How do you think about the people of "Iran"?

Mahdi

I'm not certain what you're asking, Mahdi.

I don't think anyone is going to say that the people of Iran are bad. They are, for the most part, a very religious and pious people who deserve respect.

That's not, however, what I think you're asking. I think you're asking, 'Do you agree with the current aggressive stance taken by the world towards Iran?"

I think a lot of people are worried about nuclear ambitions by President Ahmedinejad, who is painted as an extremist who wants to erase Israel from the map. However, because the quotes that say these things are disputed, I honestly don't know what to think about President Ahmedinejad. I'd like a chance to speak to him directly and hear his side of things, but that isn't likely to happen. ;)

I'm sure there are many good people from Iran, but I can't erase the memory of millions of them dancing in the streets on 9/11.

my sister.I am Iranian and when I saw 9/11 and watch it ,I became sad and if you remember our president said that we also are sad.

what you say(that people danced) I promise you that is not correct.

please don't accept such these things. media nets try to show a bad picture from Iran.

thanks

I'm sure there are many good people from Iran, but I can't erase the memory of millions of them dancing in the streets on 9/11.

I vaguely remember seeing pictures of some Palestinians celebrating that day. But millions of Iranians dancing in the street? I know the US and Iran aren't exactly best buddies, but that's got to be an exaggeration.

A wise man left his village and was traveling down a country road when he came across another traveler heading in the opposite direction.

The traveler asked the wise man what kind of people lived in the village he was headed to. The wise man asked the traveler what kind of people lived in his old village to which he responded." Horrible, greedy, hate filled people lived where i come from.That is why i left" The wise man answered telling him that he would find the new town filled with horrible , greedy and hate filled people and continued on his way.

Later down the road the wise man came across another travaler headed to the same village.

The traveler asked the wise man what kind of people lived in the village he was headed to. The wise man again asked the traveler what kind of people lived in his old village to which the traveler responded. "Great, kind and loving people people. I wish i did not have to leave." The wise man told him not to worry that he would find the new town filled great, kind and loving people.

The people of Iran and MOST of the middle eastern countries are good people. The only problem is that people tend to forget that the radical Islam followers do not represent Islam in the least. and that carries over to the Islamic states they came from. Plus most of the Major leaders in the countries are radicals and we tend to think the people under them are like that as well, which isnt true. I actually had a history teacher this year who lived in Iran as a kid and the only thing that bugs me about him is that hes really OCD.

I think there are good people and bad people whereever you go in the world.

I must admit though, although I realize that most people from the middle east are probably good people whom belive in peace, etc., I do fear them also, probably due to things I hear about on CNN or read about (fear that many want to kill all the westerners's, wipe out America). It scares me and sometimes when I see people from the middle east or walk by them on the street, I wonder to myself it they hate me.....

In the name of Allah(God)

Please answer this question regardless of governmental views!

thanks alot

Mahdi

Unnamed agency [2008] have done some internal research with a few citizens within the country of Iran to determine the opinion towards the USA. The results were overwhelming for the US.

I vaguely remember seeing pictures of some Palestinians celebrating that day. But millions of Iranians dancing in the street? I know the US and Iran aren't exactly best buddies, but that's got to be an exaggeration.

You only tend to see things that's fits into your little world, don't you?

You must have been watchimg MSNBC.

Edited by Churchmouse

You only tend to see things that's fits into your little world, don't you?

You must have been watchimg MSNBC.

OK I confess. I'm a blinkered fool who sees the world through rose-tinted glasses, who won't accept the hard truth that C.S. Lewis was a druggie who wrote rap music.:rolleyes:

The Persian people have a noble and great history. Cyrus the Great appears in Jewish and Christian scripture as a good and just man. The great and timeless works of Aristotle and Plato were no doubt influenced by Athens' regular contact with Persia.

It's a dang shame that Alexander the Great, Media, Assyria, Babylonia, Rome, Genghis Khan, the Ottoman empire, the Portuguese empire, Imperial Russia, the British Empire, and Iraq have all warred with you folks over the centuries. I understand a little about Iran's mindset - always wondering when the next enemy will show up and start killing you.

I'm glad the US and Iran could work together to the extent we did, in deciding what the future Iraq would look like. I don't begrudge Iran a buffer zone from the Arab world.

I support any necessary effort to keep Iran from developing/obtaining nuclear weapons.

I don't think Achmedinijad is crazy or evil. I do think he represents a threat to Israel, and possibly the US as well. As such, geopolitics make us enemies. Here's hoping that the future might be brighter.

LM

OK I confess. I'm a blinkered fool who sees the world through rose-tinted glasses, who won't accept the hard truth that C.S. Lewis was a druggie who wrote rap music.:rolleyes:

Apology accepted:)

My personal favorite of all authors, thoughout the world, is James Herriot. Going to visit Thrisk(sp) on our first day in England.

...I must admit though, although I realize that most people from the middle east are probably good people whom belive in peace, etc., I do fear them also, probably due to things I hear about on CNN or read about (fear that many want to kill all the westerners's, wipe out America). It scares me and sometimes when I see people from the middle east or walk by them on the street, I wonder to myself it they hate me.....

You need to lay off the Jack Bauer. :lol:

I travel to the middle east every year. The ones our media tells us to fear the most are actually NICER than the ones that are our "allies".

most media is corrupt nowadays in my opinion

And therein lies the real crux of the issue. Fear and hate mongering are the media's best friends.

Students [who now run the government] were portray on those 'so-called' chanting in the news. Was it the consensus of the nation? NO!

Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure we've had a few college campus debacles ourselves, now haven't we? If we had to judge every nation based on their 20 year olds, it'd be a sad day.

=============================================

Mahdi:

When I came across a post from you last night, I was really excited. I'm so glad you're on here! I absolutely LOVE meeting regular, normal people from other places - as they're more "real" than anything that will ever come across a TV or radio station.

I travel to Israel each winter and have come to love and cherish the Palestinian people. I suspect that there are similarities between them and the Iranians. I don't judge you by your ruler - just as I hope the world doesn't judge me by Obama or Bush (yikes).

Out of curiosity, how do YOU feel about the Iranian government? Do they meet the Iranian people's needs? Are they honest with you? What levels of freedom are you granted? Is there a strong anti-American sentiment?

In the name of Allah(God)

Please answer this question regardless of governmental views!

thanks alot

Mahdi

I have never met anyone from Iran that I did not care for deeply and find very interesting to talk to.

The Traveler

Guest Godless

I have nothing against the people of Iran. It's their leadership I disagree with.

I think most Iranians (and muslims in general) feel the same way about the US.