just a question....

personally, i LOVE those highlights.......and how is it different from a 60 year old trying to hide her grey?..........none, to my mind.......i'd go for it, and if i was stopped, i'd calmly state my argument as to why it's no different, and see what happens

There is not many 60 years olds doing baptism for the dead.

i knew girls that dyed their hair ("normal" colors) in high school..... they would be doing baptisms at the temple.... it's not just 60 yr olds that dye their hair. lol

i agree that pulling it up right could work wonders, you would want your hair up anyway.

There is not many 60 years olds doing baptism for the dead.

I'm 57 and love to do them.....and if i was 35 years younger.......i'd go with blue and purple.......just a bit of fun and not hurting anybody.........except those that are drawn to judgement out of ignorance by assuming the dye represents something hostile or is simply not their way. I remember hearing a story years ago, about an elderly woman working in the temple, who witnessed a man, arms covered in tatoos, enter and go towards the chaging room.......and she asked......"excuse me dear, are you sure you're in the right place?"........and after he had changed into his temple garb, he replied," yes, i am......are you?" how's that old saying go?....something about book covers, or something.

hi..

the question is... are you allowed to go into the temple for baptisms if you decide to dye your hair with an unusual hair color, such as purple, blue or pink highlights??

^_^

Most awesome highlights ever.... for years I tried to get the mrs (when she wasn't the mrs) to try pink highlights.... sadly, she is now a RN and not able to pull that off anymore :(

hi..

the question is... are you allowed to go into the temple for baptisms if you decide to dye your hair with an unusual hair color, such as purple, blue or pink highlights??

^_^

My father often gave me advice – one of the things I remember when I would ask what I should do he would answer telling me to be wise in making decisions. Then he would say, “Remember a wise person is one that does in the beginning what a fool finely learns to do in the end.”

Prepare yourself to be in the holy house of G-d. It is holy ground – just as holy as the place where Moses was told to remove the shoes from off his feet. Be honest and be your best and it will be a place of great spiritual comfort – but it is not the end of the journey – just another part of the journey.

The Traveler

My hair was black with small blue sections a few months ago. I certainly wasn't turned away, nor was I made to feel unwelcome.

Give the temple workers a chance, they aren't as closed minded as you might think they are.

Agree. Those Temple workers could very well appreciate neon blue hair ( I know I do).

hi..

^_^

You can dye your hair like a Zebra if you like:D...but, what you need to answer yourself, knowing that there are spirits serving along with the humbled temple patronages, are you comfortable in approaching the Lord if He appeared before you?

Why? I always have a hard time in going to the temple in seeing those spirits walking the corridors. In comparison, in the past I use to count a sacrament attendance and later compare my personal count with the clerk only to see his count was less than mine. ;)

You have your agency....

My hair was black with small blue sections a few months ago. I certainly wasn't turned away, nor was I made to feel unwelcome.

Give the temple workers a chance, they aren't as closed minded as you might think they are.

Or being to concern with those with white hair...I mean...white as snow.:D

You can dye your hair like a Zebra if you like:D...but, what you need to answer yourself, knowing that there are spirits serving along with the humbled temple patronages, are you comfortable in approaching the Lord if He appeared before you?

Sort of like a 'coat of many colors' type thing, eh? I hope some shades of gray are allowed - for the sake of the Temple workers.

:D

It's not just hair dye that can discolour the water the hair gel our young men like to wear can leave froth on the water towards the end of the session. But I remember the words of a temple president regarding what we should wear when we attend the temple which can apply to the subject. He said that while the mode of dress should be church standard when entering the temple if that is not possible then we take you as you are,