Curses of minor inconvenience

Vort

2 hours ago, Vort said:

May your sock be slightly rotated.

Hey now, no need to escalate things that far.

For that offense:

May your car develop a squeak when it backs up.

May you dust your ceiling fans, only to discover one blade was missed, and now it wobbles, and you have misplaced your stepladder.

May you insert the USB cord the right way on the first try, and spend the rest of the day worrying how the universe will get revenge on you.

34 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

May you insert the USB cord the right way on the first try, and spend the rest of the day worrying how the universe will get revenge on you.

On our family call just now, my daughter came up with, "May your USB always be upside-down."

8 hours ago, Traveler said:

May you enter a room and forget what it was you came to the room to get.

Part of some science-y show I watched explained that doorways trigger our brains to "leave the old behind" and "prepare for new" (to greatly simplify).  As we get older, it's harder to recall what we left behind - though going back into the previous room can help.  They explained that if one wants to retain something from one room to the next, one should simply repeat it to oneself as one passes through the doorway.  This seems to work for me. :)

May you hear an intermittent buzzing noise in your bedroom just when you want to go to bed, with no sign of an actual fly no matter how many hours' sleep you lose searching for it.

May said fly descend upon your face the moment you give up and put the light out.

May the Yorkie bar you bought for your mid-morning treat inexplicably taste of mint. (Not that there's anything wrong with mint chocolate, but when you buy a Yorkie bar you expect a Yorkie bar and not an After Eight.)

May your next door neighbour start tinkering with his car on Saturday Morning, just as you sit down to watch Little House on the Prairie.

Edited by Jamie123
I meant intermittent, not intermediate

3 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

May you hear an intermediate buzzing noise in your bedroom just when you want to go to bed, with no sign of an actual fly no matter how many hours' sleep you lose searching for it.

Gentamicin has seen to it that I hear continuous noise day and night. It's always with me, a kind of devoted but annoying friend that never, ever shuts up.