****New Challenge****

Palerider

A few weeks ago we had a challenge to attend the Church of your faith and many of you responded to that.

The new challenge is....and I know that some of you not of the LDS Faith will be able to do this, however I apologise if you feel excluded.

The new challenge is...General Conference is coming up in a few weeks....I want to challenge those of you here to watch or listen to at least...One Session.....session of your choice and listen to it for 2 hrs. Any takers?????

I always try to listen at home via byu.tv... You guys are up at night!:P

I usually listen to the Saturday morning meeting at home then we used to go to listen to the Sunday morning in the Church in Sunday evening direct... but I been listening to it at home lately, as my DH wants the Norwegean translation (and the room where they show it is so cold) and I would like to have it in English or Finnish (English in the church meeting room and that room is soooo full and very early, no Finnish anywhere)... so I stay at home and listen to one or the other. The rest of the conferance has always taken a few weeks before I have been able to locate it again.

I will be listening as many of the sessions as I can in BYUtv... but maybe not at the same time they are happening. I think it is really nice to get them over internett.:)

I'm so tired today, but so far I've attended my leadership meetings, all three blocks and getting ready to head out to my Elders Quorum Presidency meeting. I will definitely not miss any session of General Conference. Not trying to brag or "give alms" in public per se, but just wanted to express how glad I am that I went today. Every meeting in today's ward conference was one that I really needed to be a part of, as if the lessons and talks were custom tailored for me specifically. Once again, I'm reassessing my life and my schedule. Nothing matters more than the work of the Lord.

I have no choice but to attend all 4 general and 1 prst hood.

My children, 13,10 and 8 would not allow us to miss it.

It is amazing they really get excited about General Conference.

We do special treats and have activities for them during sessions, conference bingo etc.

Home is too far away between sessions so we bring or pick up a picnic lunch and eat outside or in if the weather is not cooperating.

If I don't go to Priesthood I'll get pestered by them for explanation as to why not.

Pale, I like you have five sessions to attend or watch. Thank goodness for a DVR. In years past we have made it a family affair. Early breakfast before morning session, light lunch between sessions and bbq after afternoon session.

I also purchase the DVD set that comes out a few months later and have it as a resource. Download the conf talks on IPod too. What a nerd.

Ben Raines

Last year I attended a Saturday evening session in April and a Sunday morning session in October..I have a problem with dropping off to sleep nowadays, especially while sitting in a large room full of people listening to speeches, so I would probably benefit from reading the talks online when they are published, I have no sound on my PC at the moment so couldn't watch them..

A few weeks ago we had a challenge to attend the Church of your faith and many of you responded to that.

The new challenge is....and I know that some of you not of the LDS Faith will be able to do this, however I apologise if you feel excluded.

The new challenge is...General Conference is coming up in a few weeks....I want to challenge those of you here to watch or listen to at least...One Session.....session of your choice and listen to it for 2 hrs. Any takers?????

I love General Conference. I usually manage to see most of it, with just a few interruptions. Like Ben, I also like getting the DVD. It's like watching a re-run...I always catch something that I missed the first time around.

Sometimes I concentrate more from watching via my PC, instead of the TV.

But no matter the 'mode', I'm in!

I will try and get as many sessions in as possible. I'm sure I'll have to work during a couple of them. Oh wait...I forgot to tell Ben. I'm coming to his house so I can enjoy all the food that he always puts out for conference.