This new forum....

Windseeker

In what way would you lds.netify it?

With old forums theme, I knew I was in mormon land. With the new "full version" theme, it's very nice, consistent with the rest of the site, and at least has a lds.net header at the top. Heck for me it really just lacks one feature, showing me all new threads I haven't viewed. This ip.boards theme, while it's got all the buttons one would need for their daily foruming, it just looks like the generic theme, it has no custom lds.net logo's anywhere, no artwork, etc....

OK testing

hello this is a quote

also I'm finding I have to click the quote button more than once to get my text cursor to stay active ... it seems once it goes inactive clicking on the text box to input text does nothing. also it seems that the text box is programmed to deactivate the paste text feature. This is extremely annoying.

just clicking the quote button on a persons post does not seem to add the post in a quote in the text box, nor does it appear as a quote after hitting the post button.

so are all of you manually quoting and manually typing in each letter of the quotes you're all quoting?

With old forums theme, I knew I was in mormon land. With the new "full version" theme, it's very nice, consistent with the rest of the site, and at least has a lds.net header at the top. Heck for me it really just lacks one feature, showing me all new threads I haven't viewed. This ip.boards theme, while it's got all the buttons one would need for their daily foruming, it just looks like the generic theme, it has no custom lds.net logo's anywhere, no artwork, etc....

There is the ability to see new posts if you are on the IP board theme.

Pam, the slashes are fixed except when you edit your posts...

Just so I understand...when you edit your posts it starts putting in the slashes when using an apostrophe etc?

Eventually there will only be one version.  Trying to get everything to work on the full version.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that.  The full version is much prettier, just not as functional as we're used to.  But I like the pretty!  :)  I'm glad to hear it's still being worked on.

Just so I understand...when you edit your posts it starts putting in the slashes when using an apostrophe etc?

Yeppers.  And if you edit again, it puts another slash.  So, I guess it has a benefit - if you see something like this:  "it///'s" then you know it's been edited 3 times... :)

Yeppers.  And if you edit again, it puts another slash.  So, I guess it has a benefit - if you see something like this:  "it///'s" then you know it's been edited 3 times... :)

I'm not experiencing this I don't think. So I'm guessing it's system/browser related somehow.

Edit: Testing.

2nd Edit: Testing again.

3rd Edit: I'm on Win 7, Chrome.

On my iPad on the ips.board theme...

I say, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Leeloo Dallas Multipass\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" because it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just sooo cool.

Edit one.

And it got slashes...

Three times a charm makes 4 slashes.

Haha, it\'s exponential....

On my iPad on the ips.board theme...

I say, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Leeloo Dallas Multipass\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" because it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just sooo cool.

Edit one.

And it got slashes...

Three times a charm makes 4 slashes.

Haha, it\'s exponential....

My guess is Safari is the culprit. :)