What is your favorite temple?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to the orlando temple dedication (also endowed there), been to atlanta, the nauvoo open house, stopped at the one in missouri passing through. however, though it's small, my favorite is the birmingham alabama....was at the ground breaking, open house, and dedication, also was married there (the first marriage actually).

I was at the San Diego Temple dedication and i got to be in the celestial room at a very young age (i think 10 or so?) Where i met Thomas S. Monson.

that temple is absolutely wonderful and one of the last few "Large" temples built before Gordon B Hinkley had the revelation of smaller temples so they could build more of them.

I can't pick a favorite on decor or architecture. But I have had some beautiful experiences inside that have made me fond of this temple or that. I will always remember the celestial room in the Las Vegas Temple. And the Provo temple because that is where I took out my endowments and where I went so frequently during my college years. I love the story about Moroni walking on the land where the Manti temple sits and I love the majesty of the DC and San diego temples.

I love all the temples for one reason or another. It is really hard to pick a favorite.

Well, I haven't been inside that many, so from an outside prespective, I would say Salt Lake looks the coolest, but I'm partial to the Seattle Temple because I got married there. :) I've also been in the Portland one and I love the Celestial Room. I would love to go to the Washington DC temple someday. I drove past it with my uncle many years ago and it looked so cool at night.

Mine is the Washington DC Temple. There is a great view from the freeway, The huge mural of the second coming is great and the stained glass windows running up the spires, I saw this from the inside very cool. Plus it was the temple that served my mission. It was outside our boundary so I only got to go once as an Elder and once later. I'd post some photos from my trip but there analog;)

I don't have any of my pictures uploaded anywhere...

But it's definitely Nauvoo. It's the only temple I've been IN, though, so I'm probably biased.

But I love the simple structure, but the nice details. It's very solid, standing strong in wait of the LORD.

And when you sing in the small chapel off of the font room? Glorious.

I have not been inside many Temples. Seen lots from the outside. Hawaii was definitely very beautiful! I have participated in baptisms in the Provo Temple and in the Sweden Temple. As an endowed member I have only ever been to the London Temple.

However, my favourite is a Temple which I have never been inside to participate in Temple Ordinances...

It is the Copenhagen, Denmark Temple.

The Temple is actually a building with plenty of history. I believe it started out as a Government building or some kind of official building and then it was dedicated as a Chapel/Meetinghouse for our church and now it has been transformed and re-dedicated as a Temple. It became a Temple after I moved away from Denmark.

I grew up going to the Chapel there for plenty of firesides and meetings and youth dances and dance-group practice in the basement. I have lots of fond memories from that building and it will always have a special place in my heart and I look forward to going there someday soon hopefully.

Posted Image

Copenhagen Denmark LDS (Mormon) Temple