What Professional Sports Games Have You Been To?

EarlJibbs

Utah Jazz and a variety of thier opponents here over the years. Real Salt Lake, Real Madrid when they played Real Salt Lake, Kansas City Royals, Chicago White Sox and Philadelphia Phillies. A couple more MLB teams, but I was quite young and don't remember who.

I hope some day to see Manchester United and Miami Dolphins games.

Does professional wrestling count?

Why the heck not? They are the profession of their "sport". I forgot that I went to Monday Night Nitro when I was 17 back when it was the WWF. What a great place to people watch.

Been to a gazillion of them. My husband is a sports fan.

I've seen most of the NFL teams play and even got autographs from a bunch of them.

Most of the NBA teams as well.

Baseball: Yankees, Indians, Marlins, Phillies

NHL: Lightning, Hurricanes, Capitals, and can't remember the name of the other one - some Canadian team.

MLS: DC United, Houston Dynamo, Fusion, Galaxy

International Soccer: Real Madrid, AC Milan and all of the national teams in the SEAG.

Boxing: Paquiao, Cottey

Tennis: Agassi, Sampras, Williams sisters, Nadal, Federer, and a bunch of low-seed ones that I can't remember their names.

Golf: Can't remember their names in the PGA Tour... I only remember Tiger, and Duval.

Now, the interesting thing is... I don't like sports much. Hah!

I've seen most of the NFL teams play and even got autographs from a bunch of them.

NHL: Lightning, Hurricanes, Capitals, and can't remember the name of the other one - some Canadian team.

International Soccer: Real Madrid, AC Milan and all of the national teams in the SEAG.

Tennis: Agassi, Sampras, Williams sisters, Nadal, Federer, and a bunch of low-seed ones that I can't remember their names.

Golf: Can't remember their names in the PGA Tour... I only remember Tiger, and Duval.

Wow. Not that this was a competition, but that is a pretty impressive list. I hereby award you 50,000 points.

Wow. Not that this was a competition, but that is a pretty impressive list. I hereby award you 50,000 points.

I'll probably get to add some MMA fights in there as well. Haven't been to one yet though.

if they make it to the finals vs an American team... the Canadian in me has to cheer for them- but as it stands right now I have more reason to cheer for the other 3 teams in the play offs (Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto)

Lakumi, you are truly kind. I find the Canucks to be quite arrogant, you couldn't pay me to cheer for them.

M.

some Canadian team?!

there are only 7:lol:

Many years ago, one of my old boyfriends took me to a San Diego Padres vs Chicago Cubs baseball game in San Diego. Great game. Loved "The Chicken" mascot.

I've attended several Utah Jazz basketball games.

Does the Harlem Globetrotters count as professional? I've seen them perform several times.

On my bucket list is to attend a professional football game. I love football.

Went to the ski jumping during the '88 Olympics and watched Eddie "The Eagle" jump. Don't remember who won, but I remember the worst jumper ever!

Several Calgary Flames games (back when they were good). Lots of CFL games, even a few basketball games when the Calgary 88's were around (not NBA, but a second tier league). I also went to the Vancouver Indy when they were running and the Mantreal Grand Prix. Tired to get into a Manchester United game when I was in England and would love to go to an NFL game sometime.

Talking of Olympics... I went to the one in Atlanta (was that '96?). I saw the opening soccer game, the US women's basketball team against - I think it was China... Japanese baseball team against somebody... men's gymnastics, and some running ones.

Was that the '88 Olympics??? I was there--in Seoul, uh...er...:::cough:::...in the summer. Could it have been '86 or '90?

The 1988 Winter Olympics were held in Calgary. Somehow, I never noticed this little fact:

The Winter and Summer Olympic Games were held in the same years until 1992, after a 1986 decision by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to place the Summer and Winter Games on separate four-year cycles in alternating even-numbered years. Because of the change, the next Winter Olympics after 1992 were in 1994.

I thought the Summer and Winter Olympics were staggered, but I didn't realize it was only fairly recently (20 years ago) that it happened.

And, I thought I'd tell you this...

It was Monday Night Football - Jaguars versus Steelers in '97. My husband was cheering for the Jaguars (new expansion team at that time and he hates the Steelers). We were getting married the next day. It was like, the last 5 seconds or something in the game, the Jaguars was up by 1 point but the Steelers had the ball on the 20-yard-line. So all the Steelers had to do was kick the ball and they get 3 points to win the game.

My husband looked at me and said, "We're not getting married tomorrow. We can't start our marriage with a loss.". He was serious. That's how crazy my husband is about sports. His dad was with us and so he told me (I have no idea how this idiot game is played. Football for me is soccer.) that if we make a lot of noise, the QB (or whoever does the kick snap, sigh, I still don't know until today) might not hear the count and would fumble the ball. So, I banged the plastic chairs soooo hard - everybody else was doing it - we made such a ruckus and sure enough, the kick got blocked, the jaguars got the ball and ran it to the other end to make a touchdown for the jags, the time was up, and we got married the next day.

Anatess,

Oh my...here I sit in the prison office, tears in my eyes...it's...so beautiful. Thank you for that inspirational tale of one who was a football widow before the union even started...::::bawl!!!:::

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5044525941065399&w=268&h=153&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Edited by prisonchaplain

Very excited about the Anaheim Ducks. We've also been to quite a few LA Angels of Anaheim, which is the stupidest name change ever. Dodgers less frequently since they are far away. And SD Padres. But for football, we have USC season tickets. So fun to have them play the U now (and yes, it's the one game where I switch to a Ute).

Oh, does pro Beach Volleyball count? Years ago, I had an apartment half a block off the sand in Hermosa Beach, and you could watch matches sitting right on the sidelines. It was just before it became an Olympic sport so it was easy to get a seat, and it was free. Several of the top players lived in the neighborhood too and would play pickup games every weekend.

Oh, and surfing events and X Games and Strongman competitions all the time at the various beach towns (Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo, Huntington, Venice).

Edited by bytebear