The Stickman Thread

zil2

50 minutes ago, Vort said:

Go for a run. Everyone knows cardio kills gains.

THISeeNoStickman.jpg.9a6ec4284032d8702d45d96603e77386.jpg

:(

--

Also, just for the record, fountain pens are optional, but your stickman will be much happier if you draw him using a fountain pen. ;)

Edited by zil2
Fixed it.

12 minutes ago, zil2 said:

I see no stickman... :(

--

Also, just for the record, fountain pens are optional, but your stickman will be much happier if you draw him using a fountain pen. ;)

As it so happens, I own a fountain pen. A friend gave it to me a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, Vort said:

Harold, of Harold and the Purple Crayon fame.

Apparently I'm not up to date on fame.  Never heard of Harold and the Purple Crayon.  Will go look it up.  Strange.  Appears to be from 1955.  I wonder how I never heard of it.  Looks like I'd like it.  Added to wishlist.

5 minutes ago, zil2 said:

Apparently I'm not up to date on fame.  Never heard of Harold and the Purple Crayon.  Will go look it up.  Strange.  Appears to be from 1955.  I wonder how I never heard of it.  Looks like I'd like it.  Added to wishlist.

It was one of my very favorite books in my youngest years. I'm guessing it was just weird enough to engage my four- or five-year-old self.

9 hours ago, zil2 said:

Apparently I'm not up to date on fame.  Never heard of Harold and the Purple Crayon

WHATTTT!?!?!?! Dang, woman!  Get with the program.  You just lost some jujubee points. 

https://www.amazon.com/Harold-Purple-Crayon-Books/dp/0064430227/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=harold+and+the+purple+crayon+book&sr=8-1957299328_51YSTWOrdDL._SX398_BO1204203200_.jpg.ae2c5b393026314c3082b26e0a5957d2.jpg

9 hours ago, zil2 said:

Will go look it up.  Strange.  Appears to be from 1955.  I wonder how I never heard of it.  Looks like I'd like it.  Added to wishlist.

Oh.  Very well then.  Enjoy.

Edited by Carborendum

12 hours ago, zil2 said:

Speaking of Harold.

https://www.ksat.com/weather/2023/08/20/tropical-wave-to-bring-rain-to-texas-early-this-week-heres-the-latest-outlook-for-san-antonio/

Tropical Storm Harold made landfall over Padre Island, Texas around 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, bringing gusty winds and needed rainfall to parts of South Central Texas. As the remnants of Harold continue to work westward, the rain will gradually come to an end from east to west Tuesday evening.

3 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

(Article title: "...the remnants of Harold move west".)  Allow me to demonstrate how you were supposed to relate this news:

THHaroldRemnantsWest.jpg.a0f177de8f9bbacd19ad6dd989b1d158.jpg

(Who knew adults would have such a hard time following a simple rule... Stickmen, people, stickmen!)