GA made a bold prediction

omegaseamaster75

My own grandmother's patriarchal blessing said she would see the Second Coming of Christ.  She died in 1987 at the age of 82.  Was the patriarch wrong?  I don't think so.  I think she will see the Second Coming of Christ.

1 hour ago, pam said:

My own grandmother's patriarchal blessing said she would see the Second Coming of Christ.  She died in 1987 at the age of 82.  Was the patriarch wrong?  I don't think so.  I think she will see the Second Coming of Christ.

It all depends on how you interpret  it.  What did your grandmother think when she received the blessing? Did she think that she would witness in life the second coming?

Maybe the patriarch was wrong. We don't know. Of course now that she has passed clearly she will arise and welcome Jesus upon his triumphant return just like the blessing said.

26 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

It all depends on how you interpret  it.  What did your grandmother think when she received the blessing? Did she think that she would witness in life the second coming?

Maybe the patriarch was wrong. We don't know. Of course now that she has passed clearly she will arise and welcome Jesus upon his triumphant return just like the blessing said.

I don't know what she thought.  Of course I can't ask her now.

2 hours ago, pam said:

I have a similar statement in mine

6 hours ago, askandanswer said:
15 hours ago, Jersey Boy said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but I guess you’ll have now have to decide if an entry in a Church member’s notebook supersedes the word of God, spoken from his very mouth, and given as holy scripture to the Church in THIS dispensation... 

And they have done unto the aSon of Man even as they listed; and he has taken his power on the bright hand of his cglory, and now reigneth in the heavens, and will reign till he descends on the earth to put all enemies dunder his feet, which time is nigh at hand—

I, the Lord God, have spoken it; but the hour and the aday no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor shall they know until he comes. (D&C 49)

I think the various posts that have included this scripture might be overlooking the possibility that for some, the week, month or year, might be very well known, even though the hour or day is not. Again, no comments from me as to likelihood about this being the case, but it certainly seems like it could be a possibility. 

Those with eyes to see and ears to hear will not be taken by surprise when the Lord comes. They may not know the hour or the day, but they will see what is plain to be seen by those with the eyes to see, hear what is plain to be heard by those with ears to hear, and understand by the Spirit that the Lord's coming is near, even at the door. That is my belief, and I think scriptures bear me out.

13 hours ago, e-eye said:

13 hours ago, e-eye said:

Not at all.  Amos 3:7 and this scripture can still exist.  

So hour and day no, week, month, season, year, decade - all still open for God to reveal to his prophets.  The righteous who are watching won’t be surprised when he comes. 

I agree, Amos 3:7 and D&C 49: 6-7 can co-exist and there is no contradiction between them. The apparent contradiction I was seeking to draw attention to is between Amos 3:7 where the Lord says He will reveal His secrets to His servants, the prophets, and D&C 130: 14 - 16, where the Lord chose very clearly not to reveal a particular secret to His prophet Joseph Smith. And if the Lord chose not to give wisdom to Joseph Smith regarding the timing of His second coming, then that might raise questions about the promise contained in James 1:5 where the Lord promises to give wisdom liberally to all that ask in faith. 

Edited by askandanswer