Enoch, Adam's Book of Remembrance and many other ancient manuscripts known to have existed but without valid manuscripts yet known - In essence the same scriptures used by the "Kings - Wise-men" spoken of at the birth of Christ.

#3 The Original manuscripts of Zoroaster - I believe these will be found to be actual scripture and possibly the same as #2.

#4 Scripture of the society of Pester John where he and perhaps several others ruled under the same name.  Early Catholic sources during the crusades claimed to be from Africa or a mythical character but Muslim sources of the same time period claim to be from either Persia or  parts that are now India.

#5 Early settlers of Japan where there are legends of a visit by a "White G-d" similar to legends of native Americans.

#6 Early, thought to be Buddhist scriptures, in the Cave of the 1,000 Buddhas in China that have been found but not translated yet - I believe from some already released information that some of these manuscripts contain references to Christ.

#7. More scripture records from the Book of Mormon - Including the sealed portion that Joseph Smith referenced.

#8. Possible early scriptures of the Danes (Vikings) associated with what is thought to be the lost 10 Tribes. 

#9. Scriptures completely lost and forgotten in history - Perhaps from Mongolia, Africa, Asia and Polynesia.

The Traveler  

Edited by Traveler

What other locations and time periods do you think currently unavailable records and scripture come from?

My journal.  I'm pretty certain parts of it will be canonized upon my death, and a grateful church will willingly devour the truths therein.  Especially my writings involving humility.  Probably in Sunday School.  1 yr new testament, 1 yr old testament, 1 yr restored gospel, 1 yr NT's journals.  

Edited by NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, FoolsMock said:

Ah, you mean passing on from the mortal life?  Is there anything in scripture or comments from leaders we'll have access to scripture in the spirit world?

Ah, you mean passing on from the mortal life? Yes!

Is there anything in scripture or comments from leaders we'll have access to scripture in the spirit world? No!

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Ah, you mean passing on from the mortal life? Yes!

Is there anything in scripture or comments from leaders we'll have access to scripture in the spirit world? No!

You may find  this interesting - Doctrine and Covenants 62:3

3 Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you.

The Traveler

And do you think we'll receive a new record of scripture from ancient days within the next 100 or so years?

i think most if not all continents will have hidden records. christ was pretty active throughout the world after the resurrection.

No. I don’t think we’ll receive more ancient scripture until we no longer take lightly the scripture we have. I also feel the second coming will not be before then.