Chick-fil-a

NeuroTypical

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can probably ask your question here: LDSFF - LDS Freedom Forum -

This is an LDS forum with very conservative/libertarian views.

I am some sort of hybrid.

hope I fit in.

I really thank you.

That is what I was asking.

hoping that LDS.net had a forum that would allow a question like that but. . .

Again, Thanks.:-)

Edited by JohnnyRudick
Atrocious spelling;-)

No problem. LDS.net is owned by a non-profit organization (The More Good Foundation) and needs to preserve its tax-exempt status. This is why there is no talk about current political candidates. It's not that it's not worth discussing, but that it can be a liability to the owners of the forum... of which, we are all guests (or severely underpaid staff). :P

Ugh - breaking news:

Family Research Council shooting leaves security guard wounded

According to the CFA critics I've talked to, The Family Research Council was top on their list of 'hate groups'.

Don't expect to see much about this shooting, the FRC, or Chick-Fil-A, in the news any time soon.

Hmm this was the first article i saw when i got home and saw a few more so i'm not sure what you mean about not seeing much of it. And while i don't like what the FRC claims to know about me as a fact, i don't like the idea of people using violence to settle the issue.

though on the other side.....

General Mills protest goes wrong when flaming Cheerios box sets lawn on fire | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada

Seems both sides have issues with acting like adults when it comes to what they disagree with lol.

Hmm this was the first article i saw when i got home and saw a few more so i'm not sure what you mean about not seeing much of it. And while i don't like what the FRC claims to know about me as a fact, i don't like the idea of people using violence to settle the issue.

though on the other side.....

General Mills protest goes wrong when flaming Cheerios box sets lawn on fire | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada

Seems both sides have issues with acting like adults when it comes to what they disagree with lol.

You equate shooting someone with setting a box of cereal on fire?

I would be surprised if the SSM supporters want to claim this guy as part of their 'side'.

To me, it doesn't matter how closely some violent nut's opinions or politics align with any particular 'side'. Once they pick up a gun (or bomb, or knife, or what have you), they distance themselves in my mind from association with that side.

I don't believe this guy is a member of the Same Sex Marriage rights brigade - no matter how much he sounds like one. (I guess if they want to claim him though, I'm happy to rethink things...)

You equate shooting someone with setting a box of cereal on fire?

i could instead list the number of gays assaulted or killed in the last number of years if you'd prefer, though my point here was neither side is full of angels.

i'll remember vort doesn't have a sense of humor next time and won't try to lighten the mood. i keep forgetting that about vort.

Edited by Soulsearcher

I would be surprised if the SSM supporters want to claim this guy as part of their 'side'.

To me, it doesn't matter how closely some violent nut's opinions or politics align with any particular 'side'. Once they pick up a gun (or bomb, or knife, or what have you), they distance themselves in my mind from association with that side.

I don't believe this guy is a member of the Same Sex Marriage rights brigade - no matter how much he sounds like one. (I guess if they want to claim him though, I'm happy to rethink things...)

I'm not so much claiming him as wondering if he'll claim to be one. Neither side can account for their fringe and can even create distance, but in the end they are on the side they've chosen. the fringe on both sides give a black eye to their stance and really do nothing but help breed contention. We all actually tend to encourage the nut jobs by creating more tension than actually trying to accomplish things and that's for many topics, not just SSM.

I'm not so much claiming him as wondering if he'll claim to be one. Neither side can account for their fringe and can even create distance, but in the end they are on the side they've chosen. the fringe on both sides give a black eye to their stance and really do nothing but help breed contention. We all actually tend to encourage the nut jobs by creating more tension than actually trying to accomplish things and that's for many topics, not just SSM.

Well-said.

I've long wondered about the fringe freaks in all matters. It is it worth for a group to deny association with them, or is just best to quickly condemn them and forget about it?

I have created my first memebase pic:

Posted Image

We do not know this company in Germany. We have, however, heard about them in our media. It was all about that this company (or their president) is against the marriage for homosexuals. This is his opinion he has a right to say that. Clearly that [those with same sex attraction] do not like this opinion, they must bear it, however. This is America, the country of the free and the brave.

Everybody can say there what he thinks. It will so stupidly be sometimes as this Westboro Baptist Church of Fred Phelps.

Edited by skippy740
Moderator edited to remove a potentially derogatory term

• 4 weeks later...

Will that please people, though? Stopping funding is still a far cry from supporting and liking something.

I know it does make a difference to me. I don't care if people support me or like me, i do care when they try and stop me. Again it's one thing to be anti anything in thought, it's when the thought turns into action that people tend to feel the sting more. Think of Anti mormons. If they just hold their views it's one thing, When they start protesting, or making sites to mislead the public or actively try to do harm they tend to become more of a pain. Or is that just my view?

I'm still unhappy that everyone and their dog has accepted the lie that 'supporting traditional marriage' = 'anti-gay'. Good reminder that just because everybody you talk to and every news source you can find says something, doesn't mean it's true.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

I know it does make a difference to me. I don't care if people support me or like me, i do care when they try and stop me. Again it's one thing to be anti anything in thought, it's when the thought turns into action that people tend to feel the sting more. Think of Anti mormons. If they just hold their views it's one thing, When they start protesting, or making sites to mislead the public or actively try to do harm they tend to become more of a pain. Or is that just my view?

That's good. I have a gay friend who insists everyone back him up on everything he wants, and it gets difficult.

And I completely agree with your view.