This new forum....

Windseeker

Where is the New Topic button? I hate going through the forum headings one at a time - ugh.

Where is/are the: emoticons & fonts & text size - color

PS- those warning posts are from 3 years ago - even after upgrading and *perfecting* this forum, they still can\'t get rid of that!! (sour grapes)

Guest LiterateParakeet

I like the front page. I didn\'t realize before all the other stuff here. So that is cool.

But I miss the \"new posts\" button. I don\'t want to have to click on each forum, or check dates...or even look for forums that are highlighted because they have new posts. I want to have one list of new posts and glance down it and see what interests me (maybe all of them, maybe only a few.)

It\'s a shame there are no \"thanks\" buttons. Sometimes you just want to say things. It\'s kind of bothersome to have a thread full of responses that are just \"Thanks Wiseone, loved your post.\" The buttons allow you to thank someone without cluttering the thread.

It\'s going to take some time getting used to. At first it appears to be a little too sanitized. Hope to see emoticons and means to add pictures to our posts. HTML tags are not working for me.

ps. It\'s also adding a backslash prior to apostrophes and quotes.

I don\'t mind the colorful graphic look of the site (I like it, actually...the old one was out of date, whereas this looks quite modern), but I otherwise agree with Jenamarie and Mnn. There\'s too much negative space, quotes within posts aren\'t obvious enough, and the forum lists are spaced too far apart.

Keep your comments coming. Also keep in mind things like emoticons, thanks buttons etc were add ons with the old site. Hopefully they are coming. But we wanted to get the site up and running and then work on some of the other things.

I am having difficulty reading anything. I didn\\\'t have that problem before. If I change the settings to bigger then other sites I visit are big too and don\\\'t fit on the page. Irritating.

I think it\'s because they have used a different font. I find it more difficult as well. The Times New Roman that we see right now is too busy. We need a simple sans serif font that has less going on. :)

Keep your comments coming. Also keep in mind things like emoticons, thanks buttons etc were add ons with the old site. Hopefully they are coming. But we wanted to get the site up and running and then work on some of the other things.

Well, I wanted to \"like\" this post, but I\'ve apparently been too nice already today, because I\'ve reached my quota of positive posts for the day.

In the quoting area, not only is there currently no multi-quote function right now, but when we do quote, there\'s no reference to who we are quoting, which I can see leading to a lot of confusion.