Anyone still getting political mudslinging on Fb?

Bini

I voted but I also showed support on Facebook for my preferred candidate by clicking the "Like" button on his Official Campaign page. I was never one of those people to mudsling, or in general, make snarky comments about the opposing party. That said, I have no problems with people voicing their opinions and opening up discussion regarding certain issues. But I cannot stand outright posts such as: Like This Page If Obama Should Shut The Heck Up (that's the much more toned down version). Or: Obama sucks!

So yeh. I can't stand emotionally unstable posts like that (from either side, or on any subject, for that matter). I just feel that there's a better way to express yourself instead of making dead-end statements that are intended to offend or hurt others, and do not welcome civil conversation where opposing sides can share their views. That's my rant for the day on MY Facebook feed! Ugh.

I finally limited my best friend from High Schools postings because he keeps ranting about voter suppression (his guy won) and how gun owners want more school shootings etc..

I think on facebook it's important to temper our communications.

Regardless, I'm burned out and I don't listen to talk radio anymore because frankly I'm trying to be more positive in life and follow what Gordon B Hinkley said.

"In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

I can't enjoy life if my focus is on what is not in my control.

I have a lot of friends on face book. Many of them are very politically active. I don't mind them posting their own ideas and thoughts on whatever issue is important to them at the moment. But I don't like it when they "share" some weird photo and statement they found on You tube or some random blog, which often has no basis in fact.

I have a lot of friends on face book. Many of them are very politically active. I don't mind them posting their own ideas and thoughts on whatever issue is important to them at the moment. But I don't like it when they "share" some weird photo and statement they found on You tube or some random blog, which often has no basis in fact.

The stupidity of emotional humans in large groups knows no bounds. I agree very much with this.

In the weeks immediately following the election, I saw a lot of comments about secession (here as well). Finally that died down. I continued to see stuff to the effect that "it ain't over 'til it's over," and how Obama wasn't really elected until the Electoral College voted, so write to your Electors and get them to abstain! We only need __ states to abstain for Romney to win!

I woke up Christmas Eve and Christmas mornings to very nasty politically-related (though quite tangential) emails on FB from my sister-in-law, out of nowhere, that sent me into tears for half an hour.

The gloating, preening, and self-congratulatory rhetoric from the Democrat and pro-Obama side is sickening enough, but the continuing demonization of Republicans, conservatives, and especially Mitt Romney and anyone who voices support for him very nearly make me one of those lunatic pro-secessionists. I simply do not want to associate with such awful human beings, even as a fellow citizen.

What I got was some pretty nasty postings about Romney and Mormons. I was really shocked because I never expected that from the two women who posted them. I asked them privately why the nasty attack on me, my faith and on Romney? They both were extremely nasty in their reply- evil nasty! So I un-friended them.

Another woman has upped the amount of posts that are pro-Christ. If you really love Christ you will "like" AND "share" this. If you ignore, then you are going to go to ####. I dislike those kinds of threatening emails and I really dislike it on FB - so she is un-friended also.

I blocked and bounced her years ago from my emails.

I saw one of the women in the Post Office the other morning. She was waiting to mail something and I was picking up my medications. She actually called me a F(bomb) Bee-otch. The Postmaster told her to cease with the vulgarity and get out. She spit at my feet as she left.

Whoa! She knew I was LDS when I first met her ages ago ~ so why the venom now?? Believe me, when I see her car coming, I am getting off the road and out of her way.

I mostly avoid Fb now because of it, totally annoying behavior from both sides. I'm tired of it, the Democrats that I know are making butts of themselves gloating about the election and the Republicans are throwing the mother of all hissy fits and threatening to move to Canada because Obama is going to destroy America or whatever (which really confuses me, I can understand Democrats finding Canada attractive but why Republicans?)

My wife threatened to move to England if Obama won. The difference between every other republican and her is that around four days after the election result was apparent, she was midway over the atlantic.

Haha! So, how's she liking England?

Half of my friends on Facebook are English and live in England or somewhere in Europe, and interestingly enough, we're rooting for Obama to win the election.

I repost a lot of posts on facebook. Lately I have seen a lot of really offensive posts. Most of those have little to do with reality. Obama as an african dictator was the latest one that was revolting. There is a lot of evil in many of these posts on both, or all, sides. Satan has found a very nice tool to cause dissension.

With people I know are intelligent I try to point out the fallacies in a polite way especially if it has a gospel aspect to it. The problem with just letting them go is that they DO convince a huge number of people to a mistaken perspective. Shouldnt we try to help fix that?

Mom, some people just don't want to be corrected.

The political posts I've seen have been wildly tempered from pre-election angst. But I have noticed a lot more religious posts. I don't even feel guilty anymore when I don't "'Like' if Jesus is your Savior" "D

Mom, some people just don't want to be corrected.

The political posts I've seen have been wildly tempered from pre-election angst. But I have noticed a lot more religious posts. I don't even feel guilty anymore when I don't "'Like' if Jesus is your Savior" "D

Pointing out fallacies not correcting!!! I can be very polite in my language if I am not ticked off! As far as religious posts, some I repost if I think my friends will enjoy them. Others I read for myself or ignore. I really detest the 'repost if you love Jesus. Ignore if you hate Jesus'. arg What a nasty attitude they have.

A lot of the posts have good points even if I disagree with them. Those I do tend to repost with comments.

We really can change the world if we try and that is what I try to do in a small way. Usually politely. :)

I guess it depends on what you see as mudslinging. Some people see any type of disagreement as mudslinging.

For instance, I am protected under the same constitutional rights that you enjoy (for now), so it is within my right to express how upset I am that America put Obama in office again, and how I am mourning the country I grew up in, and how afraid I am for the future of America. Since Obama supporters obviously disagree with me, they'd call that mudslinging. But it's not. It's the opinion I'm entitled to have and entitled to express, under the rights of the constitution that I hope still exists in some recognizable way in 4 years.

I'm a Pres. Obama supporter and I don't call what you said mudslinging. A healthy discussion of political ideas is necessary for our Republic to flourish. I may disagree with your focus, but I hope you don't think I am mudslinging when I say that I believe the problems our country faces comes from a very different source :D

I guess it depends on what you see as mudslinging. Some people see any type of disagreement as mudslinging.

For instance, I am protected under the same constitutional rights that you enjoy (for now), so it is within my right to express how upset I am that America put Obama in office again, and how I am mourning the country I grew up in, and how afraid I am for the future of America. Since Obama supporters obviously disagree with me, they'd call that mudslinging. But it's not. It's the opinion I'm entitled to have and entitled to express, under the rights of the constitution that I hope still exists in some recognizable way in 4 years.

I wouldn't call that mudslinging. It's about you and your opinions and your fears, and how things affect your life. If you had said that I was a borderline Christian (at best) for voting for Obama, that would be mudslinging.

For the record, I was told that by more than one person in my ward.

I wouldn't call that mudslinging. It's about you and your opinions and your fears, and how things affect your life. If you had said that I was a borderline Christian (at best) for voting for Obama, that would be mudslinging.

For the record, I was told that by more than one person in my ward.

I have been told that by certain members of my family and worse even. One even made a facebook account to yell at me and call me satans follower then he deleted the account. Needless to say that brother is not my best friend. It did make me laugh and I made sure to repost the private message in its entirety on my public wall.

I voted but I also showed support on Facebook for my preferred candidate by clicking the "Like" button on his Official Campaign page. I was never one of those people to mudsling, or in general, make snarky comments about the opposing party. That said, I have no problems with people voicing their opinions and opening up discussion regarding certain issues. But I cannot stand outright posts such as: Like This Page If Obama Should Shut The Heck Up (that's the much more toned down version). Or: Obama sucks!

So yeh. I can't stand emotionally unstable posts like that (from either side, or on any subject, for that matter). I just feel that there's a better way to express yourself instead of making dead-end statements that are intended to offend or hurt others, and do not welcome civil conversation where opposing sides can share their views. That's my rant for the day on MY Facebook feed! Ugh.

I dont use FB much so not really... however i do have some family who are pro gun, and and i'm finding all the pro gun rhetoric that gets shared more and more annoying as well as not very well thought out most of the time.

I dont use FB much so not really... however i do have some family who are pro gun, and and i'm finding all the pro gun rhetoric that gets shared more and more annoying as well as not very well thought out most of the time.

It's not thought out at all. It's a picture of Hitler or Mao with some text slapped over it. Over and over and over again.

I don't get much of that stuff on FB anymore. Now that the election is over, I've 'unliked' many of those facebook pages. I rarely share anything political anymore since the election.

However, with those that I engaged in political conversation, we always kept it to the issue. We didn't make fun of or insult anyone that didn't see things the way we saw them. It was about debating the issue and understanding both sides... not "my way is better than your way".

Some of those whom I had 'vigorous discussion' with, thought that we both would make good candidates because we were clearly articulating our position on both sides, without resorting to namecalling.

Sometimes, it doesn't work out that way and I've had to unfriend a few people because of it. I like a good debate as long as it starts well, ends well and stays on topic.